Do you eat pizza every week?

Replies

• lisamleblanc
    lisamleblanc Posts: 2 Member
    Yup! Just not 4 or more slices like I used to. I eat a big salad and enjoy 1 or 2 slices every Friday.
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Yep I do!! I buy little frozen single serve pizzas from the supermarket which are great for lunch. About 326 calories. I'd probably get more pizza having half a large vegeterian thin crust but the little ones are good for portion control lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Not once a week. Once a month.
    Not afraid to eat it just eating lots of other things.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I have celiac disease and GF pizza is expensive so I don't eat it weekly. I do go out to eat once a week though. Yesterday was my youngest kid's birthday. We ate Chick-fil-A (where I had salad because I had chosen other things earlier in the day) and the Sweet Frog frozen yogurt (which I topped with peanuts and whipped cream.)
    Depriving g myself just leads to binges.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,122 Member
    No. When I found out that my favorite pizza was 450 calories a slice, and 2 slices don't keep me full for more than 2 hours, I quit eating pizza. Frankly was never a huge fan of pizza anyway, so I really don't miss it.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Every couple weeks normally since we don't have any decent pizza in my town and the nearest is 30 minutes away.

Its just food guilt. We get it in our heads if we eat something "not clean" we won't lose weight even if we are within our calories. Just ignore that. If your eating nutritionally dense foods/ balanced foods most of the time, who cares if you eat something a little less here and there?

two slices of my favorite pizza in the world is 750 ish calories. And I enjoy every damn bite.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I did pizza every week for the first few months of my weight loss. Eventually I got tired of pizza though. Who knew that was a thing?
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    I make pizza at home every Sunday night, and the gf and I split it. It's pretty big, but I've never tried to figure out how many calories it is -- I don't count calories on the weekend.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    What a bizarre question...and yes I do!!. I love pizza and while I was losing weight I used to buy a Blue Menu pizza every week and eat it as dinner. Only 640-680 calories with a super thin crust. When I finished losing weight I decided to try and make my own pizza for the first time in my life. I found Jenny Jones had started a cooking channel on YT and she had a recipe or method for making pizza in a skillet so I followed her suggestions but made the crust from whole grain flour and some added protein powder. My first version of it was huge and weight in around 1500 calories cooked in my largest skillet. I ate the whole thing but it was really too much food for one sitting. After that I split it into a medium and small, ate the medium for dinner and froze the small to eat during the week. Medium usually weighs in around 1200 calories and the small around 600. I've missed it the last couple of weeks but I hope to get back on the bandwagon tomorrow B)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I usually have pizza or something similar (tonight was spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread and wine) every week.

If that slice from Whole Foods fits your calories, how would it harm your weight loss?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Not a huge fan of pizza but I eat McD's and burgers almost everyday.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    On average I probably do eat it once a week and lost just fine. Enjoy your pizza and let the evidence speak for itself, no need to demonise it, it's not bad for you if you moderate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    If I wanted pizza every week, I'd have no problem making it fit. I'm just really picky about my pizzas... so I'd rather go to a GOOD pizza place and eat 800 calories worth once a month.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I make a small pizza for my dinner several times a week. It's about a 500 calorie meal.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Yes! Usually our Friday night staple! Although we did pasta last night because we had pizza on Sunday. We always get it with a big family style salad, and I have a plate of that first. I usually go into my exercise calories on pizza days.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    No.. Maybe once every few weeks.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    This week I did...Bbq (sauce) chicken and bacon, with mushrooms, red pepper, and roast pumpkin. It was delicious! Salad on the side. All made at home (besides the sugar free bbq sauce), including the base.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    No I don't. I am not fan of pizza (or the calories) so I only eat a slice or two (thin pizza) when my husband has a craving for, and that is a couple of times a year.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    We probably ate pizza every week when I was growing up. As a kid I was never told that I shouldn't eat 4 slices of pizza. Now I'm slimmer than I was when I was 11 or 12. It's just hard for me to have a pizza night.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited June 2017
    Usually not every week, but at least twice a month. As long as it isn't causing you to exceed your calorie goal, it isn't going to hurt your weight loss progress.