The Choice of Becoming Healthy.

Hello! My name is Love Sick, and I'm new to the myfitnesspal community. I decided to go on here because I kind of want to be healthier this summer. The thing that got me into the thought of this is because of a new pet. Now I live with my dad and 3 other pets but he takes care of them mainly. I just play or irritate them. Now I have almost full responsibility of taking care of my pet and I want to keep her healthy, not too skinny, not too fat, but the thing is, I'm quite unhealthy myself.

I'm obsese. and I have Binge Eating Disorder. I got it at October, 2015. How I got it is that I had EDNOS before that. Which is basically the habits of anorexia but I was technically obese. So it's not anorexia unless I was actually thin or underweight.

Ever since then it's binge eating disorder. I want to change it though. If I want to keep my pet healthy, why can't I be too? Think about it. You see a healthy child, and then a fat mom. The fat mom can make sure her kid is healthy, but not herself. Pretty weird right? I never knew that can change my way of thinking. I thought having a pet is taking care of it and communicating with it for 20+ years is all, but you never think how they can change your thinking too.

I'm 5 ft 235 lbs. Pretty fat I know, I want my ideal weight to be 160 lbs, but the biggest goal is to be and look healthy. I run out of breath running up the stairs, I have high blood pressure, I don't like that about me. I honestly don't really care about how people judge me of how chubby I am. It's just that it's more of a me thing. I want to be healthy for once, and not binge or starve myself. I want to know what it's like to be healthy, and be fit, and hopefully I will do that. It's going to be hard, but I can do it.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Do you have a therapist you're seeing for BED?
  • christinecameron901
    christinecameron901 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi,I am new on here. I am 4" 11 and I know how hard it is too keep the weight off,especially being petite.Hope you are having a nice day
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Wanting to change is the first step towards changing! Good luck in your journey towards health.
  • AshFace22
    AshFace22 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2017
    There's a lot of things to address really, but being healthy should be the overall goal and if you're determined, then it CAN be achieved! It takes guts, willpower and strong determination. Patience is key, it's not going to happen overnight and it will require you to get out of your comfort zone. Being healthy doesn't mean you starve, there are lots of clean eating habits in which you can seriously load your plate up with Veggies, protein, fruit and yogurt and be full. It's the giving up junk food and bad eating habits that become the issues. But give yourself patience and push yourself a little more each day, you will accomplish your goals. Good luck and Godspeed. :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

Used to but not anymore because I thought therapy wasn't really helping me. and it's not just BED too, it's mainly problems I had in 2015, and so much other stuff I never told her because I'm afraid of her telling my dad or sending me to the hospital. Because therapists sometimes have to tell someone on certain things, so I felt like I couldn't trust her.

They do have an obligation to report it if you are talking about killing yourself. If you are self harming or having suicidal thoughts it's an even bigger reason to be in therapy. Seeking help is important.

I am a binge eater and working with a professional has done wonders for me. I also have depression and anxiety. I seek professional help for them as well. You can get your body in shape without help, but you'll go back to your old ways if you don't address the issues and put your mind right.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member

Used to but not anymore because I thought therapy wasn't really helping me. and it's not just BED too, it's mainly problems I had in 2015, and so much other stuff I never told her because I'm afraid of her telling my dad or sending me to the hospital. Because therapists sometimes have to tell someone on certain things, so I felt like I couldn't trust her.
    Wanting to change is the first step towards changing! Good luck in your journey towards health.

Thank you! I appreciate it.
    AshFace22 wrote: »
    There's a lot of things to address really, but being healthy should be the overall goal and if you're determined, then it CAN be achieved! It takes guts, willpower and strong determination. Patience is key, it's not going to happen overnight and it will require you to get out of your comfort zone. Being healthy doesn't mean you starve, there are lots of clean eating habits in which you can seriously load your plate up with Veggies, protein, fruit and yogurt and be full. It's the giving up junk food and bad eating habits that become the issues. But give yourself patience and push yourself a little more each day, you will accomplish your goals. Good luck and Godspeed. :)

I want to go slow and gentle on myself at the start of the journey. It's been so long since I really started to make myself lose weight and it's the first time I tried doing it the right way. So it actually is new to me. Like I want to get most of my diet fixed first before exercising and finding what I want to do. But I'm also going slow, right now I am focused on tracking my food in my diary. Calories, sodium, grams, etc. I never saw before. I used to think calories and that's it but it's not. Right now, the challenge is to find other ways I can eat my favorite food without it being too unhealthy. Plus, I'm being careful of my ED. I still have BED that wants to eat everything, and EDNOS saying I need to eat less and *kitten*. So mentally it's also controlling and fighting those eating disorders.

It sounds like you're going in with a good attitude. What I like to do is to spend a week tracking everything without trying to change anything - just do your normal activities and eat your normal food - and then you can look at it and get a clearer picture of where you are now and what changes to make.

Keeping your focus on health should help you avoid extremes - although it's possible to have eating disorders which are about obsessively trying to eat healthy! If you have someone in your life you can trust enough to discuss each step of what you want to do, it might be good to check in with someone on your proposed diet and exercise plans. Just to keep you grounded.