Body-positive motivation buddies

I am looking for some buddies who can share body-positive motivation, meaning that we are making changes in our life style so we can be healthier, live longer and enjoy being and moving in our bodies. I want to shed a few pounds and improve my cardio health so that I am in good fitness to start having a family. Having worked through a mild eating disorder, I am trying to reinforce healthy life style choices without going down the rabbit hole of body-shaming, self-hatred or self-harm. I am looking for folks who are interested in providing motivation and who are committed to maintaining a healthy relationship with their body and food. I am trying to focus on health and how I feel, rather than a number on the scale. Who's with me?

Replies

• ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    YASSSS!!! Body-posi girl here. Anyone can add me. :)
  • sara_nikko
    sara_nikko Posts: 20 Member
    Yes!! Feel free to add me.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    I love this idea! Count me in :)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,639 Member
    I've always had an inflated opinion of myself
  • jennyhart200
    jennyhart200 Posts: 692 Member
    You can add me as well!
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    You can add me.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    It's so important to be body positive! It can be such a struggle in today's society! I've been working hard to love myself and not compare myself to others. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Zenlady46
    Zenlady46 Posts: 20 Member
    Count me in,add me :)
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Feel free to add me.
  • pommid
    pommid Posts: 7 Member
    Ay. Anyone can add me too.
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Sounds great! I'm all about getting and staying healthy. Feel free to add me.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Dug this one out of the archives, but I'm all about body love if anyone wants to be my buddy! :)
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Amen! It is not about a number but loving my body and being kind to it.
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    SO true! I used to use negative self talk to power through workouts but what a difference it made when I turned it around. Love the quote 'Your body hears everything your mind says'.
  • Mystical_Mari
    Mystical_Mari Posts: 13 Member
    Would love to get in on this! Body shaming is no good. We have to love ourselves during every step of our journeys in life. Feel free to add me.