A fresh start - looking to lose 140lbs!

Hi everyone
I decided this morning to embark on a weight loss journey. I've been feeling down for a while about my weight, but have been half-heartedly trying to do something about it. I'm not sure what has clicked in my head this morning, but I've joined MFP and I'm ready to go!
I joined this site a couple of years ago. I also did slimming world but my weight plateued after losing 70lbs and it's since all piled back on again, and then a little more.

I'm looking forward to getting on with it and being a loser. End goal? Get pregnant! I will likely use a fair amount of sw knowledge in my journey and recipes.

Any advise or motivation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading xx

Replies

• 1982Josie
    1982Josie Posts: 95 Member
    Hi :)
    I will send you a request!
    I restarted my journey 3 weeks ago and have lost 12lb with 92lb to go.
    I have always done Slimming World in the past (for the past 17 years on and off) but have always regained the weight I have lost. Calorie counting is really suiting me so far and I am enjoying it!
    Good luck on your journey, you have a real motivator there to get pregnant.
    x
  • MadameFooFoo
    MadameFooFoo Posts: 4 Member
    Wow, what a great start!
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    good for you. as far as losing pounds goes intermittent fasting, planning meals, logging everything i eat down to the gram, and using fitbit has worked for me.

i think i'll not give advice on getting pregnant. i'm sure you can find a youtube for that. ;)
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Hey! Welcome!