Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    @tinkerbellang83 I'm looking forward to hearing how you're doing with c25k. Do you have any knee issues? Mine come and go. Much better overall with the weight loss. In the past I've had horrible shin splints when trying to run. Yet, I've been thinking about trying it when I get below 190#. Please keep us posted! You go girl!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    @tinkerbellang83 I'm looking forward to hearing how you're doing with c25k. Do you have any knee issues? Mine come and go. Much better overall with the weight loss. In the past I've had horrible shin splints when trying to run. Yet, I've been thinking about trying it when I get below 190#. Please keep us posted! You go girl!

@shakenbake57 No specific knee problems, they get a bit achey after running but I suppose I would too if I was carrying 230lb lol I started Week 3 last week, missed a day because of being out of town and not getting back until quite late so the conundrum now is whether to just head on into Week 4.
  • mehlsf
    mehlsf Posts: 11 Member
    Hello, I'm Michelle! I've gained 14 lbs over the last 2 years, and I don't like it one bit. About to hit 45 so really time to turn it back around. I walk to work (3mi round-trip each day), try Orange Theory 1-2 days per week which I prob have to increase. I eat pretty healthy but weekend eating and cocktails derails me. Hope this helps!
  • aily_paily
    aily_paily Posts: 19 Member
    Hi, I am Aileen, this is probably attempt 100 at getting myself under control, I have a big event in May next year and want to lose minimum 70lbs. I hope this weekly weigh in will keep me focused.
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Welcome to the group! @Dream_Weever so happy for you that you've emerged from the abyss. No doubt you can do this!
  • Melisandray
    Melisandray Posts: 40 Member
    Thank you! I'm in it to win it, as they say, lol :)
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Hey...saw this group mentioned in another thread and it sounded great! I was in a group challenge but got the boot because I didn't weigh in 2 weeks in a row, which was a rule. I had a bad mountain bike crash and wasn't thinking much about weight loss for a couple of weeks.

I'm about 90% recovered and back at exercising and trying to lose. I managed to maintain during my recover which I'm pretty happy about. I've lost 15 pounds or so since January of this year. I was 172 @ 5'3" and am now fluctuating between 155-156. I'd like to lose another 15 in a perfect world but would be happy with 10. I'm 47 years old.

I'm doing mostly just cardio and mountain biking with a little resistance training. I'd really like to get back into lifting weights and had called to set up an appointment the day of my wipeout at the beginning of June. Gotta give it a couple more weeks to heal though now.

I'm just so happy that I didn't take my injury as an excuse to fall off the wagon.

I still haven't quite figured out how to add people as friends but feel free to do so with me!

Thanks,
    Kim
  • tinkerbellang83
    @AgileK9 welcome Kim I've sent you an add there, to add people you just click on their username, this brings up their 'usercard' click on the user again and choose add friend. Well done on maintaining through your injury!An injury is part of the reason I ended up here, got very lazy piled on 10kg in a year and actually made it worse in doing so. Good luck with the remaining weight ☺
  • NatJayneL
    NatJayneL Posts: 10 Member
    My name is Natalie. Like a lot of mothers, I am trying to lose baby weight. Unlike a lot of mothers, the weight wasn't gained from pregnancy but from the suicidal depression I went through after giving her up for adoption. I am parenting my oldest (4yo) and the second (now 3yo) I gave to an adoptive family because I couldn't afford to keep her. Giving her to them was the hardest thing I've ever done.

After 3 hospitalizations and lots of (lawfully prescribed) drugs and therapy, I'm finally a year free of depression and ready to tackle the 70 pounds I gained.

Starting weight: 219.6 lbs
    Goal weight by Oct: 195
    Goal weight: 140
    Last week: 216.0
    Current weight: 214
    Total Loss: -5.6 lbs
  • tinkerbellang83
    NatJayneL wrote: »
    My name is Natalie. Like a lot of mothers, I am trying to lose baby weight. Unlike a lot of mothers, the weight wasn't gained from pregnancy but from the suicidal depression I went through after giving her up for adoption. I am parenting my oldest (4yo) and the second (now 3yo) I gave to an adoptive family because I couldn't afford to keep her. Giving her to them was the hardest thing I've ever done.

After 3 hospitalizations and lots of (lawfully prescribed) drugs and therapy, I'm finally a year free of depression and ready to tackle the 70 pounds I gained.

Starting weight: 219.6 lbs
    Goal weight by Oct: 195
    Goal weight: 140
    Last week: 216.0
    Current weight: 214
    Total Loss: -5.6 lbs

@NatJayneL It's fantastic that you're a year free of it, sounds like you've had a pretty tough time. Good luck with your weight loss. Weigh ins are in a separate thread, you can find them on the group main page :smile:
  • mcstastny
    mcstastny Posts: 22 Member
    Hey all! I have about 30 pounds to lose. Looking to lose it slowly, but consistently. I am a teacher on summer, so the opportunity to snack is constant. So, working to make good choices and eat healthy. Also looking to exercise more. I live 1000 miles from my parents and plan to go home over Christmas. Would love to have made huge progress towards my goal by then.

Current weight 157. Goal is 125.
  • stainbackzoo
    stainbackzoo Posts: 82 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd like to join! I need accountability! I could also use some more friends for support. I can support and motivate others too! :smile:

I want to lose 50 lbs. I'm a work at home
    mother of 5- ages 23 to 2

I do like to work out but gym time doesn't fit too well with summer schedule and i'm ok with that :wink:

have a great weekend!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi there! I am Ellie and I am 43 years young. I came to MFP about four years ago previously and got fit and strong. I am back again after a long, depressing time in a messed up relationship. Not much exercise and too much food. I am here to get my mojo back and hopefully reach my goal weight of 140lbs. I lift heavy things in the gym three times a week, cycle to and from work daily and walk and run for extra cardio. Although running is on hold at the moment (as is walking any long distance) due to swollen painful heels. Think it is bursitis, which I get when I am too keen and try to run 3 miles straight off the bat, two weeks in a row. I am hoping to enter some powerlifting competitions within the next two years.

SW 195.4lbs (which was 19lbs heavier than I thought I was eek!)
    GW 140lbs
    CW 180.84lbs

• tinkerbellang83
    Welcome guys - @BadazzLisa and @nexangelus can you please pop your weigh ins in the relevant week - it's easier for me to find them there when I come to do the progress sheets. Thanks :smile:
  • luvs2lilboyz
    luvs2lilboyz Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! My name is Lisa. Happy to join this group and begin holding myself accountable. I've been struggling with the same 10-12 lbs for years now. I just need to focus and do the right thing. So,
    today is the day. Thanks for listening.
  • eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 108 Member
    Hi guys! I'm Emma. I used MFP before starting in 2011 and went from 195lbs to 104lbs in June 2015 (aka SUPER underweight for my height of 5'11) I developed the worst acne problem because of my poor nutrition and my doctor told me I needed to eat more/gain weight, so that I did - except that I basically gained all of my weight back and ended up back where I started.

I'm trying to do this again, healthily! a healthy weight for me is between about 130lbs - 180lbs so I've set my GW as 150lbs :smile:
  • Littleshrink4
    Littleshrink4 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hello everyone! My name is Ronni and I have been struggling with my weight loss. I am 63 and had my thyroid removed due to cancer. As a cancer survivor, I need to keep a healthier weight. I need to lose 20 lbs or more. I look forward to being accountable to this group and meeting others sharing the weight loss journey.
  • SandyFit101
    SandyFit101 Posts: 23 Member
    Im 223 lbs and looking to drop 23 pounds and then I will set up a new goal to try to get to my 165 lbs at best. My area is Boston < MA- Started Monday to exercise and my weight in will be tomorrow. Every Saturday!