OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    "You have just the right amount of tools in your belt"
    Funny you should use those words because when people ask me about my weight loss (which is all the time) they often ask me what will I do once I've reached my goal? I always say that I'm not even worried about it because there are any number of options available, and that this process has given me a number of tools that I can use to maintain my weight when I'm ready too..
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing great!!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Great going!!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You're doing so well!
  • hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2017
    06/14 - 198.00 (OMAD Day 79) b]-47.00 lbs[/b *0g Carbs* 24 HOUR FAST Well I said I would re-evaluate the situation after weigh in today. In my mind I needed to be at 197.60 today in order to do another feed day. As it turns out I stayed the same so today I pull the trigger on my next 42 hour extended fast. I have an extra day in the tank for reserves, I'm feeling fine so it should go off without an issues. I would expect (based on previous experiences) to come in at around 196.60 or so tomorrow. We shall see if history continues to be a good indicator. So far its been pretty spot on :)
    0ec7o1f4ir6w.jpg
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Great job! It's nice when you get it figured out and can be so frustrating when there is no apparent pattern. :smile:
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/15 - 196.40 (OMAD Day 80) [ -48.60 lbs ] 0g Carbs 42 HOUR FAST * NEW 30+ YEAR LOW!
    I was not too far off on my prediction for today :) I am so thankful for the loss and the direction I am heading. I love that I have been able to avoid plateaus on this 80 day journey as that had been such an issue for me in the past. Truly this "mixing things up" that I discovered from Dr Fung's fasting podcast has really proven to be a game changer for me. I'm not going to lie I am really looking forward to my Chick-Fil-A 4X this morning - I already have my "Morton's Lite Salt" shaker next to my car keys.

It's hard to believe that the last time I saw this weight was in the big 80's. Such a shame that I let all those years pass before figuring all of this out. I struggle with that often at age 55. I know I have to not give into that and just look at the positives that the future brings. Still I can't help but think of all the experiences I missed because of my self image. The parties I did not attend, the vacations I did not take, the opportunities I let pass me by out of embarrassment. I will reflect today but turn that page and my focus to what lies ahead and for that I am so very excited.
    bgymqg6c9dfi.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Congratulations!! You are doing awesome.
  • OMAD2017
    Wow wow wow!! You're doing fantastic!! Yep, stay focused on today, can't do anything about yesterday. My weight has beenbouncingup & down a # for a few days & I'm becoming suspicious of salt. I have some Morton's lite, time to dig it out. Enjoy your bowls!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    To the future!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    So cool!!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/16 - 197.00 (OMAD Day 81) [ -48.00 lbs ] 36g Carbs 30 HOUR FAST
    A little bit bigger bounce than what I have seen in the past but still nothing to be concerned about. I was wondering if I was just going to bypass the 197's all together. I got the question answered today.

I am at hour 24 of a 30 hour fast at the moment. When I reach 30 at 1:00 PM or so I will end it with a "go to" meal with a possibility of swapping the sardines for some sashimi. We shall see how that turns out.

My plans at this time would be to follow this 30 hour fast with at least one 24 hour fast and possibly 2 but we will see IF things are progressing in the right direction. What do I mean by IF, well I literally follow a decision tree that looks like this.

>>>>> IF after today's 30 hour fast for instance I continue back down and then do the same after the 24 hour fast the following day I would consider yet another 24 hour fast before engaging in the next 42 hour fast (aka extended fast).

>>>>> IF however after my first 24 hour fast I start climbing and giving away some of the losses from the last 42 hour fast, I will immediately deploy the next 42 hour fast.

I feel this is why it is so important that I weigh every day. In the past by now I would been stuck in at least one or more plateaus for long periods of time. My answer this time around is to "shake things up" which translates to adding in extended fasts. I know they sound horrible, after all who wants to eat less than they already are but make no mistake they work.

I believe that if I want success in this as quickly as possible, and after all who doesn't want that, I really need to be adjusting and reacting to what I am seeing on a daily basis. For me in the past these long periods of not losing anything or worst yet bouncing back up and down, just chipped away at my confidence level which ultimately lead to me giving up. I have changed my approach this time and so far anyway it has paid nice dividends.
    svn32kr677ep.jpg
  • blambo61
    Just get there. Getting there fast is nice, but be careful. Don't hurt yourself or make it so hard that you can't do it.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Amazing!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You got this! Awesome :)
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/17 - 196.80 (OMAD Day 82) [ -48.20 lbs ] 0g Carbs 24 HOUR FAST
    Heading back down in the right direction, just .40 away from my recent low off of the last 42 hour extended fast. I will have another "go to" meal today in hopes of either staying the same or a bonus would be to get even .20 closer to the low. Either way I am set up nicely tomorrow for the next extended fast where I would expect to take out 196 and register something in the 195's. I am traveling 7 hours so I have to consider that as well. This will be a game time decision immediately after check in tomorrow.

Just as a side note, one thing I have noticed that has happened as a result of this way of living over the past 82 days is that I have somehow gravitated to waking up earlier and becoming more of a morning person. It is not uncommon now for me to awake at 5:30 AM and be ready for the day. Contrast that to before where I would find it hard to get up naturally by 8:00 or 8:30 and more often had to rely on my alarm clock to get me up. I want to believe some of this is due to the reduced carbohydrates in my day to day life but I think too some of it is due to the fasting. Either way it is a nice side effect that I welcome in my life.qdm089pcukx2.jpg

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I've found the same side effect, getting up earlier and getting more accomplished. It's just an overall more healthier lifestyle.
  • blambo61
    I get up earlier also. About 5-5:30 each day. I like it!
  • hjstewart40
    edited June 2017
    06/18 - 197.80 (OMAD Day 83) [ -47.20 lbs ] 9g Carbs 24 HOUR FAST
    I gambled by going with back to back 24 hour fasts as opposed to a 42 hour fast yesterday and it back fired on me a bit. This bounce is unexplained which is to say the body can be at times for me still. I did choose to eat the steak my wife prepared with grilled onions instead of my pre-made frozen portions and did have a half of serving of her baked zucchini (not pictured) which I substituted with my typical tin of sardines (seemed like a fair swap calorie wise). That still does not explain a full pound bounce. I do feel like I am retaining water for whatever reason today as my ring is tight. Hopefully I can flush all that out today. Driving 7 hours makes getting the liquids in a little tricky.

I'm going to start taking 500 mg of Magnesium nightly as my calf and foot cramps are a real thing at night. I had one last night in my right calf and thought I would never get it to let go. I used to take these many years ago but will start back on those today.

I will deploy a 42 hour fast today with hopes that much of this bounce will be eliminated and I will still track to a new low at tomorrow's check in. I should have known the 197's were not going to let me ignore them. Ok, we met, we said hello, now its time to say goodbye :)

*HAPPY FATHER'S DAY* to all you fathers out there!!

x9ovvzvh7nx7.jpg

x2isrgk6h6ps.png
  • OMAD2017
    You're doing great! Isn't is nice when you have a little bounce & you're still in Onederland? :)