20-Day Sugar Free Challenge - June

Replies

• marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    @wellnesschaser @shaniks75 thank you! Here is a picture. And you guys would be so proud of me I got yogurt w fruit instead of ice cream yesterday.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    I've been craving Diet Coke today, strange. Well no sugar and passed on drinking again. Lemon water...

@shaniks75 way to go! @Kerryatoon good job w your carbs @marieschneider1097 you have a beautiful family! I can't believe thats your daughter. I thought you were 22 from your profile pic lol. My girl is a freshman in the fall.

Hey Everyone, I just recommitted to actually creating the healthy habits I need to do to lose weight. I know that cutting out added sugar and artificial sweetener is part of that. I seem to crave Coke Zero like nobodies business!
    Day with no sugar/sweetner:
    Welcome!
  • Tyson88Rosen
    Tyson88Rosen Posts: 7 Member
    I stopped having sugar cold turkey and it was brutal for a while; started craving peanut butter like t was nobody's business. Haven't eaten processed sugar in about a year now. I feel a lot better.
  • Niki_Fitz
    @Tyson88Rosen - That's awesome, do you ever miss having sweets?
  • Tyson88Rosen
    Tyson88Rosen Posts: 7 Member
    @Tyson88Rosen - That's awesome, do you ever miss having sweets?

Definitely .. I could live off of chocolate chip cookies

Mainly went off sugars to prep for a show but now that the show is over I will probably have something every once in a while but in general, definitely fee better with less sugar intake
  • boomboom_laji
    boomboom_laji Posts: 16 Member
    I survived my first day with no coke zero/sugar. Woooo wooo!
  • goyangi_kitty
    goyangi_kitty Posts: 11 Member
    oh, wonderful to see this, its JUST what i need. is it too late, can i still join this challenge? i know its already june 5 / 6th...
  • Ladycatfield
    Ladycatfield Posts: 15 Member
    Can I play too? I need to cut anything that gives me a sweet tooth: dried fruit, fresh fruit, even some veggies like sweet peppers. So glad to see other people in the same place as me. Today has been day 1 :)
  • markhac8743
    markhac8743 Posts: 1 Member
    I am in. Been doing it for about a week now but it would be nice to have support. I am a three time cancer survivor, the last being breast cancer. Had a bilateral mastectomy and a year of chemo. I gained 120 pounds during treatment because of steroids. Trying to lose in preparation for reconstructive surgery. I want my life back!!
  • Girlyray_fit
    Girlyray_fit Posts: 3 Member
    Sorry for the lateness... are you including natural sugars? Like berries?
  • Niki_Fitz

Hi @goodgonereal. The challenge is at baseline cutting added sugars and artificial sweeteners. Some of us here are also limiting all sugars; we're a supportive group however you are trying to work with sugar.

Hi @clareatfield. I had to limit fruit last time around because of my sweet tooth but this month's challenge I don't feel I have to. Happy Day 1! @goyangi_kitty - do join us.

Anyone can jump in, see how far you can go.

@boomboom_laji - that's pretty big to make it through without coke, diet or otherwise I swear there is something else addictive there! Awesome job.

@markhac8743 Hi! So how are you feeling one week into sugar-free?

I'm happily rolling along but today want peanut butter badly, which has sugar. It's day 5, usually my hardest day, but besides that one craving all is well and I'm passing on my husband's sweetened cereals, so I feel good.
  • Girlyray_fit
    Girlyray_fit Posts: 3 Member
    @wellnesschaser Ahhh okay. Thank you so much for the clarification. That's so much better
  • Ladycatfield
    Ladycatfield Posts: 15 Member
    @wellnesschaser I have a great whole nut peanut butter that hasn't any sugar, if you can find one like that it might help?
  • Niki_Fitz
    @wellnesschaser I have a great whole nut peanut butter that hasn't any sugar, if you can find one like that it might help?
    That is a good idea. I'd likely eat less of it too!

@wellnesschaser Ahhh okay. Thank you so much for the clarification. That's so much better

I could not give up fruits and veggies! Limit fruit, maybe. But not if I don't have to!
  • B_Humble
    B_Humble Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in
  • lucyhall006
    lucyhall006 Posts: 10 Member

Hi @goodgonereal. The challenge is at baseline cutting added sugars and artificial sweeteners. Some of us here are also limiting all sugars; we're a supportive group however you are trying to work with sugar.

Hi @clareatfield. I had to limit fruit last time around because of my sweet tooth but this month's challenge I don't feel I have to. Happy Day 1! @goyangi_kitty - do join us.

@boomboom_laji - that's pretty big to make it through without coke, diet or otherwise I swear there is something else addictive there! Awesome job.

I'm happily rolling along but today want peanut butter badly, which has sugar. It's day 5, usually my hardest day, but besides that one craving all is well and I'm passing on my husband's sweetened cereals, so I feel good.

I'm in......started this week with swapping stardard tea with two sugars and milk for green tea of varying flavours!!
  • Niki_Fitz

I'm in......started this week with swapping stardard tea with two sugars and milk for green tea of varying flavours!!

Awesome.

I'm rolling along except screwed up yesterday by forgetting to bring food to work. All I had was Vega protein shake which has stevia. Set off my sweet tooth all day!

• Niki_Fitz
    @B_Humble - great!
  • hannamay16
    hannamay16 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    I am addicted to sugar!! I plan on stopping cold turkey Monday!! Good luck everyone!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    hehe i knw i had finished all the icecream in my home but still i am joining this today!!! it s never too late...
    No sugars from morning. Am planning to have just fruits and no sugar no sweetners no chocolates and definitely no icecreams.... am not a big fan of soda's so am good :wink: :wink: