Yael452's Accountability Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I, too, weigh every day but only report weekly. There's almost always a gain or not budge day in every week, I've come to expect them and not get upset because all has come together by my official weigh-in day. I will never avoid the scale after getting to goal, it's not getting on that lead to me getting where I am. I would like to be like my hubby, he rarely weighs but when his clothes get tight, he tightens up on his diet and loses like 10pounds in a day and all is well--that may be an exaggeration, but he loses weight with the snap of a finger, it seems. Lol
  • Yael452
    Yael452 Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one!

So I know it's not my official weigh-in report, but I just reluctantly stepped on the scale after a (fasted) 10K run this afternoon and recorded my LOWEST weight in a *verrrry* long time, 158.9!

Of course I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt - yesterday was very busy and active, and I didn't get to graze pretty much at all. I only broke my fast at 7 P.M. because we were down in London for the evening chaperoning my younger sister and her friend to a "Shawn Mendes" concert at the O2 Arena. Once we'd left them at the gates, my dad and I had some bonding time and walked to the Tate Modern Art Gallery near London Bridge, and then ate at "Wagamamas", which is this cool, Asian fusion type restaurant.
    I had Pad Thai, which was pretty good! The best feeling though was that I could pretty much order whatever I wanted, including a drink (I usually just have water) because of OMAD. I also got to have some cake afterwards!
    Yesterday's exercise was a 1.25 mile run, and about 15,000 steps around London.
    I ended Saturday at about 1,300 calories, but I wasn't expecting my weight to be down this much! I'm not expecting my weight to be as low for my official weight report tomorrow, but as of today - I'm totally taking that!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I weigh everyday so I know what's going on, but I only log it weekly :)

Same here. I also log the lowest weight of the week since my weigh-in day may be right after I had to eat lunch with co-workers or something like that. I base this weeks low to last weeks low to get the net loss/gain for the week.
  • Yael452
    I think I'm finally getting into the swing of things!
    My weight this evening, post-run (and not fully fasted) was 160.7lb.

Weight at start (24/05/17) : 162.9

Sunday 4/06/17: 160.7 (-2.2lb)

That's 2.2lb in 12 days of OMAD.
    Now that I'm getting the hang of what works and what doesn't, I'm hoping I will see a more consistent weekly loss.

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Great job!
  • blambo61
    Nice on the run!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Oh I miss Wagamama! I used to go there all the time when I lived in the UK. There were a few in Brisbane (Aus) when I moved here but they all closed down 2 or 3 years ago, I was so sad!
  • Yael452
    edited June 2017
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Oh I miss Wagamama! I used to go there all the time when I lived in the UK. There were a few in Brisbane (Aus) when I moved here but they all closed down 2 or 3 years ago, I was so sad!

It was my first time there! Apparently my dad goes there all the time when he's in London. The Pad Thai was pretty good (although being the carb lover I am I could've done with more noodles than bean sprouts!). I definitely think I'd eat there again, Asian food is just so delicious! The service was great as well :smile:

We were there Friday night, and as it turns out, the Wagamama we went to (Bankside) was about 5 minutes from London Bridge and the Borough Market where Saturday night's terrorist attack took place. We walked along London Bridge, and through the market just before we decided to get some food. I feel very lucky we decided to go on Friday night and not Saturday!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Very fortunate indeed!

I used to have their moyashi soba soup with a ton of hot sauce added - my mouth is watering just thinking about it...

I actually make their salad dressing quite regularly, it's delicious.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Stay safe! Glad you're okay :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    How horrible those poor people :( Glad you weren't there o:)
  • Yael452
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Very fortunate indeed!

I used to have their moyashi soba soup with a ton of hot sauce added - my mouth is watering just thinking about it...

I actually make their salad dressing quite regularly, it's delicious.
    How horrible those poor people :( Glad you weren't there o:)
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Stay safe! Glad you're okay :)

Indeed! It's one of those things you reflect on after it's all happened.

The last few days have been fairly uneventful, and OMAD is becoming my natural pattern now. My weight seems to be hovering around 159 (fasted) and 160-something after I've eaten. If I can keep on a downward trend I will be very pleased!

As far as exercise goes, I do a "long" walk every other day (four miles) with a short run of 15-20 minutes, and on other days I do a longer run with a short walk. My aim is always to be 10,000 steps or over.

My older sister came by with my nephew today, and we were discussing how my mom has lost a little weight recently (she seems to be doing some kind of OMAD too, but we haven't spoken about it to each other) and my sister commented, "Well you've definitely lost weight!"
    Not going to lie! It was nice to see that someone has noticed something. Apart from the small scale trends, my face is looking slimmer and I look and feel less bloated.
  • blambo61
    Congrats! Keep up the good work. Is nice when people say something positive!
  • Yael452
    Another day, another OMAD ;)

My run was long today, 10 miles! I feel a bit "creaky", and I was SUPER hungry when I was done. So ready to chow down.
    Weight holding fast around 158.9 post-run. Hoping to move under 158 next week - that would be wonderful. Right now I'm just so glad my weight is moving at all, it's been such a long time since I've seen the numbers move.
  • blambo61
    Nice run! I'm just up to about 4-miles 3xweek. I hope to get to about 6 or seven.
  • Yael452
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Nice run! I'm just up to about 4-miles 3xweek. I hope to get to about 6 or seven.
    Awesome! Keep it up :) I am finding since I'm a little lighter running has already started to feel a bit easier. I cannot even fathom what it will be like when I've lost all the weight!

I don't do a "long run" like this every week; but I have recently returned to my old running club since I've moved closer, and we do a 2.5 mile warm up, followed by another run of 4/5 miles. I run from my house so that always adds some distance to the overall run too. I am glad I managed to run that far though, because I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and I won't have time to get out for a long run over the weekend.
    I find it difficult sometimes when I go to running club, because a few of the members will remember how much leaner and fast I used to be, and right now I am very far off that!
    The worst is when they don't even recognise me.....but that usually only happens with the older members, so I pretend it's an age thing ;)

• Yael452
    Today we went to Costco and my mom, younger brother and sister ate at the food court/cafe there. I declined to get food, but then my mom decided to get some "Jacket Potatoes" (baked potatoes to Americans I think?) with a topping to take home for dinner. I told her that though I don't want to eat now, I'd love to get one to take home for my dinner. Usually I don't partake in food "take-out" or food not cooked in our own kitchen, I've become so accustomed to depriving myself in odd ways because I'm worried about weight, even though I probably ate more calories without realising it anyway...
    This is the first time I've been able to actually enjoy the food I want without guilt, all I do now is change *when* I am going to eat, and stop when I am full and "time is up".
    So now I've got an awesome jacket potato with "baconnaise" topping waiting in the fridge to eat later, and I'm really looking forward to it!
    I almost got a less calorie-dense topping like tuna, but then I thought "NO. I will get the baconnaise because it looks and smells amazing, and once I'm done I will feel full, satisfied and not deprived. And damn it I'm going to enjoy every bite!" Haha :D
    As far as calories go, from the Googling I've done after that decision, it looks like the whole meal comes to about 850 calories, so yes, I can fit it in and possibly have a treat if I am still hungry - which I doubt I will be!
    Happy days!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm sure you'll enjoy that...Baconnaise Jacket Potatoes sounds super yummy :p
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    That's what I had today. A potato with bacon, cheese & sour cream. Yum! And some soup. :) Hope you enjoyed it!
  • blambo61
    How many miles/week running you getting in? What kind of pace are you running?