Your favorite protein powders?

Replies

• ania2704
    ania2704 Posts: 56 Member
    I tried phd diet whey and myprotein impact whey
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    I haven't tried a whole lot but my favourite is Tera's Whey organic vanilla bourbon. It doesn't have the fake chemical taste that some of the others I've tried have.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Nectar Naturals in peach otherwise MTS or Quest
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    treegirl97 wrote: »
    I haven't tried a whole lot but my favourite is Tera's Whey organic vanilla bourbon. It doesn't have the fake chemical taste that some of the others I've tried have.

I love this one too!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    My all time favourite is Myprotein chocolate/peanut butter whey isolate. I can't have whey concentrate due to unpleasant side effects :flushed: so that nixes many protein powders.

My other favourites are:

Quest
    Optimum Nutrition Casein.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    For me, Myprotein Impact Whey is the best combination of value, taste and quality/macros and it's not even close.
  • Jonathanak6
    Jonathanak6 Posts: 73 Member
    Isopure is perfect I just ordered some and my personal trainer recommended me it, zero carb and gluten free perfect for muscle recovery and not using all your daily calories on protein shakes. I ordered vanilla but they have chocolate and flavorless I maybe should've gotten flavorless to reduce calories but vanilla should be just fine
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    Any of the MTS whey products and not to mention they are really transparent. Just a good company overall. My favorites from them are the mint cookies&cream taste almost just like thin mints. Red velvet cake again taste like what is advertised and has a cream cheese icing back note. Birthday cake, pumpkin pie, and blueberry muffin. Haven't tried the rest but im sure they taste amazing also, hands down the best protein I've ever had.

GAF whey pretty good too if you like peach proteins, Ghost protein cereal milk is also really good but expensive, and myprotein has been decent. Wasn't a huge fan of their banana isolate but it worked well in fruit smoothies. Got a 11lb bag of vanilla impact on sale for like 40$ and that has been good too, for the price you can't complain.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    I recently fell in love with MRM's protein powders <3 They have no artificial sweeteners or flavors.

I like MRM Veggie Protein powder too! I've only tried vanilla, but they have plain unsweetened, and chocolate.
    It has pea and rice protein, hemp, chia and flax. No soy. There's an ORAC blend in it as well, and it's sweetened with stevia.

150 Calories/22g Protein/6g Carbs/4g Fiber

Because of the fiber content, it does have a bit of grit, but it doesn't bother me.

I use veggie protein because I'm trying to reduce meat and dairy consumption.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    VitaCost online has a wide variety of products at a discount
  • iheartmakeup01
    iheartmakeup01 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2017
    PeS select protein whey/ casein very macro friendly low in fats, carbs, and 25g protein per 32.5g. Flavors peanut butter cookie and snickerdoodle, I was just reintroduced these by a friend and wouldn't go back to any other protein powder.
  • littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    IsoPure. You can get it for a pretty decent price on amazon. I like the Dutch chocolate.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    I buy from Costco and generally pick the best deal. My only caveat is that it must be chocolate!
  • KristyDonovan
    KristyDonovan Posts: 67 Member
    Vega! Only one I like!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    ISOPure Zero Carb. 210 cals for 2 scoops and it's 50 g protein. Best calorie-protein ratio that I've found
  • Laquwonda
    Laquwonda Posts: 2 Member
    I recently fell in love with MRM's protein powders <3 They have no artificial sweeteners or flavors.

I like MRM Veggie Protein powder too! I've only tried vanilla, but they have plain unsweetened, and chocolate.
    It has pea and rice protein, hemp, chia and flax. No soy. There's an ORAC blend in it as well, and it's sweetened with stevia.

150 Calories/22g Protein/6g Carbs/4g Fiber

Because of the fiber content, it does have a bit of grit, but it doesn't bother me.

I use veggie protein because I'm trying to reduce meat and dairy consumption.

I have the chocolate mocha MRM and really love it as "dessert" at night. Put in a blender with non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, peanut powder, fruit, chia seeds...whatever you want! A bit chalky but I really enjoy it compared to other powders I've used.
  • etvete
    etvete Posts: 4 Member
    I am a fan of Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey in Strawberry. I mix it with orange juice and it is great. I have tried some vegan protein powders and the best I have found is Shakeology but it is so expensive and needs a banana to be a decent texture. I can't stand the gritty-ness without the banana and blending the vegan powders.
  • Carolyn1965032017
    Carolyn1965032017 Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2017
    I use PhD diet whey Belgium chocolate flavour to drink in shakes just with water. I like the consistency as it makes quite a thick shake.
    Then I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein in Vanilla Ice cream flavour to mix with Greek Yoghurts or Porridge etc and also cook with it too and add it to my homemade protein bars, muffins and pancakes.
  • ebresee516
    ebresee516 Posts: 1 Member
    Arbonne- chocolate is really good and it's plant based vegan protein.