Strength Training Calories

If I understand this correctly this website does not give any credit for calories burned during strength training. Is it fair for me to find calories burned while doing various exercises and applying to that to my calories burned each day?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    You can find the exercise/lift under "cardio" and log it that way. It doesn't log calories burned because there is really not a great way to decipher calories burned during strength training, and in fact the calories burned are very very small. I've been lifting and dieting/tracking macros and calories for 3 years and have no logged my lifting once. It falls into my "lightly active" lifestyle.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Search for strength training under the cardio section to get a burn estimate
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    You can get calories credited if you select strength training in the cardio option
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    You can log the amount of time for "strength training" under the Cardiovascular section to get an estimate for Calories burned. You can use the Strength Training section to log sets, reps, and weights, but that section does not account for the amount of time or Calories burned.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    If you weight change is greater than you want, just adjust your caloric intake accordingly.