Eating under 1000 calories

Replies

• barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Curious, what if any effects are we talking short term like 2 months or so? I was once again fat(295lbs 6'3), got less fat(252lbs) on deployment i like to call fat kid camp where I detox and eat better, gained 23lbs the 3 months I was home(drinking and eating like a god, dam it was good) Now Im back to fat *kitten* standards at 275.

I'm on a short deployment of 2 months so I am hitting it hard. The first few days are hard to not eat how I used to but now 600-900 calories a day is pretty attainable, hell I could have gotten away with 300 yesterday but thought it best to eat a little more to not go too crazy.

Ive lost 5.5 in 3 days so far(down to 269), thinking ill keep this up until i get back to my less fat weight of 252 when I went home last time(maybe 250,245 depending how quick I lose it). Nothing long term as I obviously will be eating and drinking once back stateside.

I admit wine, crown, jameson, scotch, I enjoy very much when home, eating as well. I think I eat/drink when Im home to make up/recover from deployment , kind of a vicious cycle, no better way to get back on the wagon then tank some weight.

The yo-yoing when home I need work on but for now the best I can do is jump start it. Its only 2 months right? Some people live off far less unfortunately in some countries. Short term cant be that bad right?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited May 2017
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    How did you get overweight if now you now have trouble eating 1000 calories?
    I've always had problems with eating food either eating too little or too much and that's basically how I got overweight I had an eating disorder and got down to 7 stone then went the over way and ended up 15 stone, I literally cannot help it

You still have an eating disorder, I'd suggest finding professional asap help to fix that

There is more to being healthy than being a certain weight, and by depriving yourself of calories and nutrients, your body is not going to function properly. It is unlikely that your higher cal day will make up for the nutrient deficiencies during the week.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    OP please see a doctor. You obviously have unresolved issues with food, you are eating way to little even for someone sedentary, let alone doing that level of exercise.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    I've always had problems with eating food either eating too little or too much and that's basically how I got overweight I had an eating disorder and got down to 7 stone then went the over way and ended up 15 stone, I literally cannot help it

Please get professional help.
  • georgiamaxine1
    georgiamaxine1 Posts: 77 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    In the past 9 weeks I've lost 33lbs.

Consistently, or did you have an initial large drop and then average less?
    I have ate under 1000 calories for the last month or so, I just find it really hard to eat more. I average burn about 2,300-2,800 calories according to fit bit. However on a Sunday's I will eat around 3,000 calories. Does this make up for only eating between 600-900 calories a day? I know I sound ridiculous but I'm still 12lbs 'over weight' and I can't seem to force myself to eat more.. has anyone else gone through this? :/

No, it really doesn't sound like it makes up for it, and if you really can't manage to eat more, please see a doctor.
    Yeah I eat around 600-900 calories daily then once a week eat 3,000 calories cos I like to go out for food and have some chocolate, so my average probably isn't too low tbh

No, your average IS quite low. If you have a TDEE of about 2500 and are eating 600-900 6 days a week, that's a deficit of 1750 or 10,500. The high day is at most a 500 surplus, leaving you with a 10,000 deficit. That would be about 3 lbs per week. That's consistent with what you are actually losing or low, so I think your numbers are good (you are losing 3.6 lb/week, but I am hoping some of that was an initial big drop).

If you are only 12 lbs over weight, that's way too aggressive, but more concerning 600-900 is way too low, and feeling like you cannot eat more (other than one really high day) WITH an ED history (and I was concerned before you mentioned that), is worrisome. Please do talk to a doctor if you cannot manage to increase your calories. (And with your history I would even if you are going to try to increase the calories.)

This is said with concern, I know it is hard and no doubt frustrating.
    thank you x

• georgiamaxine1
    As others have mentioned the rapid weight loss and decreased appetite are not healthy and can cause bigger problems down the line. You are definitely not alone in this and like others have suggested you should seek out help. I'd recommend seeing a therapist and a medical provider (to rule out any medical contributors). Eating disorders, depression, and other psychological factors can affect appetite, but so can hormonal imbalances, GI problems, and other medical problems. Sorry you are going through this. You're not alone and help is out there! Take care!
    Thank you x
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Curious, what if any effects are we talking short term like 2 months or so? I was once again fat(295lbs 6'3), got less fat(252lbs) on deployment i like to call fat kid camp where I detox and eat better, gained 23lbs the 3 months I was home(drinking and eating like a god, dam it was good) Now Im back to fat *kitten* standards at 275.

I'm on a short deployment of 2 months so I am hitting it hard. The first few days are hard to not eat how I used to but now 600-900 calories a day is pretty attainable, hell I could have gotten away with 300 yesterday but thought it best to eat a little more to not go too crazy.

Ive lost 5.5 in 3 days so far(down to 269), thinking ill keep this up until i get back to my less fat weight of 252 when I went home last time(maybe 250,245 depending how quick I lose it). Nothing long term as I obviously will be eating and drinking once back stateside.

I admit wine, crown, jameson, scotch, I enjoy very much when home, eating as well. I think I eat/drink when Im home to make up/recover from deployment , kind of a vicious cycle, no better way to get back on the wagon then tank some weight.

The yo-yoing when home I need work on but for now the best I can do is jump start it. Its only 2 months right? Some people live off far less unfortunately in some countries. Short term cant be that bad right?

Like the other poster you need to start your own thread - not hijack OP's

However, briefly - you have a lot more to lose than OP who is only 12 lb overweight - of course you can have a more aggressive loss rate.

• barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Thanks OP for the post, hope you found the answers/help you needed, didn't mean to thread jack just thought we had the same mindset obviously different scenarios.

Cant find a delete option for my post, sincere apologies no "thread jack was intended"
  • georgiamaxine1
    12lbs and I'll be the higher end of my 'ideal weight' 12 stone or 168 lbs. I ideally want to be 150 lbs but I'm aiming on doing this by September, so I'm trying to take it steady. Thanks for all of your replies
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I've done this too and tore myself down to the very rock bottom... with a lot of hammering and insulting comments along the way. Once I was bare bones I began to re-build, which was my plan from the beginning but no one trusted my process... no one except for my trainer and my husband anyway. So I did some reverse dieting and am now fit, and body building and prepping for competition.

For you I'd say since you have a history of ED and it doesn't sound like you have a plan other than "I just wanna lose weight", you need to get some professional counseling either from a regular doctor or nutritionist or both.

Get out of your own head and do the right thing. I believe that sometimes we have to tear it down to build it back up with what we want... ya know, like a bulk and cut. So if that's your intention than keep doing what you're doing. But you're living on the edge. Unless you're educated and carefully calculating all of your numbers you might go too far. So I guess I am saying be careful with the process.

Women who are prepping for competition generally cut calories super low when it's getting close to show time, but believe me they don't do it for fun, they do it to compete and win and once the show is over they get back to 'normal'. if that tells you anything...

I have done it all and am a licensed sports nutritionist.
    Reach out if you need to talk.
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    if you can eat up to 3000 every Sunday, I dont see why there is an issue the other 6 days of the week? That doesnt make any sense even if you do have and ED. If you can manage one day out of the week to go way over then its not impossible to get up to your calorie limit every other day.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    l911jnt wrote: »
    if you can eat up to 3000 every Sunday, I dont see why there is an issue the other 6 days of the week? That doesnt make any sense even if you do have and ED. If you can manage one day out of the week to go way over then its not impossible to get up to your calorie limit every other day.

this. Sounds like your cutting everything but low calorie veggies or whatever out every day then finally adding yummy back on the last day and going crazy. Mix them in daily cut the cheat day out.
  • slim1156
    slim1156 Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you for sharing with me, I was ''anorexic'' 4 years ago, I'm 5'10 and was around 7 and a half stone, im exactly how you are.. I can't ever find a happy medium :( thank you I will go and see a doctor x

i'm going to add you as a friend and keep in touch to hear about your progress. anorexia is like alcoholism--you're never "cured', just in recovery. we have to work so much harder than others.