Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Updating on W evening since will be at conference all day R. After a late start to my work day, it ended in wild fashion. 50 minutes before end of work day, everyone's weather alert went off, and we all trod down to the basement b/c of tornado warning...w/i minutes, the power went out. Lights then flickered and generator kicked in for limited services. Eventually worst stuff passed, and we all went back upstairs (an extra 3 flights for me!), but something screwy happened to my office door and one other in the dept. The magnetic lock wouldn't undo. Building maintenance was able to open doors after numerous attempts, still without normal power, and then time to go! Thankfully everyone stayed safe, but there is damage around town, apparently several tornadoes were in the area.

Recap W 6/14 - no dog walk before work, turned off early alarm and proceeded to oversleep :/
    1) Before happy hour after work, look up menu online and choose something to order that won't bust the calories, then stick with decision = Previewed menu online, had several decent choices, decided and ordered the same - that's a big thing for me! :smiley:
    2) Have one adult beverage with friends (sounds better than "only" or "limit") = Very small group tonight, probably due to weather, so very easy for me to stick with 1 pint of beer, which I enjoyed immensely. :smiley:
    3) Walk dog if not raining / have time this evening = no walk, weather not completely safe...found home had temporarily lost power as well, and spent some time checking house / resetting clocks :(
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = plan to, have to leave home 7:30 R a.m.

Just for R 6/15 - attend a conference all day, breakfast & lunch included
    1) Make wise food choices however possible, and log later
    2) Drink at least 8 c. water / hopefully provided at conference
    3) Walk dog in evening / probably short route since hot (upper 80s F) & humid predicted
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off / have 1/2 day conference on F and leave home 7:30 a.m.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday was really tough as I anticipated! Didn't manage to cope as planned - I ended up rather stressed. A big part of this is that I didn't have any kind of break at all - I ate my lunch in a meeting. I know that having a lunch break is crucial for my sanity (which is why I often have it on here as a goal!) - not having one meant that the stress just built up over the day as I didn't have any opportunity to step back and breathe.

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except ryvita if STARVING :| I had some thai crackers as I was still in the office at 7 and willpower just couldn't last any longer...however I did resist a massive tray of cakes!
    - No alcohol :'( Ended up going to pub with boyfriend to make up for rubbish day. I had one cider
    - Be in the green with 100 deficit :'( -500, will have to make it up another day

- 30 minute lunch break :'(
    - Meditate :'(
    - Stay calm - it's just a job! :'(
    - Use music/ breathing/ positive thoughts to stay positive :'(
    - Focus on the key priorities and only open emails 4 times (max) :|
    - Switch back to training slides at end of day and get the bulk of them done :'(
    - Leave laptop at work so can run to work tomorrow :'( This was partly because health problem flared up again so was actually feeling quite uncomfortable and couldn't anticipate running. I am feeling a bit better now though

Today - lunch break!!!!

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - Eat lunch I brought in - don't forget! (Like yesterday)
    - No alcohol - have calming tea/ calming music/ a bath instead
    - Be in the green with 100 deficit

- 30 + minute lunch break outside
    - Meditate
    - Focus on training slides today (don't be perfectionist)
    - Look at emails at hourly intervals, but keep closed the rest of the time for focus
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Leave work by 6pm to prevent evening snacking. Finish work at home if needed
  • bookmeister86
    @OConnell5483 I think there are lots of similarities between our work attitudes / approaches / situations!

Both of us need to chill out and look after ourselves a bit more - not let work take over our lives.

I find that very hard though - particularly my current job as it's the most worthwhile job I've ever done - it's about helping people with financial difficulties. I'm very good at putting myself last because every project genuinely is important for real people's lives (in theory).

My boyfriend said something recently that I found quite helpful though, which you might too. He said 'you have to learn to put yourself first and not care so much. If you don't, you'll end up burning out/ quitting and then you won't be any use to anyone'.

It really made me think.... i'm trying to follow his advice!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    By the way, I've started taking a screen shot of my daily post and making it the home screen on my phone.

Reminds me throughout the day of what I'm supposed to be doing - otherwise I often forget!

Thought I'd share in case anyone else finds this useful!

That's a well good idea!
    I always forget my goals
    And half the time I forget to post goals and I go searching through the thread for non existent goals :sweat_smile:
  • Bex953172
    joan6630 wrote: »
    OK --- going to resist that ice cream. Off to zumba class!!!! I want the scale to move this week!!

And that is how its done people :sweat_smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited June 2017

1. Log all that I eat :)
    2. Keep till balanced :)
    3. Ask for help if I need it :)
    4. Have a great, stress-free day at work :)
    5. Do some kind of exercise after work(gym/dance video/walk) :)Went for a walk!
    6. Clean bathroom :/
    7. Make yummy dinner w/ green veggie! :)Well red veggie. Had cherry tomatoes in it
    8. Spend time working on writings :D
    9. Bed by 10 pm :DWas spending time with the DH and listening to him and his friend playing video games. It was rather entertaining!

Yesterday was a great day! I swear since I went away the weekend before last my whole life has changed! My whole outlook on my future and my career choice have completely turned around! I'm having such a better time at work and things are just going so much better now! I cant believe I'm coming home every day with a smile on my face and in a good mood! I dont feel defeated anymore. I dont feel inadequate or like I'm underperforming! It seriously is the best feeling! I love it! I feel like I'm on a high every day I come home from work! A natural high that is. Lol.

As for my goals for today!

1. Log all that I eat
    2. Keep till balanced
    3. Ask for help if I need it
    4. Go for a walk before work
    5. Enjoy time with the DH tonight
    6. Work on formatting short story
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner tonight with yummy green veggies!
    8. Be in bed by 10 pm with lights out and laptop/tablet down!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    6/15 Thursday JFT:

Alright, yesterday was a bust! So keep it simple and straight forward today. Stay focused and do not stress out......Remember, you've got this B)

Attend class
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Complete Online Physics HW 1 (due tonight)
    Study for Physics Exam (on Friday :/ )
    Log meals on MFP (careful on the snacks, drink kava tea for stress relief instead on reaching for "comfort food")
    Bedtime by midnight.

Ok....here I go! B)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member

jasden6297 wrote: »
    Well I am starting today fresh because I let bad habits take over after my daughter died in 2012 and now I am at an all time high of 227 as of yesterday. I feel like a baby trying to walk again. I know how to lose weight and have done it before, but food has been my friend for far too long and I just want to make it a casual acquaintance. Yesterday I accomplished my first goals and that was just to join this site again. So today my goals are short but hopefully simple.

1. track every thing I intake today
    2. drink 4, 16oz glasses of water
    3. keep the 6 small meals since that worked yesterday
    4. remind myself I am doing this for me and my family
    5. stick to 1200 to 1400 calories

jasden6297, good for you for taking steps towards achieving good health. You deserve it. I'm very sorry about the loss of your daughter and I know that we carry that sorrow with us for a long time. This is a wonderful group that you can share with and know that you have our support. You've got some excellent goals set up for yourself and I wish you all the best.

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Preplanned all suppers this week (one of you inspired me to do this-THANK YOU!)
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 9:30pm.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walk dog 30 mins at hilly park.
    Weight lifting at affiliate gym-did two rounds yesterday at (2 sets of 12) Not as intimidated as I was. :smiley:
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep.
    Drink 10 cups of water.
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks. Back on track with this challenge!
    In need of some self care...massage, pedi, anything ;)
    Saw a recent photo of myself & I'm not happy about how I appear...still processing it. Positive thoughts.

Have a great day!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member

so , JFT - yesterday

1. DO NOT EAT ANY ICE CREAM TONITE!!!!! :) Survived without the ice cream! But some reason, it was a struggle last nite - I just wanted to eat something. So ... we made popcorn. But, since I went to zumba, even though calories were higher than I wanted, I think I was OK
    2. sip on water. I am not hungry --- just thirsty :) 6 glass of "root beer" flavored water last nite. Which meant I was up about every 2 hours throughout the nite :/
    3. read my response cards :)
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) Unable to sleep last nite, but still made it to the gym this morning!
    5. finish sewing up the quilt I am working on :/
    6. leave for zumba in 30 minutes --- Yah, thats what I'll do tonite :):)

JFT, THursday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. work on business bookkeeping - I am SO far behind
    4. laundry
    5. go to quilt meeting tonite -- do not eat the free snacks they provide
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Hi everyone! Been in a bit of pain, so haven't been moving too much. Yesterday we had the same tornado warning that @cschmitz110515 spoke of. I had just returned home from physical therapy so was in a lot of pain, and then had to go down into the basement and back up those stairs. Those stairs were very hard on my leg. Our electricity went out also around 4:00 pm yesterday and didn't come back until 7:00 a.m. this morning. So, I didn't have the electric ice water pump to hook up to my leg during the night. With the power off for so long, our ice was melting in the freezer so had to get up multiple times throughout the night to refill bag with ice cubes to ice my knee and today I am paying for it. How is THAT for whining? LOL!

One day at a time. My honey is really taking good care of me, except he is a little over protective. Brought me cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries for breakfast. Yum. healthy and delicious.

Welcome to everyone who is back after a little break and welcome to new members!

Just for Today/Thursday:
    1. Make healthy food choices. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate with water
    3. Do knee therapy exercises as assigned to strengthen muscles
    4. Rest and heal. don't push it.
    5. take a nap and try to catch up on missed sleep
    6. Find quiet place and do some reading.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member

Recap yesterday
    JFT 06-14-2017
    <3 10,000+ steps
    <3 64 oz + H20
    <3 Eat 3 veg - olives, salad greens, cucumber, bell peppers, tomato
    <3 Eat two fruit - peach, grapes
    <3 Bed by 10:45 - lights out by 11:00
    :( Work - Finish MIP reconciliation
    :| Work - Separate UTC6 quarters unreconciled - move to Friday
    :| Work - Build files for Workers Comp audit data for Q4 2016 & Q1 2017 - move to July?

JFT 06-15-2017
    • It's Payday. Be happy about that!
    • 10,000+ steps
    • 64 oz + H20
    • Eat 3 veg - carrots, yummy orange bell pepper, cabbage
    • Eat two fruit
    • Bed by 11:00
    Today and Friday
    • Work - Finish MIP reconciliations
    • Work Document PR encumbrance process & post on intranet

• Bex953172
    Hi everyone! Been in a bit of pain, so haven't been moving too much. Yesterday we had the same tornado warning that @cschmitz110515 spoke of. I had just returned home from physical therapy so was in a lot of pain, and then had to go down into the basement and back up those stairs. Those stairs were very hard on my leg. Our electricity went out also around 4:00 pm yesterday and didn't come back until 7:00 a.m. this morning. So, I didn't have the electric ice water pump to hook up to my leg during the night. With the power off for so long, our ice was melting in the freezer so had to get up multiple times throughout the night to refill bag with ice cubes to ice my knee and today I am paying for it. How is THAT for whining? LOL!

One day at a time. My honey is really taking good care of me, except he is a little over protective. Brought me cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries for breakfast. Yum. healthy and delicious.

Welcome to everyone who is back after a little break and welcome to new members!

Just for Today/Thursday:
    1. Make healthy food choices. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate with water
    3. Do knee therapy exercises as assigned to strengthen muscles
    4. Rest and heal. don't push it.
    5. take a nap and try to catch up on missed sleep
    6. Find quiet place and do some reading.

Oh no! Talk about bad timing!!!
    I'm glad we don't get tornados in the UK. Its just miserable all year!
    One bit of sun over here and everyone goes crazy :lol:

I wish you a speedy recovery!!
  • bookmeister86
    Today's commitments were -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except ryvita :'( No, didn't do this. I caved and had a cake at work (they'd been left in the kitchen and were staring at me every time I went to make tea). I also had some saucisson and a small pack of sweets before dinner as my boyfriend got back late and I was HUNGRY. I need to get a handle on my hunger, it's been ridiculous lately. I think my stomach has been stretched by recent over eating...
    - Eat lunch I brought in - don't forget! (Like yesterday) :)
    - No alcohol - have calming tea/ calming music/ a bath instead :):) Very pleased with this as I actually really fancied some after a stressful day. But I meditated/drank tisane and felt much better!
    - Be in the green with 100 deficit :'( -200. I basically can't get a deficit without exercise with my current appetite

- 30 + minute lunch break outside :| I managed a quick 15 outside. Not enough but better than yesterday
    - Meditate :)
    - Focus on training slides today (don't be perfectionist) :| I managed to do quite a bit but couldn't manage not to get sucked into the current massive crisis. They are nearly finished though! (Which is just as well as I have to deliver them at 11.30. Going to have to finish them on the train on way in!)
    - Look at emails at hourly intervals, but keep closed the rest of the time for focus :| I managed for a little bit
    - Listen to music to boost mood :| Forgot but was ok
    - Leave work by 6pm to prevent evening snacking. Finish work at home if needed :)

Tomorrow's commitments -

- Log everything I eat (by Sat a.m.)
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - Max 4 sandwiches at lunch and no crisps
    - At dinner only one out of starter/chips/dessert (to go with steak)
    - Drink one water for every wine

- Finish training slides first thing before getting sucked into anything else
    - Make the most of mini breaks in training - have a quick mini meditate
    - Leave work by 6pm latest
  • jasden6297
    jasden6297 Posts: 7 Member
    jasden6297 wrote: »
    So far so good. I was successful yesterday so here goes for today:

1. stick to 6 meals
    2. shop for healthy foods today
    3. log meals on MFP
    4. treadmill for 30 min
    5. bedtime by 10:30
    6. 64 oz. water

Ai did everything but the treadmill
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Will be happy to be part of this thread/challenge.
    I have been a MFP member since Aug 2012. I have gained and lost weight over the past few years and decided to get very serious this year to commit to a healthy lifestyle.
    Starting weight Jan 8th 2017......239.1 lbs
    Goal weight ......175
    Present weight .......201.3lbs
    Total wt loss .......37.8 lbs

Plan
    Continue daily logging. Have logged in for 1763 days now.
    Plan and prepare meal ahead.
    Eat 2-3 fruits daily.
    Eat 2-4 vege daily.
    Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
    Go to the gym 3-5 days
    Continue to weigh daily. I use Happy Scale App for monitoring my weight.
    Do body measurements every 2 weeks.

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member

1. Log all that I eat <3
    2. Keep till balanced <3
    3. Ask for help if I need it <3
    4. Go for a walk before work <3
    5. Enjoy time with the DH tonight <3
    6. Work on formatting short story :/
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner tonight with yummy green veggies! :'(Turned out to be a pizza night. Ordered a 14" this time and ate half of it. I had to guesstimate that, but it wasn't as bad as I thought though.
    8. Be in bed by 10 pm with lights out and laptop/tablet down! <3Most likely. It's only 9:06 pm and I'm already exhausted. I think it's about to be bed time.

Today was a great day! Had a really really nice walk around town this morning. Had a great day at work. Got a whole bunch of my information about the Hogwarts Challenge that I am a part of this time around. It was a pizza night, which I guess wasn't too great, but I ordered a 14" for the DH and I. We ate the whole thing and I had to guesstimate the calories, but with my hour long walk this morning gave me enough calories to cover it plus some. Lol.

As for my goals for tomorrow,

1. Log all that I eat
    2. Go for walk before work
    3. Keep till balanced
    4. Ask for help if I need it
    5. Prelog food for the day
    6. Go food shopping in the AM
    7. Brainstorm outline for new book
    8. Fix cover issue for poetry book
    9. Spend time with the DH in the evening
    10. Bed with lights off/tablet down by 10:30 pm

Have a great night everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    12774 wrote: »
    Will be happy to be part of this thread/challenge.
    I have been a MFP member since Aug 2012. I have gained and lost weight over the past few years and decided to get very serious this year to commit to a healthy lifestyle.
    Starting weight Jan 8th 2017......239.1 lbs
    Goal weight ......175
    Present weight .......201.3lbs
    Total wt loss .......37.8 lbs

Plan
    Continue daily logging. Have logged in for 1763 days now.
    Plan and prepare meal ahead.
    Eat 2-3 fruits daily.
    Eat 2-4 vege daily.
    Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
    Go to the gym 3-5 days
    Continue to weigh daily. I use Happy Scale App for monitoring my weight.
    Do body measurements every 2 weeks.

37.8 lbs already? Good for you! You're doing wonderful! Glad to have you join us!