Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Hello group
    I am not always the best daily poster. Somedays I just can’t seem to throw myself out there. But I usually get online at least once and check up on everyone’s goings on.

@Bex953172 – I would love to see a picture of the geese, especially the goslings. We used to have a white geese flock on our street and I miss having to get out of my car and chasing them out of the road. I think coyotes got them all eventually. They were domestic. And Bex, I think it’s too late; I think you are a birdwatcher. Now all you need is a notebook to log.

@OConnell5483 – So glad to hear your recovery is going well. What’s good on Netflix?

@Joan6630 – you will be traveling on the Summer Solstice! Lot’s of daylight for you.

@HGSmith0920 – Fascinated by the book. There is so much under a person’s surface.

So my next few days will be a challenge. I have an out of town annual conference. I love the conference – I always learn valuable work things – but the food is so good that it is a trial. And we have to go schmooze the vendors at their evening parties. Must. Be. Good.

However that is not until tomorrow. Just for today
    • 10,000+ steps
    • 64+ oz Water
    • Make stir fry for dinner – use vegetables in bin before leaving for 4 days
    • Clean bathrooms
    • Vacuum
    • Dust downstairs
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2017

Can't believe I blew off Sunday on JFT!
    I came home from church with a bad migraine, did some chores and got the kids sorted out so I could take a nap & let migraine med work. It was definitely triggered by humidity which we're in the thick of here on the East coast of Massachusetts.

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Need to limit my processed foods. My joints ache if I eat too much of them & I'm prone to bingeing on them.
    Drink 16 oz of warm water with juice from one lemon. So far so good.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 10pm.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walk dog 30 mins at hilly park, hopefully cooler as it's on the coast.
    Weight lifting at affiliate gym-did two rounds yesterday at (2 sets of 12) Can I do 3?? Still trying!
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Do the 20 min meditation online.
    Try yoga nidra tonight for relaxation/stress. Heard about it & need to try something new.
    Drink 10 cups of water.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.

My actions become my habits...good or bad.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Didn't succeed in everything today but decided to relax and have a Dos Equis before this crazy week :D
    If you don't enjoy life then why work so hard ;)

I totally agree! Since I joined MFP Nov. 2015 I have lost nearly 20# but VERY slowly. I even told my doctor, this is my lifestyle, not a diet. Why do this if I'm going to be miserable? :D
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap Sunday 6/18 - not sure if weather will cooperate = showers early morning & late afternoon
    1) Church 9 a.m. = yes, even got to see prospective new pastor :smiley:
    2) Walk dog = weather went from sunny to windy with sprinkles during walk so only 3 miles :smile:
    3) Do laundry / hang on line = two loads on line, almost dry & had to rush to get clothes inside before another shower completely soaked them / finished in dryer :)
    4) Find more pots and plant herbs = last herbs all potted! :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off, M means a work day = 10:45 not a great start to work week :(

JFT 6/19 M - with late bedtime, no dog walk before work
    1) Keep net calories in the green
    2) Before massage appt. this evening, eat protein / have sensible supper after
    3) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...want to walk dog before work T a.m.
  • jasden6297
    jasden6297 Posts: 7 Member
    Goals for today:

1. drink 64oz water
    2. stick to 6 small meals
    3. stay in the green
    4. get lunch and snacks ready for tomorrow
    5. some form of exercise today
  • cschmitz110515
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    (introvert at heart, people wear me out). :wink: :smiley:

Just the thought of people wears me out!!

Yes! LOL :D

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    @OConnell5483 Do you remember when I said I had that fight with the goose? It wasn't there today and I think I know why, I thinkk it was protecting eggs somewhere nearby that's why it was so aggressive.
    Because today as I was walking I saw one ahead and the more I came round the corner the more geese I could see!! 42!!! About 8adults and the rest baby geese (so cute!)
    And then I saw a heron! Birds galore haha

I like birds. I think I should become a bird watcher :lol:

Anyway,its now 6.25 and I'm still awake (after an iced coffee) and the girls are still asleep! Much needed me time!

I DO remember! LMAO! I laughed so hard at that! I'll bet you are right. Was protecting babies. They can be pretty aggressive anyway, but really aggressive when they have babies. I like birds too. My husband and I have a couple bird feeders outside, and he just hung a birdhouse that he made, which already has a sparrow living in it. I miss the wildlife we used to see when we lived in the country. We don't have as big of a variety of birds in the city, but we do have some cardinals that I think are beautiful.

Good thing all 42 geese didn't attack you! They might've kicked your *kitten*! hahaha!

• PackerFanInGB
    Just for Sunday:
    1. Stay in the green. :( Had BLT's for supper so between the wheat bread and the bacon, I went WAY over calories. I was so hungry for them though. Had corn on cob also, which upped my sugar and carbs too. Oh well, it's my favorite summer meal...gotta live too, right?
    2. <29g sugar :(
    3. <75g carbs :(
    4. 80 oz water or decaf tea :)
    5. knee therapy exercises x2 :)
    6. do at least one thing to be productive - declutter something? :) Cleaned up mail piles and counter tops in kitchen and paid bills.
    7. Read something inspirational and/or listen to podcast :smile:
    8. Early to bed, early to rise :wink: Better than I have been. Not as early as I wanted, but much better...so I'll take it as a win!

Can walk around the house without having to grab onto wall or furniture, so that is awesome! I want to get outside and take a walk but I know that I would get about 2 houses away and have to call my husband to come pick me up, so yeah...that's not gonna happen!

Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. 80 oz of water or decaf tea
    3. Knee therapy exercises x 2
    4. Do at least one productive thing for home
    5. Do at least one productive thing for work? Not supposed to be working while on medical leave but I'm really getting stressed out at how far behind I must be by now.
    6. Read or listen to something inspirational
    7. Journal. Meditate. Do something to try to bring down anxiety level.
    8. Say NO to ice cream tonight. Substitute FF cottage cheese and berries instead.
    9. Early to bed, early to rise. Make this into a habit.

So many good ideas and goals posted on here! Love this. I check in here way more often than I do Facebook these days. FB is full of drama, and you all are so motivating and kind to each other. Thank you everyone for taking the time to pop on here. It helps keep me going!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

Joan, is it your 40th anniversary? If so, congratulations to you both.
    Sara

Hi Sara = yes, we have been together actually 45 years! Celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary in April. Time goes by so fast
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    edited June 2017
    , SUNDAY
    1. log all food :/
    2. grill chicken tomorrow, and eat only a very small pieice of the ice cream cake I bought for fathers day. :) Well, I did really good all day again, until evening. I had bought a small ice cream cake - enough for each of us to have 1 piece, and then our daughter finished it off. But ... our daughter brought out 3 of those huge, fancy cupcakes. Those have to be 1000 calories each. I ate half of one, but then went later and ate the other half.
    3. celebrate the day with hubby of 40+ years and our daughter. :) A beautiful relaxing day, and then our son called in the evening.
    4. drink water :)
    5. work in the yard - weather is suppose to be cooler out :)
    6. lay out clothes tonite, so I can sneak into the gym very early sunday :) I went for a short workout in the morning, but then went with hubby again -- so got in 90 minutes at the gym!

@12774 -- congratulations on losing 38 pounds! Great job! I agree - get rid of those clothes!

@Bex953172 - what a wonderful way to start the day. Not only waking up not tired, but going on a nice quiet walk, and seeing all those little geese and birds! I love wildlife. And to see all those baby goosling - I also would love to see a picture if you get one!) . But I remember when out kids were small - that was my favorite time when I could get up earlier before they woke up, and enjoy the quietness of the house.

I started my day sitting in our patio room and watching two baby fawn in our yard. They are so precious (except they were munching on my flowers).

@HGSmith0920 - your book sounds very fascinating. I think it is wonderful for you to write. I plan on buying the kindle version!

Welcome to all new joiners! I love this thread - so many positive, encouraging people, all with great goals! We are all going to be success stories. No matter how long it takes!

JFT, Monday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. make boxes for shipping tomorrow
    4. work on business taxes
    5. help hubby getting ready to ship tomorrow
    6. get out suitcase
    7. mow grass

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    My streak hit 900 days today...no comment about how many of those involved actually tracking everything. ;)

Sunday:
    1. Track all food :neutral:
    2. under 100G carbs :)
    3. 5+ freggies :)
    4. Dance (salsa/bachata/Mex. cumbia) for at least two hours :)
    5. 10+ C water :)
    6. Plan/pre-track exercise for the week :)
    7. Get quarters and do laundry so that there is something to wear to the gym next week! :)

Monday:
    1. Weigh in
    2. Track all food
    2. under 100G carbs
    3. 5+ freggies
    4. weight circuit + Zumba
    5. 10+ C water
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    6/19 Monday JFT:

Attend class✔

[After classes today I received a call that changed my whole day; my husband was toiling around on the land and ran over bailing wire. Needless to say, this put his truck into the shop. So I played the role of an Uber driver today, lol. B) The following is a revision for the remainder of the day.]✔

Grocery Shop (just get dinner items for tonight)✔

Physics HW➡️this will be why I do not make my midnight bedtime :D

Run on elliptical for 30 min.✔

Precook turkey breakfast tacos for the week ❌(need to grocery shop to do this)

Dinner by 8 pm✔

Bedtime by midnight❌

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Good evening!

Had a really busy day at work and slept late this morning so I didnt really have time to post my goals. So we'll do a recap of the day!

1. Logged all food(even the binging I did on leftovers)
    2. Kept my till balanced(found the money I was missing)
    3. Didnt need to ask for help today!
    4. Helped the new girl with some basic transactions
    5. Got home before the superstorm hit
    6. Made a healthy dinner in the crockpot that got unplugged an hour or so into the cooking and came home to barely cooked chicken. Lol
    7. Had a salad for dinner and then binged on leftovers
    8. Posting on MFP forums
    9. Work on Hogwarts Challenges
    10. Spend time with the DH
    11. Bed by 10:30pm

Now! For tomorrow's goals! Lol

1. Log all food
    2. Do ALL the laundry
    3. Do chores(dishes/take out trash/clean bathroom)
    4. Fix cover of poem book
    5. Format SS
    6. Gym or walk
    7. Make a yummy dinner
    8. Spend time with the DH
    9. Bed by 10pm

Have a great night everyone!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 – I would love to see a picture of the geese, especially the goslings. We used to have a white geese flock on our street and I miss having to get out of my car and chasing them out of the road. I think coyotes got them all eventually. They were domestic. And Bex, I think it’s too late; I think you are a birdwatcher. Now all you need is a notebook to log.

I feel like I've let you all down! I did not get a picture of the geese!
    Coyotes?! Don't get them bizarre things in the U.K.!!

And binoculars, they're a must have!
  • PackerFanInGB

You certainly haven't let me down! I'm just living vicariously through your adventures! LOL!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member

You certainly haven't let me down! I'm just living vicariously through your adventures! LOL!

Haha, I could write a book! "Bex and her geese adventures!"
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member

You ladies crack me up! I just wish I had more time to read the comments.

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Need to limit my processed foods.
    Drink 16 oz of warm water with juice from one lemon.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 10pm. Struggle continues!
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walk dog 30 mins at park, she'll enjoy it but it will be muddy.
    Weight lifting at affiliate gym-don't know if I'll make it. My physical is today :neutral:
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Do the 20 min meditation online.
    Try yoga nidra tonight for relaxation/stress. Heard about it & need to try something new.
    Drink 10 cups of water.

Congratulations on 40 yrs Joan. Happy for you both! Have a great day everyone.
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    edited June 2017
    Just for today I'll:
    Sleep like a human (biggest challenge of all)
    Log every bite
    Eat at least 4 times, but better yet 5
    drink at least 64 oz. of water
    take more than 3,000 steps
    Cook dinner for four
  • cschmitz110515
    edited June 2017
    Recap 6/19 M - with late bedtime on Sunday, no dog walk before work
    1) Keep net calories in the green = I would have, if I didn't eat the 1.5 oz. bag of pretzels in the lounge after my massage...my tummy was growling & I needed something to tide me over to my very late supper :neutral:
    2) Before massage appt. this evening, eat protein / have sensible supper after = ate my protein but since I left spa just after 8 p.m., I altered plans to cook dinner, and went thru McDonald's drive-thru / got southwest salad with grilled chicken instead :smile:
    3) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...want to walk dog before work T a.m. = 10:06 & no dog walk T a.m., really needed the sleep, but dog so sad :#

JFT 6/20 T
    1) Meals / snacks pre-logged for today / stick with plan and keep net calories in the green
    2) Walk dog after work
    3) Minimum 2 or 3 evening chores: wash dishes, put away laundry, refill bird feeders (we have a gorgeous pair of orioles visiting!), grocery shop
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 w/ TV off...get back on track