Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    The tacos are for sure one of my favorite meals... So filling and so so yummy... A lil high in the cals but quite nutrition dense
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ok so - after "ruining" my first day of fasting, I was a good kid last night and stayed true to the fast. One more day/night to go (today/tonight) and then I'll break the fast tomorrow when I get home from work. SUPER EXCITED for that LOL. I also pushed my weigh in until tomorrow morning so I'm hoping this "96" hour fast will have really shaken things up and I'll show a good loss this week :) Stay tuned for that update tomorrow!
  • mistymeadows2005
    YOU GUYS! Ok so long story here...

First of all, 96 hour fast will be done at dinner tonight (YAY)...the first day I had some cocktails (just liquor so SUPER low carb and no protein but it probably still pulled me out of fasting state) but other than that I've been spot on.

ALERT the next part is girly sh** - be aware guys.

WAS SUPER BUMMED OUT - because I woke this morning to a full blown TOM. I'm on the 0 day BC so I shouldn't be having one right now but I went off of it for a while due to insurance issues and the first time I went on it, I did have some wonky TOMs the first cycle SO...theres that. The moral of that story is I woke up SUPER bloated and was really bummed out because I was sure I had put on "scale weight" due to the bloating....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

4.4 pounds this week!!!! WOOT WOOT!

Down to 190.2, which is 20.8 pounds to date!

Starting: 211 pounds
    Week 1: -7.6 pounds (11 days) Weight: 203.4
    Week 2: -6.4 pounds Weight: 197
    Week 3: -2.0 pounds Weight: 195
    Week 4: -0.4 pounds Weight: 194.6
    Week 5: -4.4 pounds Weight: 190.2

BACK ON TRACK! Excited to eat today and laser focused!

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    What a great week for you, that's awesome! Hope the bloated feeling goes away for you soon. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    What a great week for you, that's awesome! Hope the bloated feeling goes away for you soon. :)

THANKS! I was SO thrilled with that number considering I'm probably 2-4 pounds "heavier" just from the icky bloating lmao
  • mistymeadows2005
    @jvcinv did u end up trying the lettuce tacos this past weekend?
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member

Yes in fact I did. I forgot to mention it.
    I used your suggestion regarding quinoa, and improvised from there. So I was pleased with the filling, the quinoa adds an interesting texture. Had way too many and was a bit stuffed, but that's another story. I'll do it again sometime. Thanks.
  • mistymeadows2005
    jvcinv wrote: »

Yes in fact I did. I forgot to mention it.
    I used your suggestion regarding quinoa, and improvised from there. So I was pleased with the filling, the quinoa adds an interesting texture. Had way too many and was a bit stuffed, but that's another story. I'll do it again sometime. Thanks.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I love the texture! That's my favorite part! Just out of curiosity's sake, what type of lettuce did you use for your wraps?
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I love the texture! That's my favorite part! Just out of curiosity's sake, what type of lettuce did you use for your wraps?
    Well I made enough filling for two nights and just used what I had on hand for lettuce.
    First night I used Boston lettuce, but it seemed too small and weak as a taco shell.
    2nd night I used Romaine which allowed for a bigger taco and was sturdier.
    What do you recommend?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member

That is SO AWESOME!! I want to see 190 so bad... Congratulations!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited June 2017
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Well I made enough filling for two nights and just used what I had on hand for lettuce.
    First night I used Boston lettuce, but it seemed too small and weak as a taco shell.
    2nd night I used Romaine which allowed for a bigger taco and was sturdier.
    What do you recommend?

I usually use romaine for for that exact reason but even then I double up the leaves ( I like lettuce what can I say lol)... The new kind I tried was amazing though.. and it was sold as live lettuce which to me basically meant that it still had the roots attached? But it was really good I ate almost a whole head with that batch LOL
  • mistymeadows2005
    minigrrll wrote: »

That is SO AWESOME!! I want to see 190 so bad... Congratulations!

Thank you! You'll get there soon! I follow your thread and you're doing amazing... Weigh in tomorrow right? <3
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Today is weigh in - it's Friday here in Oz! Just need to get my *kitten* upstairs and undress! Waiting for it to warm up a bit (it's also winter here...) before I do that... Plus walking on the treadmill - maybe I'll lose the 2 extra pounds down to 190 by walking... HA!
  • mistymeadows2005
    vkco1zdeuz44.jpg
    mcpj0mvkxbh7.jpg

MANNNNNNNNNNNN the breaking of this fast was EPIC - we decided to go to a local mexican restaurant that we've never been to before called Tio Gordo. IT WAS DELICIOUS.

We started with some chips with salsa and queso, which we split.
    I followed up with:
    1 shrimp taco, 1 pork street taco, 1 cheese enchilada with traditional sauce, and 1 chicken enchilada with creamy cilantro sauce, along with refried black beans and spanish rice. I'd LIKE to say I ate all that but there was no chance in hell LOL. I ate maybe 2/3 of it and I was so full I thought I might DIE. But it was nice balanced macros for the most part. I followed up about an hour and a half later with 1 cup of sugar free, low fat bunny tracks ice cream and some cocktails. I hit about 2250 cals or so, which I'm totally fine with as my fast-breaking refuel.

I'm STILL FULL like 14 hours later so I'm guessing tonight will be a light eating night. Stay tuned for more updates.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Oh Yummy!!! :)
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Great loss!! You convinced me. Mexican on Sunday! :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited June 2017
    OMAD2017 wrote: »
    Great loss!! You convinced me. Mexican on Sunday! :p

In that case you've gotta try my taco meat mix... See above for recipe :p;)
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    That's my plan! We're going out to our favorite restaurant tomorrow but I am going to try your recipe for my meal on Tuesday. Do you measure the quinoa dry or cooked? I know it doesn't bulk up much, but it does some. Can't wait to try it!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Your meal looks so awesome, as is typical for you!
  • mistymeadows2005
    OMAD2017 wrote: »
    That's my plan! We're going out to our favorite restaurant tomorrow but I am going to try your recipe for my meal on Tuesday. Do you measure the quinoa dry or cooked? I know it doesn't bulk up much, but it does some. Can't wait to try it!

I cook the quinoa first so I just measure it 1:1 once the quinoa is pulled off the heat... I find if it's off a tiny bit it's no biggie lol... Thw mouthfeel is so good...even if I could eat whatever I wanted all the time I'd still make taco meat this way... Its so satisfying and yummy! Let me know how it turns out!

ON A SIDE NOTE... Use more taco seasoning then you think you'll need... The meat has flavor but the quinoa is pretty bland lol