OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Congrats on losing 40 pounds!!! :)
  • hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2017
    05/27 - 205.00 (OMAD Day 61) *0g Carbs* Well I am surely thankful that I have locked in at this 205 number and not spiked up like I have done in the past. I have now gone 3 full OMAD days (23/1) without an extended fast. I decided the other night that I will forgo the 40+ hour fasts until such time I stall at a number. Now seems like the perfect time and I feel I have enough reserves in the tank from the 3 days of eating to pull it off without any issues.

I filtered the chart below on 2 months/60 days in order to show the progress made just since I started utilizing OMAD in conjunction with occasional extended fasts. As you can see the results are really awesome at -22.6 lbs.

I had an internal milestone goal of being at 205.00 by the end of May and at the moment I have met that goal. This in itself is different from anytime in the past. Typically I would say I want to be at a certain number by a certain time however with one slip up along the way that schedule is shot. OMAD however is forgiving, I can literally right a wrong in the next 24 hours.
    8ozbqu1b55sp.jpg
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Congrats on the loss! You're doing a fantastic job!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Congratulations! I agree that its better to stay where you are rather than going up. You are very insightful in your posts, as in, you know what you are doing. I admire that about you :smile:
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    05/28 - 203.60 (OMAD Day 62) *0g Carbs* 48 HOUR FAST NEW LOW! Wow just wow, so thankful for this overnight loss and the way in which I have gone about it. This is always at the forefront of my thoughts and daily plans which I believe is making all the difference for me. I am planning out each day before the other and have several paths to take based on the results I am seeing. I am doing this with intention and not by chance.

By going into each morning with a plan for any scenario I don't ever let the results from the previous day get me too down. It becomes just a data point that I use to then plug into my scenario in order to tell me which path to take on this day.

Some might say it is too logical an approach for something that is filled with unknowns. I mean lets face it the body is a tricky thing and just when you think you got it figured out, well you don't, completely anyway.

My approach is more of a reaction or an alteration of my plans based on the results I see that morning. I would compare it to when a car starts to veer off the road, you take the steering wheel and you turn it back onto the road. That's the way I choose to look at it anyway and I am very grateful for the awesome results I have had to this point. Once again, thanks for all the support!
    1rxzbe2sf8c8.jpg
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Excellent!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Awesome!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Great work!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You'll be seeing Onederland soon :)
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    05/29 - 205.00 (OMAD Day 63) *9g Carbs* I expected a little give back today but was hoping to stay in the 204's. No worries as I am sure I will be tomorrow after a "go to" meal today. I had a really nice experience yesterday at a new place we had not eaten at before. The waiter recommended the pan fried brussels sprouts in bacon fat (usually not a big fan of them) but I added them anyway and they were actually pretty good. The steak was absolutely huge (probably 4 inches thick, no lie) and per usual I was not able to eat the entire thing. No worries as it will become part of today's meal :wink:

I was thinking the other day of the last time I was at this weight and what I had to go through to get to the number. I remember a daily restriction of about 800-1,000 calories coupled with 30-60 minutes on the treadmill every night. I can recall days that I missed a treadmill session almost always resulted in my body weight climbing back up. It was a terrible cycle to be in and certainly not sustainable.

Compare that to now where I have not spent so much as a single minute on a treadmill. I have not lifted a single weight (though I am eager to get back in the gym). This tells me that I can sustain my weight by combining OMAD with periodic extended fasts. That is a game changer for sure!
    apxgor94pv1v.jpg
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    I love that your reflections focus on gratitude and a positive intention. It's unlike most things I read during the day. Thank you for sharing your journey. It's inspiring in more ways than you know. Congratulations on your success!
  • hjstewart40
    I love that your reflections focus on gratitude and a positive intention. It's unlike most things I read during the day. Thank you for sharing your journey. It's inspiring in more ways than you know.
    Well that may have just made my week :blush:

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I love that your reflections focus on gratitude and a positive intention. It's unlike most things I read during the day. Thank you for sharing your journey. It's inspiring in more ways than you know. Congratulations on your success!

I agree... Love the positivity and your upbeat attitude never ceases to make me smile!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    How many cals you consuming a day now?
  • hjstewart40
    05/30 - 204.60 (OMAD Day 64) *0g Carbs* This is about what I expected as now I am starting to attack and take out the low base of 203.60. From what I see historically the process is as follows:

STEP 1: My progress downward stalls out at a round number (205 most recently)
    STEP 2: I am then able to break & hit a new low in a big way after a 48 hour extended fast
    STEP 3: The fast is broken with a larger than normal meal (>1,500)
    STEP 4: This results in a bounce up on the next day check in of +1.00 to +1.60 lbs
    STEP 5: The next 2-3 days (depending on daily results) consist of "go to meals" (< 1,200)
    STEP 6: This results in near post fasting day weigh in, (usually within .20-.60 of new low.
    STEP 7: This low base is then taken out by the next 48 hour fast.
    STEP 8: Rinse and repeat as they say.

I like this methodical approach to interpreting the morning numbers. I know a lot of people do not like to weigh each day but I have my entire life, and when I haven't, well that's what got me to 245 in the first place. I just like having real feedback to make my adjustments before things get out of control. I have taken this to a new level this time around and I am grateful for that. It's easy to look at a number and let it ruin your day but if you can get in the mind set that it is just a data point to be used to plan your upcoming day then it can be very valuable to you.
    lxq8gsdh8yyt.jpg
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »
    How many cals you consuming a day now?

I outlined my full plan above :smile:
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    05/30 - 204.60 (OMAD Day 64) *0g Carbs* This is about what I expected as now I am starting to attack and take out the low base of 203.60. From what I see historically the process is as follows:

STEP 1: My progress downward stalls out at a round number (205 most recently)
    STEP 2: I am then able to break & hit a new low in a big way after a 48 hour extended fast
    STEP 3: The fast is broken with a larger than normal meal (>1,500)
    STEP 4: This results in a bounce up on the next day check in of +1.00 to +1.60 lbs
    STEP 5: The next 2-3 days (depending on daily results) consist of "go to meals" (< 1,200)
    STEP 6: This results in near post fasting day weigh in, (usually within .20-.60 of new low.
    STEP 7: This low base is then taken out by the next 48 hour fast.
    STEP 8: Rinse and repeat as they say.

I like this methodical approach to interpreting the morning numbers. I know a lot of people do not like to weigh each day but I have my entire life, and when I haven't, well that's what got me to 245 in the first place. I just like having real feedback to make my adjustments before things get out of control. I have taken this to a new level this time around and I am grateful for that. It's easy to look at a number and let it ruin your day but if you can get in the mind set that it is just a data point to be used to plan your upcoming day then it can be very valuable to you.
    lxq8gsdh8yyt.jpg

This is where I miss my digital scale... The one I have til I move and unpack is manual so not as specific hence only weighing in on Wednesday at the moment... We have a Dr's in my work building and they are kind enough to let me pop in and use their scale weds mornings
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2017
    I weigh everyday, but only report officially on Fridays. I'm not low carb, I'm pretty balanced though carbs are typically 150 or below. It's not on purpose, I just get them mostly from fruits and seeds and such.

Still, you are doing what you feel needs to be done and that's cool. I've had gains before my Friday weigh-ins, but they are always gone by then. I don't fast outside of my normal OMAD fasting time of 23 hours and my meal is usually between 10am and 2pm. I attribute my gains to water weight or too much salt. :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I weigh every day too! I love the data and also like to interpret the morning numbers. Would like to try a longer fast one day like you are doing, just haven't managed to get up the courage to try it yet.
  • hjstewart40
    edited May 2017
    05/31 - 204.00 (OMAD Day 65) 0g Carbs This is a little better than what I expected and still on target to take out the low of 203.60 tomorrow. I had planned on a full 40+ hour fast today but with the numbers looking as good as they are (-.60 overnight loss) I might just delay that for one more day. I have to travel about 5 hours today so things might be a little dicey anyway. Still so very happy with these results and knowing that the plan I put in place makes sense and is effective even 60+ days in. As I noted yesterday It is somewhat even predictable at this point. The critical part is to not get impatient and do continue to tweak and adjust as I go according to how my body responds to the previous day.

On a non number significant event I was able to comfortably get into a size medium shirt for the first time in a very long time. The shirt is actually my son's from high school. Not only was I able to button it I actually am wearing it now as it is that comfortable. In addition, for the past week I have moved my belt up to notch number #4. I had stated in the past that I could pull the belt into #4 but it was not comfortable to wear that way. Now I am comfortably wearing notch #4 all day with no discomfort at all. In fact I am eyeing notch #5.

Just more and more data points that tells me stored fat that had been pent up for all these years continues to leave my body like butter to a hot flame!
    o8n8aqptghe3.jpg