DAY 1... 5 feet... 200 lbs... looking for motivation friends

Lady_lose
Lady_lose Posts: 9 Member
First time in here ... starting my journey today..

Who's with me?? Need all the motivation!! As I'm sure many of you have gone through this.. I am 35 years old and it's time to think about myself and so this for me.. I need to regain my life back.. wish me luck

Replies

• Jaaydejahme
    Jaaydejahme Posts: 11 Member
    I am starting tomorrow I have done this in past and had great success but over past year gained 25 pounds and am struggling to stay motivate to reach my goal.. I javelin about 50 lbs to loose and looking for friends for motivation
  • Lfrangieh830
    Lfrangieh830 Posts: 1 Member
    Also looking for friends to help me stay motivated! I'm a new mom and need to lose the baby weight plus some- initial goal is to lose 25 pounds and hopefully more from there. What is your diet and exercise plan?
  • Lady_lose
    Right now I'm am focusing on my diet .. 1200 calories a day.. goal weight 140 lbs.. so I have a long way to go
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    You're going to find...the hardest part is getting started. Once you get started, and feel the weight, and then SEE the weight dropping off its easier to stay motivated. The most important thing is to be honest to yourself, journal/weigh/.measure everything you eat. If you go over, you go over..but measure AND record it. Some friends will be accepting, some won't...make sure you concentrate on the ones that are supportive.

If you need to reach out for help, remember to make your journal public so others can see and offer advice.

• SEDICEMARLEN
    SEDICEMARLEN Posts: 6 Member
    Hi!!! I'm with you! I start tomorrow. I don't have my official weigh in until tomorrow am but I'm about 200# 5'4 and need to finally lose this weight. Had a little guy last year and dropped quite a bit after having him and then ballooned past my pre baby weight. My motivation is that we'll be trying for another one as soon as I get myself at a healthy weight. We can do this!!!
  • bassmaster86
    bassmaster86 Posts: 2 Member
    good for you on getting things together. Ive been at this for 25 days..with exercise and diet...down 12 pounds so anything is possible :)
  • sonyah2017
    sonyah2017 Posts: 1 Member
    I started yesterday, my biggest problem is the carbs... so need to find more low carb foods to keep me on track.
  • shelleymcd
    shelleymcd Posts: 4 Member
    Hi I'm new to this I started today I want to lose 70 pounds I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and in pain every day I know y weight is making this worse so time to get it off.
  • mimzymojo
    mimzymojo Posts: 2 Member
    I'm on Day 9 and lost 6.5 lbs so far. I have a lond way to go, but this app REALLY helps!
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    I am starting today too at 210lbs. I lost 25lbs 2 years ago using the app and slowly put it all back on. Starting again and need motivation friends too. Add me.
  • josephinelove1966
    josephinelove1966 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 68 and have been on WW but can't stick to it. Please help me get started and believe in myself.
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    I am 5 ft, started out at 190. Ive lost 28 lbs since January 12. Im at 161 now. I am on a 1200 calorie diet ( I am very short and sedentary with an desk job) but I am about to have gallbladder surgery and having regular attacks when I eat fat so some days I get 1200 and some days I dont lately. Its nearly impossible to cut fat completely out of your diet (what my doctor has instructed me to do until I have surgery). Its a process Ive learned. Some days are way over 1200 but the key is not giving up when you over eat, just start over in the morning. Im determined to take it off. It really motivates you when you can all the sudden wear and buy the clothes you use to wear and buy years ago. My biggest help during this has been that I use alot of healthy substitution for the bad foods and things that I enjoy. I couldnt do it without that. You would be surprised at what you learn to like when you are depriving yourself of the things you want lol. You can send me a request if you like.
  • Lady_lose
    Thank you so much for all your kind comments. I downloaded this last years ago but never used it. Woke up last week and find it hard to just bend over and put on my shoes :( I can't believe I allowed myself to get to this point. I have 2 small children and they need me to be able to run around and sit in the floor comfortably:( I will be looking at week per week and not the entire 65 lbs I have to loose because that makes me depressed .. my weight in will be every Monday .. I'm
    New and I don't even know how to add as a friend. I need help.. it's time I wake up and focus and finally do what I have always wanted to for years
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Hey I'm the same age! Good luck you got this!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'm just under 5 feet, and I started at 215 lb. I'm on track to hit my goal of 115 lb. this summer. I'm currently three pounds away! Feel free to add me if you want to chat with someone who's been there and done that :)
  • WingoG
    WingoG Posts: 4 Member
    Did you find it difficult to stick to the plan?