Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    annacole94 wrote: »
    It's summer! Time for "small iced coffee with milk, no base" season at Timmy's. A buck ten and I'm in love. It's only about 20 calories for a small when you get it no base (add some splenda if you really need sweet).

omg yes! I always add Spenda and it's such a nice treat on a hot day! If I have a few extra cals I'll get the McDonald's SF ice coffee because I love my creamy sweet drinks lol
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    fascha wrote: »
    LushFix wrote: »
    Just had one of these, sooo good! Way better than skinny cow! Tastes like ice cream not yoghurt. 0sgazg3w3rra.png

What are the macros on these delicious looking bad boys?

The Macro's on these are exactly the same as skinny cow, 150 calories, only 4 gm of protein and high sugar with 16 gm. I don't know where the "greek yogurt" is because there is more protein in a regular ice cream sandwich. It's just a marketing ploy, capitalizing on the greek yogurt craze going on right now, but nothing extra healthy about these. These are just lower fat than a regular ice cream sandwich. If they taste good and you like them though, nothing wrong with eating them.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    pc-cold-brew.jpg

Pretty good.

Oh, I need to get me some of this!!
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    I've been doing this for years at both Tim Hortons and McDonald's. They tend to be surprised when you order an iced coffee black but that's how I drink hot coffee too. If you want a little flavour add a shot of sugar free vanilla syrup.

It's summer! Time for "small iced coffee with milk, no base" season at Timmy's. A buck ten and I'm in love. It's only about 20 calories for a small when you get it no base (add some splenda if you really need sweet).

What is "no base"?

The "base" is the sugar syrup that is standard in the recipe. A small, if you just walk in and order it as-is, has 120 calories with base and cream. Personally, I don't like sweet coffee, so leaving out the base and downgrading from cream to milk is still delicious.

You can also order iced capps with milk or chocolate milk instead of cream. Saves quite a few calories. :)

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I've been doing this for years at both Tim Hortons and McDonald's. They tend to be surprised when you order an iced coffee black but that's how I drink hot coffee too. If you want a little flavour add a shot of sugar free vanilla syrup.

What is "no base"?

The "base" is the sugar syrup that is standard in the recipe. A small, if you just walk in and order it as-is, has 120 calories with base and cream. Personally, I don't like sweet coffee, so leaving out the base and downgrading from cream to milk is still delicious.

You can also order iced capps with milk or chocolate milk instead of cream. Saves quite a few calories. :)

Ah yes: the flavour shots at Tim Horton's are also sugar-free. :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    edited May 2017
    For those begrudging the lack of halo top, we do have skinny cow ice cream! They are decent in the calorie department and delicious!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Skinny cow has many flavours. This is my favourite. 170calories per cone
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    I miss the "Clearly Canadian" flavored water and Bonkers candy
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    I miss the "Clearly Canadian" flavored water and Bonkers candy

Omg. I lost a pack of Bonkers 30-ish years ago in Brooks, Alberta, it fell out of my pocket, and I still think about it from time to time. It was the last pack I ever bought and I didn't even get to enjoy it!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    shans34 wrote: »
    Skinny cow has many flavours. This is my favourite. 170calories per cone

My grocery store no longer stocks Skinny Cow icecream. I'm so sad. I'm going to check out the one a little farther away because I love the icecream sandwiches.
  • inertiastrength
    edited June 2017
    So I got the small tubs of CoolWhey at my local Popeyes and for 170 cals I got 22g of protein.

I saw all over their facebook page that they're offering a 40g larger tub and that stores like Sobey's and Metro would be carrying it. I STUPIDLY bought 2 for 5.99 each at FreshCo without checking the label (I know I know lol) and when I got home realized that 150 calorie serving now contained 10g of protein and the whole tub was 600 cals. Thanks but now my bf will be bulking with that ice cream lol

I roasted them on a Facebook review and they mentioned they were coming out with a "Cool Whey Sport" with similar macros to the old formula (not out yet though) so beware!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    My local grocery store started carrying Dave's Killer Bread but I cant justify spending $7 on a loaf of bread - thats just nutz.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Sometimes its worth the extra couple $$$ for good quality and ingredients.

That is true for sure, but I am not a bread gourmet, and the subtleties of Daves would probably be wasted on me. Give me a good rye any day!

And I used to work in the corrections field, so I have some philosophical issues to deal with.
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Best thread ever! LOL. Off to check my diary for shareable finds.
  • inertiastrength
    Amazing stuff you guys. At my local Metro. Plain and Cinnamon Raisin, both equally delish.

Promise Gluten Free Bagels

plain.png

My boyfriend is on one about wheat and dairy, these would be perfect for his bulk! Thanks