4ft 11 shorter than short people - progress photos! ;)

shantireddo
shantireddo Posts: 43 Member
I'm curious.. and short - like 4ft 11 kinda short!

I wonder if there are any others of my height who have success stories to share or are in progress?
Would love to hear from you all!

Replies

• shantireddo
    I am not yet a success story as only started up on here again a month ago - I hope to add my success to this thread once I get there!!
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Im 5 ft. Ive lost 31 lbs, you can see it in my face on my profile pic here. Need to lose about 27 more or so.
  • purpleangle51
    purpleangle51 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 4'9" and have been losing weight for several months. Lost 30 lbs. Need to lose at least 25 more. It hasn't been easy.
  • christinecameron901
    christinecameron901 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi,I am also 4" 11...I am having alot of success tracking my calories and trying to keep active. I have noticed being shorter,that I have to work harder at it. :)
  • veronikamellon
    veronikamellon Posts: 42 Member
    I am 5.1. It is a constant uphill battle. Sometimes I have to be content with losing only a pound a month, which I guess is ok considering that I am in the higher range of a normal BMI. Every extra pound shows. On the plus side, every lost pound also shows.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm 5'1 and gave lost close to 20 in 4 weeks. I'm watching carbs and cardio for 30 minutes 4 times a week. Just added weights for 3 days a week
  • mhigdon35
    mhigdon35 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I'm 4'11. I orginally started at 246, got down to around 125 and now back up at 145. Maintenance sucks since we're so small we literally can never eat the same amount as those around us.

My photo shows me when I was around 129ish.
  • getfitchelle
    getfitchelle Posts: 31 Member
    I'll dig out some pics later - I'm 4'11" and lost about 90lbs in 2015, in just under 8 months.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    4'11 here :) Starting weight 4 yrs ago was 145 pounds. Got down to 100 pounds just by calorie counting with low intensity workouts such as cycling, stretching and lifting weights. Sadly, few months ago I got back to 120(due to falling off the bandwagon.) I've learned my lesson in a hard way. You gotta learn the difference between real hunger and cravings s that u dont overeat.

I want to be an inspiration to others as well and right now I"m looking to lose 50 pounds by december. I also have scoleosis and muscle weakness so my doctor advises me to lose weight until I get to the healthy weight for my body.

Lets do this!
  • clairedaventry
    clairedaventry Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 4ft 10. Just started too. I'm 184lbs after having 3 children
  • veganmumsy
    veganmumsy Posts: 1 Member
    4ft 11in here. My best weight in my adult life was 120. I have struggled since my son was 2, got down to 143 earlier this year then work stress and busy life took over. Recommitted this week and saw 155 on the scale when I finally stepped back in after months of ignoring it. I am signed up for a half marathon in October- that will help keep me focused! As for the food, I eat healthy food just too much of it. Going to be honest with myself and use MFP to keep track and stay under 1200 calories a day!
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    4'10 here I'm 120 at the moment and it is all in places I don't want it to be. :( it's a struggle for me to lose it so I'm not a success story, but I'm trying to be. I would love some more short friends with tips :)
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    I am 5.1. It is a constant uphill battle. Sometimes I have to be content with losing only a pound a month, which I guess is ok considering that I am in the higher range of a normal BMI. Every extra pound shows. On the plus side, every lost pound also shows.

This is what I struggle with. Being short you can tell when I gain weight and I hate it because people comment on it and then I feel sh***y
  • fashionistanana
    fashionistanana Posts: 1 Member
    I am only 5'0 weighed 160 and started walking May 2 at 1 to 2 miles everyday, cut out all pasta, bread, etc. just eat grilled chicken, steak, hamburger steak, fish and grilled veggies lots. Drink water and tea and occasional Diet Coke and have dropped 10 pounds, now working on the next 10 pounds. I am doing 10 increments at a time instead of worrying about that goal number. Good luck, it's definitely hard work but you have to push push push.
  • shantireddo
    Its been about 2 months for me, I'm only 5lbs down but feeling positive about it, even though I see no physical change - I have noticed my trousers feeling looser which is a bonus - quite happily muddling along and seeing where it takes me ! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!