Any Vegans on here?

Options
MrsKate77
MrsKate77 Posts: 12 Member
Just restarting my journey and wondered if there are any fellow vegans on here?

Replies

• VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and about 70 - 80% vegan normally. Currently in maintenance as I've been on the road for 3 months. I logon daily... but alas no food log.
  • pamandjohn725
    pamandjohn725 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone have vegan/vegetarian sandwich ideas for lunch?
  • hjg0989
    hjg0989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If I am doing a really long, hard hike I will take an almond butter and honey or jelly sandwich. I noticed overseas they tend to eat "salad sandwiches" which is bread and condiments with salad ingredients.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Houmous sandwich with baby spinach and julienned carrots.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Some of my favorite sandwich components: Hummus, baked tofu/tempeh, seitan, chickpea salad, portobello mushrooms, almond/peanut/cashew butter, BBQ jackfruit, and nut pate.
  • pamandjohn725
    pamandjohn725 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies on sandwich ideas for lunch. I will definitely try them. I need a change from rice, beans, & vegs.
  • suryoyo85
    suryoyo85 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan in training ! :blush:
    Seriously need help on it ( diary aspect )
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    suryoyo85 wrote: »

Same. I'm still trying to find a substitution for 50 grams of protein a day (AKA chicken right now). I'd make the switch right now if anyone could help a bit.
  • MrsKate77
    Options

I absolutely love avocado salad sandwiches.. or on toast.. but to be fair I try to avoid bread as much as I can as it bloats me!!
  • MrsKate77
    Options
    And thanks for all your lovely replies too!! I've been vegan for a year, and I can honestly say I don't miss dairy or eggs at all now!!
    I used to eat a lot of dairy.. but alpro is an amazing brand ( in my opinion) I absolutely love the yogurts and ice cream!!
    I found a lovely vegan cheese from Tesco, which is my new favourite..
  • MrsKate77
    Options
    llsenich wrote: »
    MrsKate77 wrote: »

The vegans hang out in the Happy Herbivores group!

Where can I find Happy Herbivores group?

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »
    suryoyo85 wrote: »

Same. I'm still trying to find a substitution for 50 grams of protein a day (AKA chicken right now). I'd make the switch right now if anyone could help a bit.
    How many calories are the chicken portions you're trying to replace? Is 50g protein in addition to other protein sources in your diet, or your total goal for the day? Is there a calorie limit you're staying under?

Offhand, without proper research, 400g of tofu (450-ish calories?) would be 50g protein, but that would be a lot of tofu a day. I personally prefer to reach my own protein goal per day (63-93g) with a mix of sources, because I think it's safer from a nutritional point of view.

• ParadigmShifter
    ParadigmShifter Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Working on the vegan thing but a lot of foods don't agree with my biology.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan - and I'm so much happier but I do admit sometimes I struggle to eat enough calories. I mean huge veggie soups and currys (it's winter here in Australia!) don't have that much in them and there is a limit to how much bread, pasta and rice one can eat during a day... happy to gain new friends if anyone is looking :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Some of my favorite sandwich components: Hummus, baked tofu/tempeh, seitan, chickpea salad, portobello mushrooms, almond/peanut/cashew butter, BBQ jackfruit, and nut pate.

All of this. Also load the sandwich with veggies. My go to is protein mixed with a cup or two of mixed vegetables and whatever sauce I'm in the mood for.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    llsenich wrote: »

The vegans hang out in the Happy Herbivores group!

Where can I find Happy Herbivores group?

I found it! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

Just joined :smile: