Tracey's OMAD Journey

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Hello and Happy Memorial Day to all,

Here is my meal of the day photo. I ended up eating around 5:00pm so I was just an hour ahead of my normal eating time.

qw8ii109ac9b.jpg

- Tracey
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yummy Ribs!!! :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hello and Happy Memorial Day to all,

Here is my meal of the day photo. I ended up eating around 5:00pm so I was just an hour ahead of my normal eating time.

qw8ii109ac9b.jpg

- Tracey

Nom Nom Nom Nom those holiday meals are another great reason to omad... No eating "diet food" while everyone else eats goodies lol
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Look at those ribs! Mmmm, mmmm!!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I am thinking that my splurge days might just be Saturday evenings and rather than just one or two hours window for eating, I might make it four or five so I can have a few drinks and not feel guilty... I agree about derailing success - it is SO easy to just undo a whole week's work in one day.
  • tlblanksfit
    Hello everyone,

I will definitely be keeping the type of meal for holidays. Here is my meal of the day.
    oqqd0oe5eea5.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    Yum!!!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    That looks fantastic.
  • tlblanksfit
    I was up a pound this morning after yesterday's Memorial Day meal. I overdid it on the carbs and I know that carbs are not my friend. OMAD is helping me to better control the amount of carbs that I eat, but I know I still have to do better regarding them.

-Tracey
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Fantastic looking meal. 3-days back on OMAD will undo a splurge day. Good luck.
  • wsandy8512
    I see nothing but protein and lots of good food on your plate. I don't see junk carbs. You're probably just retaining water from salt. That almost always happens to me, especially if I'm not the one who makes the food. Do you plug your food into MFP food diary? If so, what did your salt intake look like?

I often and up at some points during the week and all balances itself by my official weigh-in. I know for a fact that unless I eat out, like I've done quite a bit for the past couple of weeks due to traveling, I eat a very healthy diet. It's why I don't start axing any food groups when I see gains.
  • tlblanksfit
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I see nothing but protein and lots of good food on your plate. I don't see junk carbs. You're probably just retaining water from salt. That almost always happens to me, especially if I'm not the one who makes the food. Do you plug your food into MFP food diary? If so, what did your salt intake look like?

I often and up at some points during the week and all balances itself by my official weigh-in. I know for a fact that unless I eat out, like I've done quite a bit for the past couple of weeks due to traveling, I eat a very healthy diet. It's why I don't start axing any food groups when I see gains.

I was referring to Monday's (Memorial Day) meal with the macaroni and cheese, potato salad, and baked beans which are all high carb foods. I should have gotten smaller portions of those items.

Since going OMAD I have been trying not to eliminate food groups but it is hard when you see the gains on the days where you've eaten more carbs. It just makes you want to say the heck with carbs, but I know there is a balance and I am going to see how it goes with half servings of the higher carbs before going too low on the carbs. I did keto for a while and I know it worked for me, but I still had a desire for some carbs so I figured OMAD would give me the leeway to eat carbs and still meet my goals. I just have to watch the serving sizes. My portion plate helps with that. I forgot to take my plate with me to the BBQ and I kind of went overboard a tad.

Posting pictures of my meals also helps me avoid making bad choices so I will continue with that. My goal for June is to get into the 150's. I am currently at 169.8 so I will see how it goes and make tweaks along the way.

- Tracey
  • tlblanksfit
    Hello Everyone,

Today was a pretty good day. I was down 0.8 this morning so I lost more than half of the 1.2 pound gain from yesterday. Tomorrow is 1 June so I plan on going more strict with my carbs near keto levels. We are going on vacation the end of July and I hope to be at goal or knocking on it's door.

Here is my OMAD meal for the day.

s7xg2nv1qamv.jpg

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Very classy meals you have!

Don't worry; you will continue to ride along downward and will enjoy the control you now are able to wield.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Very nice meal! Looks great.
  • wsandy8512
    **Note to self: Do not view Tracey's journal until you've had your meal first!!!!!!!!

That said, well done on the overnight loss!
  • tlblanksfit
    Thanks everyone,

No losses or gains this morning. :/ I am looking forward to June as it is my Anniversary month <3 (celebrating 17 years of marriage to my wonderful husband on June 7th). I am looking to make great strides in my weight loss this month and am encouraged all around. Welcome to June everyone. Success wishes to all. We can do this!

Stay tuned later on for my meal of the day photo.

- Tracey
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Its ok that you didnt lose yesterday, you can weigh every day but dont get discouraged and just wait until the end of a full week to see your average...Congrats on 17 years :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Oh that salad looks so good... I LOVE a great salad...
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Good evening everyone,

I was very hungry at work today. I rode it out and stayed to my meal time, but I was really really hungry. I was thinking that I haven't been eating enough. Below is my meal of the day. I ate nearly an hour later than my normal time because it took me longer to fix the pizza than I anticipated. We went to the movies tonight and I ate some of my husband's nachos and I am now drinking coffee with 2 TBS of heavy whipping cream and 1 TBS of MCT oil hoping that this will keep me from being as hungry tomorrow.

p011l6rl70si.jpg
    Salad and Chicken crust pizza with Alfredo sauce, mozzarella, spinach, bacon and tomatoes

_ Tracey