Stomach looks bigger

Hey everyone :) so I've lost almost 50lbs (from 220-172) and I'm 5'9 .....I finally no longer have back fat *woo hoo* I'm happy with my legs and arms... But my stomach....what the hell....its like the smaller I get...the bigger its getting and/or appears ....I admit I've lost all my weight strictly from diet alone...as per doctors orders I am only allowed on the exercise bike with the back on it..which I've just started this week...I'm not bloated... I'm going #2 lol so what gives?? Any advice please ..Im feeling so frustrated now and just see a big spare tire when I look in the mirror :'(

Replies

• LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Okay...Please don't take this wrong. I'm totally not being a smart-*kitten* because it happened to my sister-in-law, who couldn't figure out why she was getting bigger for months...are you 100% certain you're not pregnant?
  • geraldiopal
    geraldiopal Posts: 17 Member
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    Okay...Please don't take this wrong. I'm totally not being a smart-*kitten* because it happened to my sister-in-law, who couldn't figure out why she was getting bigger for months...are you 100% certain you're not pregnant?

I'm 10000% sure lol I had my fallopian tubes fully REMOVED in October so there is Zero chance of any pregnancy ever again
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    If you don't exercise, it could be weak abdominal muscles. I don't know how you would fix that without exercise.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Are you actually measuring it? My bum is the same. I lost weight quickly around the middle (stomach and back) and my bum is smaller but hasnt shrunk in comparison so looks bigger. I have already started to have to deal with the back gap of my youth where as a few kilos ago my stomach was is issue when finding clothes to fit.

Unfortunately the only thing is to keep losing weight until your happy or re composition if you are happy with your current weight.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Wow, congratulations on your weight loss! My guess is that as you reach your goal, your stomach will decrease in size. Hard to be patient, for sure. I've heard that the last bit of weight in a trouble spot is the last to go, but you've made such steady progress! Maybe your doctor will clear you for adding in some core-strengthening exercises, and that could help.
  • geraldiopal
    30kgin2017 wrote: »
    Are you actually measuring it? My bum is the same. I lost weight quickly around the middle (stomach and back) and my bum is smaller but hasnt shrunk in comparison so looks bigger. I have already started to have to deal with the back gap of my youth where as a few kilos ago my stomach was is issue when finding clothes to fit.

Unfortunately the only thing is to keep losing weight until your happy or re composition if you are happy with your current weight.

I haven't been @measuring ....but think its something I need to start doing! Maybe if I see actual numbers instead of what I see in the mirror
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    If that is you in the profile pics before and after your stomach is much smallerand you have made fantastic progress
  • geraldiopal
    Wow, congratulations on your weight loss! My guess is that as you reach your goal, your stomach will decrease in size. Hard to be patient, for sure. I've heard that the last bit of weight in a trouble spot is the last to go, but you've made such steady progress! Maybe your doctor will clear you for adding in some core-strengthening exercises, and that could help.

Thank you
  • geraldiopal
    amtyrell wrote: »
    If that is you in the profile pics before and after your stomach is much smallerand you have made fantastic progress

Great name...my son is named Tyrell :p Thank you very much
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    If you have lost more inches from everywhere else, it can make your stomach appear larger, even if you have lost weight there.

I lost weight so much faster everywhere else that it made my stomach look bigger.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    After babies the stomach doesn't want to get thinner that's for sure! Mine will definitely be that last thing to go.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    It's an optical illusion. When I put on a sports bra which squishes my boobs down my belly looks twice as big as it did 2 minutes earlier. As mentioned previously your photos show you have deffo shrunk all over.
  • manhnguyen123
    manhnguyen123 Posts: 40 Member
    Might also be the face that your carb intake might be on the high side. Your body might not be utilizing the carbs properly and it's making you bloated or it's storing as body fat so it's not coming off your stomach as fast.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Same here. People assure me the belly will go eventually if I just keep working at it. My legs, butt and chest shrank dramatically in 30lbs and my waist is actually 4 inches smaller than when I started, so there is progress it can just be hard to see sometimes. I'm just going to keep plugging along and trust the process. I have about 20 lbs left to lose, so here's hoping.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Might also be the face that your carb intake might be on the high side. Your body might not be utilizing the carbs properly and it's making you bloated or it's storing as body fat so it's not coming off your stomach as fast.

Carbs don't store as fat while in a caloric deficit. There is no net fat storage while in a deficit regardless of the macro composition of your diet.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Definitely start measuring. As you lose, your proportions change. So it might look bigger compared to the rest of you, but I bet it's getting smaller. Just keep going and be patient, it will come off.