Tampa Bay FL - new MFP users

Hello everyone!

I am looking for users in the Tampa Bay Area that are new to MyFitnessPal. I am looking for people that are just starting their fitness journey, are looking for some motivation for getting back into shape, or starting their fitness journey for the first time. I am looking to make some new friends and really start to focus on my health and have people to keep me accountable. Let's share struggles, motivation and tips for staying on track. Feel free to post what you'd like! :)

Replies

• ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Hello from Town N Country area!
  • SmurfBunny3
    SmurfBunny3 Posts: 73 Member
    I'm not really new to MFP. I used this site successfully once, and now I'm back to try and get back on track. But I am north of Tampa in the Spring Hill/Brooksville area. :)
  • TeamMillerJCM
    TeamMillerJCM Posts: 5 Member
    New to MFP this week. Live in Lutz and work in Tampa. Lifelong distance runner and athlete that enjoys running and SCUBA diving BUT - Holy crap, Angioplasty on my 49th birthday narrowly averted an untimely death. Never had any issues with health either; good cholestoral, blood pressure, weight and all the other indicators. Found out grandfather and great grandfather died from heart disease and uncle had same procedure as me at exact same age - Damn you bad genes! Need to get back in shape after surgery and 2 and a 1/2 months of inactivity. Running hard and getting back in shape!
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm south of you in the Fort Myers area but feel free to add me, motivation comes from everywhere
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    I'm from Sarasota, born and raised, but I'm now living in Western New York as of less than a year ago. The snowbirds and retirees are making it more and more difficult for young people to raise families there :( So I partially count!
  • Blackwing1002
    Blackwing1002 Posts: 14 Member
    Bradenton reporting in! I've been at this for a few months but I've still got a ways to go. Good luck and stay strong!
  • kierasayshi
    kierasayshi Posts: 67 Member
    I live in Tampa! I'm looking to lose 40 to 50 lbs! I'm going add all of you!!!
  • iolaanne05
    iolaanne05 Posts: 14 Member
    Im in brandon!
  • Dc_United305
    Dc_United305 Posts: 128 Member
    Just moved from tampa in melbourne now
  • 1HugoG
    1HugoG Posts: 36 Member
    I live in Tampa! I'm looking to lose 40 to 50 lbs! I'm going add all of you!!!

I realize this post is old. I hope you met your goal.
    I am still on that same journey. I swim, walk-run and rollerblade. Bayshore, Causeway, Flatwoods, Clearwater, Dunedin, name it: I will travel to encourage and be encouraged.