Any Vegans on here?

Replies

• doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm vegan, not by choice, but because of an allergy. I'm going to start tracking my food on here. Anyone who wants to follow me, I will keep my diary open. Have you seen the Beyond Meat burgers at Whole Foods? I'm going to try them!
  • redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    I have an open diary and always open to friend requests from others if people are curious what I eat :smile:
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Me! Vegetarian since 1985 and vegan off and on the past 5 years. Im soy-free due to a soy allergy and try hard to eat as whole and healthy as possible.
  • hilarytwilary
    hilarytwilary Posts: 17 Member
    Anyone have vegan/vegetarian sandwich ideas for lunch?

Chickpea salad sandwiches! Sooo good. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16715/vegetarian-chickpea-sandwich-filling/ (use vegan mayo)

Leftover roasted/grilled veggies plus hummus on a sandwich is quick and easy

Breakfast sandwiches with fried tofu, rice paper bacon, and tomato are great if you have a bit more time
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »
    suryoyo85 wrote: »
    I'm a vegan in training ! :blush:
    Seriously need help on it ( diary aspect )

Same. I'm still trying to find a substitution for 50 grams of protein a day (AKA chicken right now). I'd make the switch right now if anyone could help a bit.

@GoldenEye_ Quorn naked chik'n cutlets are nutritionally pretty similar to chicken -- including in terms of protein/calories. http://www.quorn.us/food/vegan/vegan-chikn-cutlets/
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited May 2017
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »
    suryoyo85 wrote: »
    I'm a vegan in training ! :blush:
    Seriously need help on it ( diary aspect )

Same. I'm still trying to find a substitution for 50 grams of protein a day (AKA chicken right now). I'd make the switch right now if anyone could help a bit.

@GoldenEye_ Quorn naked chik'n cutlets are nutritionally pretty similar to chicken -- including in terms of protein/calories. http://www.quorn.us/food/vegan/vegan-chikn-cutlets/

Hey, thanks! I did make the switch to veganism by now by adding more soy products and red lentils to my diet. I'm not that fond of the taste of chicken (it was purely nutritional need), so I don't think I'll be adding meat replacements any time soon, but I guess it's always good to have some good ones ready if you need them!

Went to a japanese restaurant tonight. They really know their tofu and vegetable recipes. I would be a happy person if I could just eat miso soup every night <3
  • zdawson
    zdawson Posts: 3 Member
    Vegan here also. Been at that for quite a while. Always happy to help.
    llsenich wrote: »
    MrsKate77 wrote: »
    Just restarting my journey and wondered if there are any fellow vegans on here?

The vegans hang out in the Happy Herbivores group!

Thanks for this!
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Im vegan. You can add me and my diary is open. Always happy to chat
  • mandy082385
    mandy082385 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all!

Back on MFP after a while away. Looking to lose weight and I think going vegan would help a lot.

I've been vegetarian for most of my life. However, I'm now pescatarian. I certainly don't eat enough fish to rely on it for protein, though. Im also trying to cut out dairy, but I still do whey protein and yogurt here and there.

I'm looking to creep on other vegan's diaries to get ideas! If that's ok with anyone :)

Amanda
  • amandamonsterrr
    amandamonsterrr Posts: 37 Member
    Vegan of about 6ish years here! Would love some friends
  • hhvv77
    hhvv77 Posts: 5 Member
    I've been vegan for about 4 and a half years. I've been a pretty lazy one when it comes to cooking so have been trying to find healthy vegan recipes lately!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,127 Member
    I've been vegan now for over 5 years. Feel free to send me a friend request :)
  • kazmilo99
    kazmilo99 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm WFPB Vegan and love this lifestyle :D
  • a_desert_rose2007
    a_desert_rose2007 Posts: 2 Member
    My vegan sandwich: shredded carrots & beets, hummus or tofutti (depends on what I have on hand), romaine lettuce, tomato, avocado, red onion, alfalfa sprouts, thin cucumber slices.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    *raises hand*

I've been vegetarian for 11 years, experiemented with being pescatarian, vegan and raw during that time.

I'm so happy to be back to vegan again :)
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    edited June 2017
    Vegan-leaning vegetarian for 27 years, here. adesertros' sandwich sounds great! I've been dabbling in homemade corn tortillas--so far haven't gotten refried bean/white onion/lettuce/tomato filling with taco sauce out of my system, but I plan to try a dill potato filling soon and a kale chickpea mash recipe I love from Vegsource. The tortillas are only around 50 calories each when you make them at home on a dry pan.
  • neuronutrition
    neuronutrition Posts: 9 Member
    New full-time vegan here! Have been slowly transitioning from being about 70 percent vegan to 100 percent over the last few months and have never felt better! Add me if you'd like - the more plant-based friends the merrier!
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    kymi95bg2cet.jpg
    not really vegan but do you accept friends who eat things like yogurt with like in it?
  • lilyflor
    lilyflor Posts: 123 Member
    Yes! Vegan for over 6 years! I'm stating my weight loss journey over and will love new friends! Specially with open diaries. My own diary is a mess now but I am working on making it better. I am at the lower end of the calories. I do eat a lot of raw fruit and veggies. I am trying to adjust and figuring out my meal prep. Plan is to lose about 10 pounds for the end of July. I also will log in everyday! Let's help each other keep accountable and motivated
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    i mean milk