Sandy's OMAD Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Thanks so much ladies! I am officially a grandma. Beautiful and healthy baby girl, 8lbs. 1oz. My daughter-in-law had a c-section and neither she nor my son get paid time off for maternity, and my son works double shift. My daughter-in-law is strong, but I can't imagine trying to manage with no help after a c-section, so I'm flying out today give them a hand for a few weeks.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    <3 congrats! enjoy your visit with your son, daughter in law and granddaughter :)
  • wsandy8512
    Thank you, I sure will. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2017
    Congratulations and Welcome to the Grandma Club <3
  • wsandy8512
    Aww, thank you! I'm proud to be a member. :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Have a nice trip to see your grand baby! So exciting!
  • wsandy8512
    Thank you! :)
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @Shans34, yes ma'am I am. I was hoping to be 50 first before becoming a grandma, but my son is still rebellious at the ripe ole' age of 22! lolol My daughter-in-law's water broke this morning, she was only 4cm dilated so it's probably going to be a long day for them. I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it. :smiley:

@wsandy8512 congratulations sandy :love:
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Thanks so much ladies! I am officially a grandma. Beautiful and healthy baby girl, 8lbs. 1oz. My daughter-in-law had a c-section and neither she nor my son get paid time off for maternity, and my son works double shift. My daughter-in-law is strong, but I can't imagine trying to manage with no help after a c-section, so I'm flying out today give them a hand for a few weeks.

@wsandy8512 not getting paid off maternity is bad :(
    otherwise awesome news sandy... enjoy with your cute lil angel... :love:
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Congratulations :smiley:
  • wsandy8512
    Thank you both!

I agree about the maternity leave not being paid, such a bummer. So glad in an make it up. I must say though, I'm nearly burned out on traveling. When I get back, no more plane trips for like fifty years!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    That meal looks AWESOME! Congrats on the little one. I have one grandchild and they are fun! I hope to have few more.
  • wsandy8512
    Thank you and that meal truly was yum!
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Loving this Grandma role! I haven't held a newborn in so long that it felt awkward! Lol Aubrey is such a beautiful little girl. Already have had her do two poopers for Grandma, had her fall asleep on me, and enjoyed feeding her as well.

I am pooped though. My trip here was a nightmare that included long delays, an incompetent American Airline rep that caused me to miss two flights and left me stranded at Charlotte airport... overnight. The next day, thanks to her, my final destination ended up not 45 minutes from the kids, but three hours. My poor son had a six hour trip to get me and bring me back. I'm recovering now, but good gravy. I will never fly this airline again.

Anyway, I'll try to get back to regular logging soon. All I had during my two days of hell was a spicy chicken sandwich meal from Chick a filet, two cookies on one of three plane rides, and a breakfast burger meal from Applebees. Both meals came in way under 1500.

Have a great day all!
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Down another five pounds to 194, just over 30 pounds total now! I do not have laptop unpacked for the nice chart, but will after I have time. I bought an analog scale so I do not know he tenths. Anyway, I think it was a loss from the travel stress the past few days. I hope I keep it off. Lol
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    Loving this Grandma role! I haven't held a newborn in so long that it felt awkward! Lol Aubrey is such a beautiful little girl. Already have had her do two poopers for Grandma, had her fall asleep on me, and enjoyed feeding her as well.

I am pooped though. My trip here was a nightmare that included long delays, an incompetent American Airline rep that caused me to miss two flights and left me stranded at Charlotte airport... overnight. The next day, thanks to her, my final destination ended up not 45 minutes from the kids, but three hours. My poor son had a six hour trip to get me and bring me back. I'm recovering now, but good gravy. I will never fly this airline again.

Anyway, I'll try to get back to regular logging soon. All I had during my two days of hell was a spicy chicken sandwich meal from Chick a filet, two cookies on one of three plane rides, and a breakfast burger meal from Applebees. Both meals came in way under 1500.

Have a great day all!

@wsandy8512 great that you are having awesome... long delays n travel - they are over...
    I live in Charlotte, you could have stayed at my place... :smile: :wink:
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Down another five pounds to 194, just over 30 pounds total now! I do not have laptop unpacked for the nice chart, but will after I have time. I bought an analog scale so I do not know he tenths. Anyway, I think it was a loss from the travel stress the past few days. I hope I keep it off. Lol

Great work babe!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's Great :) Enjoy that granddaughter of yours <3
  • wsandy8512
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You are doing fantastic! Enjoy the newborn time, they grow fast! Smell her head for me! Weird I know! Lol