New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Okay so I made the bars. I didn't use food coloring to make them look like cotton candy LOL so they didn't look very pretty. I added a few drops of some purple food coloring I had though because I thought would turn pink but didn't work so I ended up just mixing together and not doing the whole "swirl" thing in the instructions.

But the loranns flavoring.... 2/10 not very good would not recommend. Did NOT taste like cotton candy in my opinion it tasted like bubble gum, even smelled kind of like bubble gum. I hate bubble gum flavor. I was imagining it would taste like the sweet blue raspberry/strawberry cotton candy I am used to but it was way more bubble gum/butterscotch. I don't even know how to describe it other than it was not the cotton candy taste I am familiar with and would not buy again. Very sad because I was hoping this would be great to make other cotton candy products.

I have had their cinnamon roll flavoring that I've used to make my own cinnamon roll quest bars and actually thought they turned out better than quests, but did not like the cotton candy flavor.

I made 6 bars.
    I whisked dry:
    6 scoops of vanilla protein powder
    3 tsp loranns cotton candy flavoring
    3 tbsp vanilla almond butter
    180g vitafiber syrup
    I heated the IMO for 20 seconds and mixed it in.

each bar came to be 200 calories 23g protein

kbydekfmbhj7.jpg

My boyfriend loves bubble gum flavor so he said the bars were 9/10 and he said the taste was great and sweet like candy..... so I guess it depends if you like bubble gum.

I may try again tweaking the recipe a bit to get the flavor right. I am thinking I will maybe try with quest strawberry protein powder to give it a more cotton candy flavor or add some raspberry flavor. Or those awesome 0 cal flavorings I tried before (can't remember name but they came in small single serve packs) they had fruit loop flavoring and stuff I think would make it taste more like cotton candy.

Yay, thanks for the review!!! So glad I saw this before buying the cotton candy flavoring, I absolutely cannot stand the taste of bubble gum flavoring, and if it replaced cotton candy I'd probably be angry and write for a refund immediately :p I saw a recipe online for low carb protein donuts using confectioners swerve, which I've never tried before, so I bought two bags off Amazon, and I also found a purple ube McCormick flavoring! I love anything taro/purple ube, maybe I'm weird, but I'm definitely getting some of that vitafiber syrup if it's good to make protein bars with it since I know any sort of ube protein bars will never happen :p
  • hgycta
    Opened Target's Cartwheel app today and saw this... might be trying that cotton candy gum after all!
    kbdpv3b0uyma.png
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Okay so I made the bars. I didn't use food coloring to make them look like cotton candy LOL so they didn't look very pretty. I added a few drops of some purple food coloring I had though because I thought would turn pink but didn't work so I ended up just mixing together and not doing the whole "swirl" thing in the instructions.

But the loranns flavoring.... 2/10 not very good would not recommend. Did NOT taste like cotton candy in my opinion it tasted like bubble gum, even smelled kind of like bubble gum. I hate bubble gum flavor. I was imagining it would taste like the sweet blue raspberry/strawberry cotton candy I am used to but it was way more bubble gum/butterscotch. I don't even know how to describe it other than it was not the cotton candy taste I am familiar with and would not buy again. Very sad because I was hoping this would be great to make other cotton candy products.

I have had their cinnamon roll flavoring that I've used to make my own cinnamon roll quest bars and actually thought they turned out better than quests, but did not like the cotton candy flavor.

I made 6 bars.
    I whisked dry:
    6 scoops of vanilla protein powder
    3 tsp loranns cotton candy flavoring
    3 tbsp vanilla almond butter
    180g vitafiber syrup
    I heated the IMO for 20 seconds and mixed it in.

each bar came to be 200 calories 23g protein

kbydekfmbhj7.jpg

My boyfriend loves bubble gum flavor so he said the bars were 9/10 and he said the taste was great and sweet like candy..... so I guess it depends if you like bubble gum.

I may try again tweaking the recipe a bit to get the flavor right. I am thinking I will maybe try with quest strawberry protein powder to give it a more cotton candy flavor or add some raspberry flavor. Or those awesome 0 cal flavorings I tried before (can't remember name but they came in small single serve packs) they had fruit loop flavoring and stuff I think would make it taste more like cotton candy.

how was the texture? I've been wanting to buy the fiber to make these for ages!
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    These showed up in the "health food" section of my local Fred Meyer (Kroger). They are spendy and I have succesfully used the KetoConnect copycat recipe, so I will probably never purchase them.
    pw5zbjxjk9ms.jpg
    These I found at Fred's as well. They are pretty delicious, but I don't know if they will have them again since they were just on an end-cap display. The last time I found a cool product displayed that way (protein chips) they didn't have them the next time I went. They are sweetish and salty - I have tried adding some different seasonings (ranch and cheese - like you buy powdered for popcorn) but I think they might be good with paprika and garlic as kind of a barbecue flavor, I just haven't tried it yet. They still have the same calories by weight as regular chips, but they are low net carb (I am not promoting lowering carb intake, however I find that it helps me).
    djldf6dusl9d.jpg

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Went to Walmart and bought that new Healthy Choice Korean Beef Power Bowl. It's delicious (and very spicy!), but for close to $4 the portion was pathetic! The picture I took, mind you, was before I had any. The bowl was barely filled, less than half of it was full! Would get again if it was filled more.
    ckalb0xbpru4.jpg

Also saw Oreo O's finally! I still have way too much cereal to work through but this is definite motivation to start eating it all...
    jnd5kz44sqn1.jpg

omg I need to go now I am craving them, I just think of childhood I can taste them now LOL

I'm so jealous we cant find the Oreo O's anywhere in CT
  • leanitup123
    6161bh6rzxoj.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Not new, but bummed to see that Shop Rite seems to be phasing out Noosa... I suppose it was nice to find the strawberry rhubarb ones at $1 though (only flavor left). I hope they will get the new ones, although I'm afraid it will be 400 calories a tub or something...
  • hgycta
    edited June 2017
    Saw good reviews for Dixie Carb Counters Angel Food Puffs mix so I decided to splurge on Linda's Diet Delites' website and buy a pack. Very easy to make, just mixed 3/4 cup egg whites with one pack (each bag has six individual packs) and it makes six (HUGE) puffs. It's not terrible, but it isn't good either and definitely not something I plan on buying again. Tasted fake to me, but apparently others must like it so maybe I'm just ultra sensitive to artificial sweeteners today, who knows! About 22 calories per puff though, so it's hard to complain too much!!!
    5bu9ewlyftud.jpg
    uxvkhrw987w9.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2017
    fnlkz08i2udv.jpg
    3225luwq8hcr.jpg
    Want to try all dtstswdg8uz7.jpg
  • leanitup123

Do they not already have this flavor? Swear they did in the past...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    lzccyuy09daa.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    jofjvrbz0cd7.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    enlzjy48133a.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Tried watermelon pop tarts not very good tasted like jolly rancher exactly got free sample wouldn't buy on own. I liked the sourness wels03n9apbq.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Omg I'm sorry I posted so many of the same photos I was on my phone at the store lol I'm trying to delete now.

@leanitup123 the texture was very very similar to original quest bar when I made the same flavors and tried to recreate. The closest I got was adding the almond or some peanut butter as well as some chopped nuts. It took a lot of trial and error to get the amounts right and it's been different for every protein powder I've used. I like to use powdered nut butter sometimes because I like the quest bars to be a bit harder I actually dislike how the new formula is much softer
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    6161bh6rzxoj.jpg

I love lollipops. I must have these.
  • hgycta
    edited June 2017
    Saw this on Facebook and had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't for an international location... if anyone tries one of these please report back with your thoughts!
    I just checked and even the prickly pear flavor has mango syrup (I HATE mango) so I'll be passing on these but I think the idea is neat!
    ascmh59vlzky.png
  • hgycta
    Went to Regal Cinemas and noticed bagged movie theater popcorn... don't know if this is new but it's certainly new to me XD didn't see a price so I passed, has anyone here tried it? Is it that different from regular bagged popcorn with butter?
    iacnicylrrc2.jpg
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member

Do they not already have this flavor? Swear they did in the past...

OMG I LOVE luna bars I need to get my hands on this
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Im seriously losing it over halo top ice cream lol that stuff is amazing! Crazy how they can keep the calories low on it i paired it with a homemade low cal brownie it is awesome!