OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Replies

• hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    How tall are you? You are doing great! Not having a belly is nice!

5'9.5 to 5'10 depending on who you ask :wink:
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/06 - 201.40 (OMAD Day 71) *36g Carbs* Not too bad actually. My goal was to hold the progress made on the loss from the 42 hour extended fast and minimize the bounce the following day. I think we can say that has been accomplished. The last time I went through this cycle (after eating 4X) I actually netted an additional loss the next day. The difference here is this past fast resulted in a full 2.0 lb loss where the previous one was only 1.6 lbs. So again, about what I had hoped for.

Today I will break this 30 hour fast with my 0g carb "go to" meal at around 1;00 PM. This will consist of 6 ounces of Rib-eye, 4 eggs fried in 1 pad of butter, and a tin of sardines. Typically this results in further losses. By going with a smaller meal like the 4X over a big 1,800 calorie meal that I have eat sometimes it seems to control how much I give back from the extended fast. I am going on vacation soon so I want to be super focused with my schedule to see what I can do.
    ui9ow2cfzkw8.jpg

BONUS COVERAGE: I went ahead and planned out my fasting schedule for the next couple weeks and broke down the time I spend digesting food (typically 12 hours after completing the meal), the time I am truly in a fasted state, the times that I break my fast, and days that I won't consume any food on that day. This was really helpful to me in looking at the big picture and really just how long I spend in a fasted state. I have stretches that are really quite long (30+) before consuming my next meal.

hg8iwocdeine.pngzypfswcb47pu.png

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That is a great spreadsheet. It is good to have a visual of the time in the fasted state knowing you are actually burning through and melting away fat during these timeframes.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I like doing the spreadsheet thing too! Nice job. Do you find it hard to fast at the end of the day and go to bed hungry? Are you working out? If so when? I've kind of hit a plateau and am stuck at 210. I find it really hard to get below that. I'm working out in the mornings and am going to keep doing that and am considering eating my meal in the mornings but I'm still not sure about it. I may give it a try. That would mean I'm working out in the mornings in my longest fasted state which might make me bonk though. Maybe I can still recharge glycogen during the night possibly while sleeping and not using as much energy. Probably not.
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I like doing the spreadsheet thing too! Nice job. Do you find it hard to fast at the end of the day and go to bed hungry? Are you working out? If so when? I've kind of hit a plateau and am stuck at 210. I find it really hard to get below that. I'm working out in the mornings and am going to keep doing that and am considering eating my meal in the mornings but I'm still not sure about it. I may give it a try. That would mean I'm working out in the mornings in my longest fasted state which might make me bonk though. Maybe I can still recharge glycogen during the night possibly while sleeping and not using as much energy. Probably not.

Let me try to answer your questions:

1- do I find it hard at the end of the day?... To be very honest I believe the fact that I gave up sugar nearly 70 days ago now has resulted in me never having that strong hunger pains like I did when I was eating carbs. I know some people are not going to like to hear that but it really does make extended fasting bareable.

2- am I working out?... No not a minute on a treadmill or a single weight lifted. I refer to that as phase II of my program. I have an athletic background and at times have been a bit of a gym rat but I decided there was no need to try and build muscle with all this fat to lose. I am getting eager to get back to the gym but when I go back I will go back as the ripped guy not the barrel chested guy.

3- Regarding when to eat.. I played around with this a lot and my straight OMAD plan has me eating at around 1:00 which also helps to your other question about being hungry at bed time. I'm still pretty full at my bed time around 9:30.

4- Regarding plateaus.. that spreadsheet I believe is a "plateau buster" as it mixes things up so much there is no chance for your body to get into a rut or routine. Always mixing it up.
  • blambo61
    Thanks
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    I might as well try your plateau busting plan this month. It looks really promising. Looking forward to your updates :)
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/07 - 201.60 (OMAD Day 72) *0g Carbs* As I finish up my 2 feeding days heading into the already in progress 42 hour fast today I noticed that it really does not matter if I eat a bigger meal (<1,800 calories), or keep it closer to 1,200, as I do normally after breaking the fast, the end results are the same. In both cases I come back to being .20-.60 from my low after that fast. I would not have expected that and is a nice data point to keep in the back of my mind. Psychologically speaking it seems more significant as the bigger meal leads to a big bounce up the next day, but in both cases I settle back down to the same place heading into the next 42 hr fast.

This is Wednesday and as you can see from the spreadsheet this is a "No Eating Today" kind of day. I feel fine going in as again, you can see from the spreadsheet I am already in a fasted state since 2:00 AM this morning. These days are significant in that I end up in a fasted state for 30 hours before breaking my fast tomorrow morning. I believe it is on these days that I am able to dip deep into the fat reserves to release fat that my body normally would not have the time to tap into. I can see the results of this in where I am losing fat this time. It is noticeably different than in the past.

I don't anticipate any issues as I feel fine (energy wise) with what reserves I have in the tank today. I have been experiencing some cramping in the toes and bottom of my feet the last couple nights. I attribute that to not getting in the normal amount of Lite Salt into my meal. I don't use that for the 4X meals but will take it next time to sprinkle it on. I sprinkle that on everything, including the sardines. Sprinkle is not a good word to describe it as I literally cover every ounce of that plate liberally with Lite Salt. I find that is critical to my energy level and overall well being.

Thought of The Day - "Ask yourself what is really important and then have the courage to build your life around your answer." - Unknown, but very insightful :)

bhoobmaszuid.jpg
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Let me try to answer your questions:

1- do I find it hard at the end of the day?... To be very honest I believe the fact that I gave up sugar nearly 70 days ago now has resulted in me never having that strong hunger pains like I did when I was eating carbs. I know some people are not going to like to hear that but it really does make extended fasting bareable.
    I gave up sugar when I started with a fasting regimen over 9 months ago. I tell everyone that I now feel that this was probably the most important dietary change I've made. It does seem to make the fasting easier, and it has really given me an even feeling. No spikes, highs and lows, wild cravings, etc. I run on an even keel all day long.
    Congrats on your consistent progress.

• blambo61
    Salt is necessary for keto from what I read so I can see why you need it. Good luck!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/08 - 199.80 (OMAD Day 73) *0g Carbs* 42 HOUR FAST NEW LOW! I never thought I would look at this day and be thinking "wow that sure escalated quickly". If someone would have told the fat me at 230 lbs that in just 73 days I would be in One-der-land I would have thought they were full of it. Yet here I stand with another bar conquered and a huge milestone tagged. I say tagged as I know with my 2 feed days of feeding that follows I should expect to see a bounce up a bit and more than likely back above the 200 line. However, I also know that with the next 42 hour fast, which according to the spreadsheet is Saturday, I will bury the 200 needle once and for all on my Sunday weigh in and never to look back again.

In the mean time I will enjoy this moment, I will give thanks to all the supporters out there as I appreciate this more than anyone can imagine. I am so grateful for finding Joe's channel, and this OMAD way of life. It proves that with a great plan, a little determination and focus that never wavers all things are possible. I read a very simple quote that I really love that says "what you water grows". For these past 73 days I have watered this idea of OMAD and intermittent fasting and today I see that effort of my ways in full bloom.
    ck8az57lfu7r.jpg

fe0xpuszml0x.jpg
    A very rare sighting indeed. The last time I saw this number on a scale was well over 10 years ago.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Very happy for you and welcome to "Onederland"! Isn't it great?
  • blambo61
    Nice! Congrats.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Wowwww! Welcome to Onederland :) you did it!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Ladies and gentleman, we have a new Onederland resident!

Your giftbag and resident card are on their way!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Woohoo!!! Congrats on making it to ONEDERLAND :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!! SO EXCITING!
  • hjstewart40
    Ladies and gentleman, we have a new Onederland resident!

Your giftbag and resident card are on their way!

I'm just checking out the neighborhood today but I plan to take up permanent residence on Sunday.

Seriously though Joe, thanks for all you do here. I watched every video on your channel and your "matter of fact" approach to this really hit home with me. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave that legacy for all of us to follow.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Great job, I know what a milestone that is.
    I'm hoping to join the club next month.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Congratulations. You are such an inspiration. Welcome to Onederland!!