Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    0twslb7xvug0.jpg

Welp here was dinner last night! I ate appx half of it - It's a cauliflower crust with basil pesto, fresh mozz, mushrooms, spinach, artichokes, and grilled chicken. The crust was not as good as usual because I had a ROUGH ROUGH day and got a little lazy in the squeezing out of the liquid...other than that it was SUPER tasty. Again because of the rough day I also neglected to weigh everything in it's entirety so I had to estimate, but I wayyyyyyyyyyy overestimated just to be on the safe side, which put me a little over for the day "on paper" but that's ok - it is what it is.

How if I can just make a decision on my fasting schedule for next week (after tonight's dinner, that one is staying LOL) we'll be rockin' and rollin'!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That looks sooo yummy :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    That looks sooo yummy :p

Thanks Brenda! It was, in fact, delish :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    That looks so freaking good! So glad I've eaten already so I won't lick my phone. You and Tracey, I swear. Lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    That looks so freaking good! So glad I've eaten already so I won't lick my phone. You and Tracey, I swear. Lol

I love food too much not to photograph it! HAHAHAHA - my mother laughs at me every time! :P
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Lol. My husband teases me. I tell him it's solely for the purpose of tracking with pictures and I don't share them on instagram or FB, just with my weight loss peeps! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Looks soooo good - mouth watering... It's only 8am here - I have AGES to go before I can eat anything... :-(
  • mistymeadows2005
    Here's my OMAD from last night - one of my go-tos, lettuce tacos....BUT I tried a new fancy lettuce...it's a relative of butter lettuce. Kind of tastes like a cross between butter lettuce and boston lettuce. Quite enjoyable and good for wrapping TACOS!!! LOL - I will definitely buy again!
    wabbma6lakca.jpg

I think I've decided we're going to do a 72 hour fast Mon/Tuesday, see how the scale reacts, and as long as it goes well next week we'll try a Sun-Tuesday fast. I'll keep y'all updated as usual.

Happy Friday! TTFN!

• wsandy8512
    Looks so good!!! Yum, yum!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Looks so good!!! Yum, yum!!

Thanks! Forgot to add I also had 1 cup of sugar free reduced fat blue bunny Bunny Tracks Ice Cream!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    that looks so good.
    I've been seeing so many lettuce taco pictures, it's such a good idea.
    I love tacos but have not had any since doing OMAD, but I miss them.
    But the lettuce shell is a great idea, I'm doing it this weekend and can't wait.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited June 2017
    jvcinv wrote: »
    that looks so good.
    I've been seeing so many lettuce taco pictures, it's such a good idea.
    I love tacos but have not had any since doing OMAD, but I miss them.
    But the lettuce shell is a great idea, I'm doing it this weekend and can't wait.

The key is a combo of:
    a - the lettuce shell (which works amazing and let's me eat TONS OF MELTY CHEESE AND LOTSA "taco meat")
    b - The taco meat I use is LEGIT - it's half quinoa and half 80/20 ground beef. Cook the quinoa about 3/4 of the way, add taco seasoning and pull off the heat. Cook equal parts of ground beef til about 3/4 done - DO NOT DRAIN. Add taco seasoning...add the parcooked quinoa and finish them together. The quinoa will soak up the extra beef fat and make it yummy and unctious. Plus makes the quinoa taste just like beef. It saves MONEY, add protein and more fiber, plus quinoa is VERY high is essential amino acids. Not only all that goodness BUT it also tastes WAY BETTER than any other taco meat I've ever had...I've been doing this for about 5 years and will never go back to regular taco meat. 1 cup of this meat mixture is 603 cals, 37 grams of fat and 20 carbs.

I usually do 1.5 cup of meat mixture, layer it with 3-4 oz of cheddar and throw some jalepenos, onions, tomatoes, whatever on top and pop that puppy in the toaster over. Spoon into lettuce as you go and DEVOUR! :)
  • jvcinv
    Okay I'll give that a try, sounds easy enough.
    I'm even going to make my own taco seasoning.
  • mistymeadows2005
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Okay I'll give that a try, sounds easy enough.
    I'm even going to make my own taco seasoning.

Now you're gettin' crazyyyyy! :P
  • jvcinv

Now you're gettin' crazyyyyy! :P
    No doubt about it.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Sounds interesting!
  • mistymeadows2005
    aajrtp80t876.jpg

Hi guys! Hope y'all had a great weekend! Above is my Friday OMAD - 1/3 lb "Juicy Lucy" burger (just a burger stuffed with cheese), on a pretzel bun with lettuce onion and some queso cheese for DIPPING! (Get it? Pretzels and queso? I thought I was clever lmao).

Sat and Sunday were a little rough - I had lettuce tacos both days but grazed a little bit, which I normally don't do. Also had a few drinks with the sister, so I'm sure that didn't help my fat burning. I'm on to a 72 hour fast currently...might make it 96 depending on how the Weds weigh in goes and how I'm feeling. I don't think it'd be that hard to add one more day but we'll see.

I won't have any fun pictures for a few days but hopefully my weight loss has caught up and we'll be at 191! That's the goal! That would put me at an even 20 pounds lost. Stay tuned, and ciao for now!
  • wsandy8512
    Meal looks fantastic and best to you on your fast :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited June 2017
    Those tacos look amazing!

Hope the fast goes well - 20 pounds lost is such a great accomplishment!

I'd love to see 191 by Friday's weigh in too, but that might be a bit ambitious as I'm currently sitting at 193.2 - stranger things have happened though!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    :D