• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    slaite1 wrote: »
    besaro wrote: »
    I would never even consider it. Greek yogurt has plenty of protein on it's own.
    Well yeah, but some ppl are try to get their protein in where they can so they double up.

Meh...I think it's pretty easy to get quite a bit of protein without dumping protein powder into everything. I supplement sometimes, but I just drink the shake. I think adding protein powder to everything is just kinda weird...and people are weirdly obsessed with all the protein.

I typically get anywhere from 120-140 grams per day and only have to use a supplement occasionally...I just eat protein rich foods.

meh yourself. some of us have dietary restrictions. why do people insist on being dismissive about how others eat?

meh...

I was simply stating my opinion that I think it's weird...I'm allowed to have an opinion on an open forum. I just thinking putting protein powder in and on everything like I see people do is kinda weird and a bit over the top. I think the whole protein craze is pretty over the top and largely bro-sciency...yes, it's important, but people take it over the top IMO...so meh.

What dietary restrictions do you have that you can't eat chicken, but you can eat a highly processed protein powder?

If that's your thing then cool...I don't care what you do...I just stated that I wouldn't even consider it. I really don't care what you do.

I wanted to get mad at your first statement, bc I got all butt hurt (I LIKE protein in my yogurt!) but this reply was so smart-*kitten* that it just made me laugh.

I don't add protein to much, just some PB2 occasionally, mostly because I like the taste. And I LOVE the texture mixed in with Greek yogurt. I don't eat meat, and some days I suck at getting enough protein so it's an easy/lazy fix. Unless it's blended in a smoothie, I think protein shakes are disgusting so I guess we all have our thing...

Otherwise I agree with your general statement about protein. It's definitely overblown. I feel the same about the tons of supplements and pre-workouts, etc.

People do all kinds of things that I find weird...my wife likes sliced dill pickles on peanut butter sandwiches...weird as *kitten* and I'd never even consider it...but she really likes it...weird as *kitten*!

Disgusted and intrigued (two of my favorite ingredients!)
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I guess I'm one of those people that immediately wants to try whatever it is someone tells me not to do. Because I saw this thread this morning, and I was planning to have a protein shake ANYWAY (but mixed with milk) and I happen to have a container of vanilla yogurt...

So I just mixed a scoop of chocolate protein powder with (regular, not greek) vanilla yogurt. And it's pretty good. Not pudding, exactly, but not bad. I mixed it in a separate bowl, though, and there was some effort involved. If I'd tried to dump the powder into the yogurt container, that would not have worked.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I just recently tried this and love it... maybe you added too much or it was your brand? Mine comes out smooth but you really have to mix it well. It's good at the end of the day so I can add as much protein as I want to fill in the gaps without adding too much yogurt to offset the taste of my dessert. I find Greek yogurt a little too tart so it helps.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    This would have to mix very well for me to like it...something about gritty yogurt kind of freaks me out a little.

I do like granola and fruit with yogurt...or just plain yogurt. Maybe I will try this sometime though.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Well yeah, but some ppl are try to get their protein in where they can so they double up.

Meh...I think it's pretty easy to get quite a bit of protein without dumping protein powder into everything. I supplement sometimes, but I just drink the shake. I think adding protein powder to everything is just kinda weird...and people are weirdly obsessed with all the protein.

I typically get anywhere from 120-140 grams per day and only have to use a supplement occasionally...I just eat protein rich foods.

And that works for you but obviously it doesn't work that way for everyone else. I add protein powder to all kinds of things in order to make my protein + calorie deficit + satiety balance out. That's just what I need to do for MY nutritional needs.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    besaro wrote: »

meh yourself. some of us have dietary restrictions. why do people insist on being dismissive about how others eat?

meh...

I was simply stating my opinion that I think it's weird...I'm allowed to have an opinion on an open forum. I just thinking putting protein powder in and on everything like I see people do is kinda weird and a bit over the top. I think the whole protein craze is pretty over the top and largely bro-sciency...yes, it's important, but people take it over the top IMO...so meh.

What dietary restrictions do you have that you can't eat chicken, but you can eat a highly processed protein powder?

If that's your thing then cool...I don't care what you do...I just stated that I wouldn't even consider it. I really don't care what you do.

You're so cool. How can I be like you?

Please.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

It also has carbs. And fat if you don't buy no/low fat. I add protein powder to yoghurt to get more protein without more carbs or fat, with the bonus of adding flavour to the yoghurt.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Sweet Jesus, I want to put pb2 in my yogurt tomorrow.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    I think it's super good, to me it tastes just like pudding except it happens to have a ton of protein in it.
  • bbell1985
    Oh man I'm gonna go get some Fage right now. No protein powder though :(
  • kimie54
    kimie54 Posts: 24 Member
    I don't like the protein powder that I have. I don't care for the stevia, or any other sweetener that isn't real sugar. I might try the PB powder and some fruit spread. I like that idea.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Powdered PB and Fage YES. I don't like PB2 though. I don't know why it's the most popular brand. Really not the best.

What brand do you like?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Powdered PB and Fage YES. I don't like PB2 though. I don't know why it's the most popular brand. Really not the best.

What brand do you like?

It's called "Just Great Stuff". I think I like PB&Co better than PB2 as well. The worst is TruNut though.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    I find it delicious as well
    Now I have to try!!!