Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Lying in bed and can't sleep. I'm exhausted but just can't sleep. Maybe it's the pain meds I'm on...not sure.

Anyway, since I will be mostly immobile this week it is really imperative for me to watch my intake. My sweet husband brought me meals and snacks all afternoon and evening after we got home and he was so busy spoiling me that I didn't turn anything down...including ice cream and cake. So....I will need to thank him for being so sweet but lay down some do's and don'ts of what to bring me. Fruit=good. Ice cream=not so good!

Surgery went well. Doc said that the tear was large however, so I only have 15% of meniscus left. That means I will need a total knee replacement in the next 5-6 years. So that kind of sucks! I'm going to focus on healing and getting healthy and not worry about something I cannot change though.

My iPad keeps erasing my goals for Wednesday so I'll pop on later and post them!

So nice that your DH is taking care of you! I think it's wise to rest for the two weeks and not to push yourself too hard. Give yourself a few days to adjust. Give yourself some quality self care and it'll pay off.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    6/13 Tuesday JFT:
    [Switch Tues. And Wed. Schedules]

Attend classes ✔
    Run errands (mail, wash Jeep, bank)✔
    Physics HW and exam prep✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.❌
    Yoga 40 min.❌
    Intro. Kid's Yoga ❌(DVD shipment delayed)
    Log meals on MFP ✔
    Dinner by 8 pm❌(by 9 pm)
    Bedtime by midnight❌ (bed at 2am)

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Missed you all!

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Preplanned all suppers this week. Tonight it's veggie lasagna & salad w/low sugar Apple crisp.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 9:30pm-it's 8:20 am & I'm already tired??.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walk dog 30 mins at hilly park.
    Weight lifting at affiliate gym-prob 40 mins.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep.
    Drink 10 cups of water.
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks. I've fallen back into my eating while standing at counter habit!
    Shop for Wike (new or used). I would like challenge myself by biking for local errands as much as possible for summer months.
    My 13 yr old son informed me that he's not interested in boxing and still prefers mountain biking. We're joining NEMBA (New England Mountain Biking Assoc.) which will motivate us to get out to do an activity & socialize. None of his friends like to bike! They have regularly scheduled rides & events.

Going to my yearly skin check with Dermatolgist. I dislike this appt more than any other due to having to be completely naked. :neutral: It is what it is! I've reminded myself self that this is a preventative measure.
    Sorry I'm so wordy today-have a great day everyone!

• MLHC1
    6/14 Wednesday JFT:

Stay motivated even though yesterday was unsuccessful! :D

-Premade slow cook meal for dinner, put in slow cooker before leaving the house this a.m.
    -Attend class
    -Meet w/ professor
    -Intro. Kid's Yoga (if DVD shipment arrives)
    -Yoga 40 min.
    -Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    -Physics Complete Online HW-1
    -Physics Exam I prep and review
    -Physics Lab HW
    -Attend Jui Jitsu class 5:30 - 7:30pm
    -Log meals on MFP
    -Bedtime by midnight!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @jasden6297 WELCOME!!! I'm so sorry got your loss, but good for you starting to get back in shape! We are all here to support you and each other!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2017
    Recap T 6/13
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories in the green = Fail - As if this week won't be challenging enough, last night I made chicken salad with leftover chicken / low fat mayo, then proceeded to scarf down WAY too much of it...it just tasted so good on the multi-grain crackers. That was supper along with a big lettuce / radish / tomato salad with lite dressing. Still, net calories in the red. :s
    3) Evening, cut up veggies for lunch / snacks, boil eggs, make rhubarb sauce = yep, yep & yep :smiley:
    4) Home chores...wash towels and wash dishes = yep & nope...kind of petered out during the evening :|
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = nope / this isn't helping :#

Just for today W 6/14 - no dog walk before work, turned off early alarm and proceeded to oversleep :/
    1) Before happy hour after work, look up menu online and choose something to order that won't bust the calories, then stick with decision
    2) Have one adult beverage with friends (sounds better than "only" or "limit")
    3) Walk dog if not raining / have time this evening
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

Today will probably be pretty stressful as a result of that email but I'm going to stay calm throughout and NOT turn to food to cope. It's not worth getting worked up about - at the end of the day, it's just a job.

- Don't be perfectionist - power through and tick things off! :|
    - check emails four times only :)
    - Take regular breaks away from computer :)

- Stay calm - it's just a job!

- Focus on the key priorities and only open emails 4 times (max)

I see so much of myself in you! I tell myself these same things every single day! I have not even been able to switch it off today and I'm on medical leave! I really need to get the "it's just a job!" phrase pounded into my head. Love reading your goals. Lets me know I'm not alone. (Not that I'm happy you are stressed...!) ;)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Missed you all!

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Preplanned all suppers this week. Tonight it's veggie lasagna & salad w/low sugar Apple crisp.

This sounds delicious! Would love your recipes for veggie lasagna and low sugar apple crisp! :smile:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Tuesday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the rest of the week :)
    2. Swim a mile :)
    3. 10+ cups water :)

Wednesday:
    1. Track all food
    2. Under 100 G carbs
    3. At least 5 freggies
    4. Weight/cardio workout at the gym
    5. Go visit favorite flower farm before the peonies stop blooming!
    6. 10+ C water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited June 2017
    Not been on in A couple of days! Been pretty busy!
    And because I didn't log I ate very poorly on Monday and Tuesday!
    Been good today though!

@joan6630 I did weigh myself on Monday and was 170 still! So no change! I've got such a boost to try get into the 160s even if its 169! I'm so close!

@OConnell5483 I hope your op went okay! Keep on track best you can! Maybe even just stick to maintaining your weight for the next couple of weeks? Least then it will give you a bit more flexibility with what you eat!

As for everyone else!
    Well done for logging on and doing your goals!

Maybe we should all compete and the winner is whoever posts their success story first! :wink:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Glad you're back @Bex953172 I missed you! I hope all is well! I'm trying to meet my goals...not totally exceeding but definitely trying!

So I dont know how many, if any, play Pokemon Go. I gave up on it for a while, but the DH was really pushing for me to start playing again as a way to bond. Lol. Anyway, I loaded it up at work and Holy Crow! There are about 25 poke-stops in a one-mile radius from my branch! My branch is in a little tiny shore town with a popular beach and boardwalk and they are everywhere! I think I just found my new walking route!

So from now on I'm bringing my sneakers and walking before/after/on break at work! I'm actually really excited about this! Definitely going to lose a few pounds doing this!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Really busy with work, and again, late in the day posting my goals.

Yesterday, Tuesday
    1. drink water :)
    2. healthy eating :)
    3. clean house :)
    4. already mowed grass and went to the gym, but lay out clothes for tomorrow morning :)
    5. read response cards :)

Did really good yesterday. But woke up this morning so tired! I think being in the heat yesterday mowing the grass wore me out. But ..... I made it to the gym this morning anyway.

Hubby is out of the house tonite, so I am trying to decide if I want to go to zumba class. I did do the treadmill this morning, and am really tired ...... but .... I also am really craving the ice cream that is in the freezer. My daughter was suppose to take it home with her; instead, she opened the container and had some, and left it here.

so , JFT

1. DO NOT EAT ANY ICE CREAM TONITE!!!!!
    2. sip on water. I am not hungry --- just thirsty
    3. read my response cards
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    5. finish sewing up the quilt I am working on
    6. leave for zumba in 30 minutes --- Yah, thats what I'll do tonite :)

• mytime6630
    Tuesday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the rest of the week :)
    2. Swim a mile :)
    3. 10+ cups water :)

Wednesday:
    1. Track all food
    2. Under 100 G carbs
    3. At least 5 freggies
    4. Weight/cardio workout at the gym
    5. Go visit favorite flower farm before the peonies stop blooming!
    6. 10+ C water

Glad to see you back! Hopefully things are less hectic for you now! And .... thank you so much for encouraging the zumba class! I absolutely LOVE IT!! I am amazed though at how different each instructor is!
  • mytime6630
    jasden6297 wrote: »
    Well I am starting today fresh because I let bad habits take over after my daughter died in 2012 and now I am at an all time high of 227 as of yesterday. I feel like a baby trying to walk again. I know how to lose weight and have done it before, but food has been my friend for far too long and I just want to make it a casual acquaintance. Yesterday I accomplished my first goals and that was just to join this site again. So today my goals are short but hopefully simple.

1. track every thing I intake today
    2. drink 4, 16oz glasses of water
    3. keep the 6 small meals since that worked yesterday
    4. remind myself I am doing this for me and my family
    5. stick to 1200 to 1400 calories

Welcome - so happy to have you join us. I am so very sorry for your loss in 2012. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. Your daughter would want you to be healthy and happy, so I am so glad you have joined us. For most of us, food is our friend. Old habits are so hard to break, but I do believe if we take it one day at a time, we will all reach our goals.
    Hope to see you back with us tomorrow!
  • mytime6630
    Lying in bed and can't sleep. I'm exhausted but just can't sleep. Maybe it's the pain meds I'm on...not sure.

Anyway, since I will be mostly immobile this week it is really imperative for me to watch my intake. My sweet husband brought me meals and snacks all afternoon and evening after we got home and he was so busy spoiling me that I didn't turn anything down...including ice cream and cake. So....I will need to thank him for being so sweet but lay down some do's and don'ts of what to bring me. Fruit=good. Ice cream=not so good!

Surgery went well. Doc said that the tear was large however, so I only have 15% of meniscus left. That means I will need a total knee replacement in the next 5-6 years. So that kind of sucks! I'm going to focus on healing and getting healthy and not worry about something I cannot change though.

My iPad keeps erasing my goals for Wednesday so I'll pop on later and post them!

I've been thinking of you, and hope you are not in too much pain! Keep us posted -- we all care!

I think its wonderful that your dear husband is pampering you --- you deserve this. But tell him to buy some juice pops, or things like that. I just discovered Outshine Fruit Juice bars - they are so good, and fill my desire for ice cream (Except for tonite... I'm really craving the ice cream!!). I've even gotten creative in chopping up the juice bar in little chunks, putting strawberries on it, and some lowfat whip cream (takes me longer to eat also!). So hopefully you can think of things like that while you are healing, so you can still have some yummy foods, but still able to watch your intake!!

Sorry to hear you will need a knee replacement. Everyone that I have talked to though that has had this procedure was glad that they did. But ... try not to worry about it now. One day at a time. And right now, your job is to take good care of yourself! Let others do the worrying. You need to focus on yourself (instead of focusing on everyone else!). Take good care!
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Not been on in A couple of days! Been pretty busy!
    And because I didn't log I ate very poorly on Monday and Tuesday!

Maybe we should all compete and the winner is whoever posts their success story first! :wink:

We missed you - glad to see you back posting!

I am hoping that ALL of us can reach our goals by the end of the year!! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!
  • mytime6630
    edited June 2017
    OK --- going to resist that ice cream. Off to zumba class!!!! I want the scale to move this week!!
  • mytime6630

So I dont know how many, if any, play Pokemon Go. I gave up on it for a while, but the DH was really pushing for me to start playing again as a way to bond. Lol. Anyway, I loaded it up at work and Holy Crow! There are about 25 poke-stops in a one-mile radius from my branch! My branch is in a little tiny shore town with a popular beach and boardwalk and they are everywhere! I think I just found my new walking route!

So from now on I'm bringing my sneakers and walking before/after/on break at work! I'm actually really excited about this! Definitely going to lose a few pounds doing this!

What a good way to get walking in -- and fun! My grandsons collect the pokemon cards, but I don';t think they actually play the game.
  • MLHC1
    6/14 Wednesday JFT:

Failed my plan due to overwhelming stress :(

-Premade slow cook meal for dinner, put in slow cooker before leaving the house this a.m.✔
    -Attend class✔
    -Meet w/ professor✔
    -Intro. Kid's Yoga (if DVD shipment arrives)❌
    -Yoga 40 min.❌
    -Run on elliptical for 30 min.❌
    -Physics Complete Online HW-1✔✔✔
    -Physics Exam I prep and review✔✔✔
    -Physics Lab HW✔
    -Attend Jui Jitsu class 5:30 - 7:30pm❌
    -Log meals on MFP✔
    -Bedtime by midnight!❌