Starting over... again

_mglo_
_mglo_ Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone :) thank you for being here to hear my story. MFP has helped me twice to lose weight successfully and I'm hoping third time's the charm for losing weight AND keeping it off!

I was at a fantastic weight at the beginning of 2013. Through a sequence of events, and a lot of emotional eating, I went from being 125 to 230 (Which is what I'm at now).

It's been two years now that I hate myself and loathe my body. I hate myself for having ruined being at a good weight. I let myself go sooo much and I despise myself. I think about being fat all day long. And I'm at a point where I don't want to just feel bad about myself anymore, but I want to actually do something to change it.

I'm turning 30 next week and I figure it's a great time for me to turn this around. I actually don't like going out because I don't want people to see me. I can't live the rest of my life like this!!!

Thank you so much for hearing me out. If my story relates to you please friend me. I need all the support I can get and will support you in your journey as well.

Replies

• Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Good on you for saying enough! I look forward to seeing your progress. :-)
  • datbrittish
    datbrittish Posts: 14 Member
    Wow we have very similar stories! I'm starting today!
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Hi mglo. You have done it before so you know you can do it. I have lost close to 60 lbs in the past year. I have another 20 to go. I was like you, I didn't want to go out in public. I didn't want to risk running into someone who had not seen me since I gained the weight. Add me if you would like. I am on everyday.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I totally get it!!!! Doing this again myself. I've sent you a friend request.
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    You can do this. Good luck xx
  • sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Ive sent u a friend request, good luck on ur journey u can do it :)
  • venuscaelestis
    venuscaelestis Posts: 27 Member
    We share a similar story! I'll add you, and anyone else who would like some support feel free to add me.
  • _mglo_
    _mglo_ Posts: 31 Member
    I also have started this thing over on myfitnesspal three times. This time I started 3 days ago. I have 15 more pounds than you do to lose. Its a strange thing we allow this to go on so long we undo everything we accomplished. In fact, this yo-yo defines my life for some reason I can not comprehend. On one hand I want to be a normal size so desperately, and know very well what to do to accomplish it. On the other I have this imprint of all the foods I love to eat imprinted in my brain and can not seem to control the portions of to effect the desire for this normal weight. Over the years I have paid thousands of dollars for gymn memberships, yet rarely go. I wish you success, as I wish myself success, in this time breaking the code and learning at last to maintain our desired weight.

I relate to this SO much!! It's like I know what I need to do to be happy, what to eat... but I just can't get myself to do it. I'm hoping if I push myself these first few days it'll get a bit easier as time goes on.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    I've survived cancer, it took me 1 day to stop smoking and have never gone back. I have gone from needing to lose a few pounds to being overweight, to being morbidly obese. I too know what it is I need to do and I know it doesn't happen quickly and that to me is overwhelming. I wake up every day telling myself that today is the day I start to make it happen. Today is the day....... I'm seeing the doctor on Monday.
  • Yvonne576
    Yvonne576 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm starting tomorrow also, we can all do it
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    l started my 3rd time from mar 1st/17. it was much easier this time so i guess the experience in the last 2 times helps n i m sure ur MFP experience will help u too. the only difference this time is that l wont be tossing MFP away after i get to my GW because that was the problem in the last 2 times. l will keep using it so i NEVER have to lose weight again

JUST DO IT (u already know how)! GOOD LUCK!
  • Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Hi! My highest weight was around 230 so I know how you're feeling right now. Got down to 190 and gain 20 more back. Now I'm down 30 pounds since March at 180.
    But like others have said if you have done it once before you can do it again!! Good luck!! You have got this!!
    ❤️
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Welcome @Mom2Maika! Im on day 6, feel free to add me. :-)
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Wow, that really hit close to home. I'm starting fresh and plan on making it last long term this go round by making some fundamental changes in my daily routine. If anyone else wants an extra supporter, feel free to add me! Wishing everyone a good fight! ;)
  • macarty
    macarty Posts: 2 Member
    This is my first attempt at MFP and I walked in the gym today for the first time in 10 years. I need all the encouragement and accountability I can get. I have 60 lbs to lose. If anyone is looking for friends and encouragement feel free to send me a friend request.
  • dturpin2
    dturpin2 Posts: 2 Member
    Starting again with MFP! 5 years ago I lost 30 lbs...I was diligent and focused...man, I need that again! I hope everyone has a good day...we can do this!