• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You are so close! You'll be there soon :smile: As always, truly inspiring
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Nice to lose belt sizes!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    "Stored fat that had been pent up for all these years continues to leave my body like butter to a hot flame!"

I love this!!! :)
  • hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2017
    06/01 - 203.80 My (OMAD Day 66) 0g Carbs Things are starting to slow down again (as expected) moving back to within .20 of my latest low. What does that mean? Well it means it is time to shake things up with a 40+ hour fast today. I will be driving for about 5 hours and really planned on doing one yesterday but with the losses still being pretty significant I decided to delay a day. I have 4 full days of eating as reserves in my tank so this should be no problem at all.

So now we move into June or what I like to refer to as the month that I get re-introduced to One-Der-Land. Maybe not just re-introduced but lets say the rekindling of a very long and lifetime relationship AND where I kick the 200's to the curb never to be seen again. It will happen this month make no mistake about it. I ended up losing -8.60 lbs in the month, so it stands to reason this should happen sometime before the middle of the month.

Man, I can't say enough how thankful I am for coming across this way of life. The benefits go way beyond the numbers. I feel so much better. I have so much more confidence now. It just feels like every passing day the outer shell cracks a little more soon to reveal the person who has been locked away for nearly 3 decades.

P.S. I miss my spanish sardines. Now I will forever be spoiled as any other sardine just tastes like bait in comparison :neutral:
    268qddb9xaxj.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    -8.60 in a month is AWESOME, You got this!!! :)
  • blambo61
    You should be under 200 soon!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/02 - 202.20 (OMAD Day 67) *0g Carbs* 42 HOUR FAST * NEW LOW! Wow, even a bigger loss than I had projected. I''m wondering if that was due to me having 4 full days in between extended fasts. Something to take note of for future reference. Any way you slice it I am so thankful for this journey and the progress I have made, the lessons I have learned and the health I have gained from all of it.

This morning I will break my fast with a trip to Chic-Fil-A where I will order 4 of their breakfast burrito bowls (so looking forward to this). The last time I did this I held my fasting loss pretty well the next day. By breaking my fast in the morning instead of the regular 1:00 PM OMAD time, I feel like it gives me the entire day to digest the food and a full 24 hours before the next weigh in. Also it allows me to eat breakfast every once in a while which I really like.

Getting ever so close to that bar but I have to be careful not to put too much attention on it as there are bars under that which are more important. I'm not going to lie I look forward to the day when I can change the 2 to a 1 when saying my weight but I know I have much more work to do before I get to where I want to be. It's nice to know I have a plan that will get me there and MOST important ensure I stay there.
    zf8p755l6fuy.jpg
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    ooooooooo exciting. Just a little over 2 pounds and you'll come to onederland!! It's beautiful here!!! :)
  • blambo61

getting close
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yep, the waters are nice in Onederland! :p
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/03 - 202.00 (OMAD Day 68) *36g Carbs* NEW LOW! What a nice bonus to show a loss of any kind the day after an extended fast, so thankful for that. Typically I bounce from that loss and sometimes as much as +1.60 lbs. So what was the difference this time? Well this is now the second time I have followed up a 42 hour fast with a break in the AM by having 4 X Chick-Fil-A breakfast burrito bowls. The last time I did this I actually stayed the same the next day, this time a -.20 loss.

Compare that to when I go the full 48 hours and wait to break it at my regularly scheduled time and then do so with a huge steak. Not only am I consuming more in calories but by eating so late in the day I don't have as much time to recover in time for the next check in. Anyway, just a theory and may be over thinking it, but the bottom line is it is a data point now that has repeated itself so it seems valid to me.

I'm going to switch back to my normal time today at 1:00 PM and have a nice waffle house steak and eggs meal with my daughter. We will see if I am able to hold the losses after that. I have to say I had a bit of a struggle getting down the last bite or two from the breakfast burrito bowls. I knew I had to finish it off as I needed at least the 1,200 calories for the day. This will now be my official 42 hour breaking of the fast "Go To" meal.
    6aa6c52di2z1.jpg
  • blambo61
    You keep losing!
  • Brendalea69
    3 more till ONEDERLAND, KUTGW :)
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    "tastes like bait" I'm not going to ask how you know what bait tastes like! LOL!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/04 - 203.20 (OMAD Day 69) *35g Carbs* I expected a bounce today as I upped my calorie intake to closer to 1,800 calories consisting of 35g of carbs. I had planned on something closer to 1,200 on this day but my schedule got rerouted by wife so I adapted. That happens from time to time and I just adjust for it on the next day.

I think it is important to have a base plan on what the day should look like but be able to adjust a bit when circumstances dictate. In the past, with no plan I would find my self in a situation where things quickly snow balled out of control. This time is different as no matter what happens I know that the next day can easily be adjusted to compensate for any set backs.

Today I feel I have enough reserves in my tank to start another extended fast. Again this will probably come in at around 42 hours and will be broken with a breakfast meal. If things go as the have in previous fasts this should bring me into the 201's. I don't want to get ahead of myself but still nice to lay things out with intention.

Finally, thanks so much for everyone's support. In a bit of a selfish way I appreciate it as it is just one more motivator keeping me on the the path to success. I am very grateful for that.
    r16durg8bofe.jpg
  • hjstewart40
    06/05 - 201.20 (OMAD Day 70) *0g Carbs* 42 HOUR FAST NEW LOW! Very nice, very very nice. I am so grateful for this overnight loss and having the discipline enough to hold steady on my fast yesterday. From a hunger stand point it was not bad at all but socially I had a couple challenges that I muscled through and came out on top in the end. I am very happy with the results that followed. Once again I will be breaking my fast with a 4X from Chick-Fil-A this morning around 8:00 AM.

I saw my daughter for the first time in a couple weeks and she commented on how I have no belly at all. That was nice to hear as for 30+ years I had always had a little overhang. Not a big pot belly like my dad had for years but clearly not flat as it appears I am getting to now. I can definitely see a difference myself as I am losing fat in places where I never have before. I am a true believer that this is the real benefit of OMAD and periodic extended fasts in that it allows the body to dig deep into the stored fat reserves and pull from it where it normally would not.

Anyway, a nice start to the week and one step closer to that bar that has alluded me all these years. I look forward to the hand shake the pat on the back and then I will quickly move on down the line to focus on the next bar with as much vigor and energy as I have up to this point.
    xw7bnjgh212f.jpg
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    WOW! I'm so so so so happy for you! :)
    What is your goal weight?
  • hjstewart40
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    WOW! I'm so so so so happy for you! :)
    What is your goal weight?

Thanks so much. I'm want to be in a range of 170-185 depending on how I feel when I get there.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Wow congratulations! Really happy for you :)
  • blambo61
    How tall are you? You are doing great! Not having a belly is nice!