Soda Replacement

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    masaku_88 wrote: »
    A diet soda once in a while wont kill you, but knocking back several every day is definitely not good for you. Moderation.

Unless you're drinking several gallons every day there's no significant negative impact.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Diet soda. I love diet A&W root beer.

Mmmmmm

This is my go to. Creamy goodness.
  • BanksyTime
    BanksyTime Posts: 17 Member
    I cut out diet soda a few years ago. I've found that club soda is a great substitute. With a fresh lemon or lime, it's pretty tasty! :)
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    I use the SodaStream to make carbonated water, then add a shot of something like Mio to it when I'm not feeling like having a Coke Zero or Fresca but want bubbles.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Fizzy water with no sweetener and occasionally a Coke Zero or other diet soda.
  • mohlera
    mohlera Posts: 1 Member
    The artificial sweeteners in diet pop will continue to make you crave other things. Also the clear soda is better for you than Carmel color. I believe that causes cancer. You can look this up on line. Diet Pepsi free for 12 years. I limit my self to 1 diet pop when I am sick or when we go out.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    I love the 5-calorie Minute Maid lemonade. It's only in cans. Delicious.
  • oceandaisies
    oceandaisies Posts: 47 Member
    Kombucha is fizzy and carbonated when you seal it in a bottle to flavor with fruit or juice during it's second ferment! I make my own, its delicious. You can also buy it at the store, GT brand kombucha is good. I love their grape flavor or ginger flavor. Pretty low sugar/calories, like 2-5g sugar and 30-35 cals per 8 oz.
    Diet A&W root beer is pretty good. I also like Fresca, Diet 7-up, and Cherry Coke Zero.
    I've tried the Zevia's, wasn't really a fan.
    There is a new Lemon Lemon 7-up drink. Has some sugar and stevia in it, 70 cals per can and don't remember sugar content. I like them too.
    I never drank diet anything before my husband was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago, I have to say it's taken a bit to get used to it. Like this whole last year. I stopped drinking regular pop/juice so we didn't have it in the house and to support him. Now I don't want to waste my calories on a drink unless its a Strongbow or other hard cider!
    I usually drink water plain or with lemon or ACV for flavor or tea with or without honey. I drink about 8 oz of kombucha a day every day (I make my own) and I drink maybe 2-4 diet drinks a week.
  • monicaeve113
    monicaeve113 Posts: 7 Member
    I too thought I loved sodas but it's actually the carbonation I crave. As a relplacement I got a Soda Stream. It carbonates water. If I want flavor I'll add some juice. Grape is my favorite. You can add other pre-packaged flavorings to it as well. With the juice in in control of how much I add, if any.

If you're too busy to make it yourself, just drink club soda or sparking water plain and add some juice there too if you like.

Kombucha is a great choice also! As well as water kefir. I make this at home and it's delicious!

What ever you do, I'd stay away from artificial sweeteners. They are terribly unhealthy! Google it. Articles can be found everywhere.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I too thought I loved sodas but it's actually the carbonation I crave. As a relplacement I got a Soda Stream. It carbonates water. If I want flavor I'll add some juice. Grape is my favorite. You can add other pre-packaged flavorings to it as well. With the juice in in control of how much I add, if any.

If you're too busy to make it yourself, just drink club soda or sparking water plain and add some juice there too if you like.

Kombucha is a great choice also! As well as water kefir. I make this at home and it's delicious!

What ever you do, I'd stay away from artificial sweeteners. They are terribly unhealthy! Google it. Articles can be found everywhere.
    How about you post some peer reviewed scientific studies and articles to back up such...bloated claim. Google is not a reputable source.

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I literally only drank soda up until four months ago. Literally my husband asked when the last time I had a glass of water was and I couldnt remember. One day I just gave it up, I miss it occasionally, but sparkling water has been a life saver, my husband will offer me a sip of his soda often and I say no, and its not difficult for me. Its bubbly and you can either get flavored ones or add your own flavors, I personally enjoy the plain sparkling waters, but do keep some flavored ones in the house for dinner time. I feel so much better since I gave up soda, and without a can of soda throughout the day I have enough calories for my nighttime snack, and I would MUCH rather have something sweet like ice cream than a soda now a days.
  • lysa916
    lysa916 Posts: 13 Member
    I gave up soda a year or so ago. The sodium and sugar are just not worth the deliciousness of my beloved dr. Dr Pepper! I do have a soda stream. So I can add flavor to my fizzy water. I also love infused water. I keep several reusable water bottles filled in the fridge at all times so I have no excuse to grab a soda or something while I am on the run
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    I see nothing wrong with a diet soda once a day or so as long as that's not all you're drinking. Drink lots of plain water and you should be fine with it.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    lysa916 wrote: »
    I gave up soda a year or so ago. The sodium and sugar are just not worth the deliciousness of my beloved dr. Dr Pepper! I do have a soda stream. So I can add flavor to my fizzy water. I also love infused water. I keep several reusable water bottles filled in the fridge at all times so I have no excuse to grab a soda or something while I am on the run

Soda doesn't have a lot of sodium......
  • annabel92
    annabel92 Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2017
    Elderflower cordials are my go to now for carbonated! However, added sugar in these too. As long as it's not all the time, it's fine. Moderation!
  • WeAreTheMassacre
    WeAreTheMassacre Posts: 49 Member
    I drink La Croix. I dunno if diet soda is bad for you or not; too many mixed studies. Personally I'd rather not risk my health with a diet soda addiction. I like carbonated flavor water because it's just as healthy as water, but I get the refreshing kick that helps me not crave soda or alcohol.

La Croix sucks compared to generic Stater Bros brand seltzer. Idk why I'm so addicted to La Croix. Maybe the price tag?!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    masaku_88 wrote: »
    A diet soda once in a while wont kill you, but knocking back several every day is definitely not good for you. Moderation.

why not?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Coke Zero, Cherry Coke Zero, Vanilla Coke Zero (if you can find it). I also like to refrigerate a pitcher of unsweetened mint green tea - the mint makes it seem sweet and the tea gives it a little caffeine. Lot's of herbal teas are great iced as well. When I'm in a fruity mood I'll mix up some Crystal light or Mio. And the store-brand flavored fizzy waters are pretty yummy too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I drink La Croix. I dunno if diet soda is bad for you or not; too many mixed studies. Personally I'd rather not risk my health with a diet soda addiction. I like carbonated flavor water because it's just as healthy as water, but I get the refreshing kick that helps me not crave soda or alcohol.

La Croix sucks compared to generic Stater Bros brand seltzer. Idk why I'm so addicted to La Croix. Maybe the price tag?!

you are not ...