Ryback's Rebound and Recovery Journey

Replies

• OmadRyback
    OmadRyback Posts: 45 Member
    Glad to hear your doing well! Love the since of normalcy I get from OMAD. Being able to eat and fill full is my favorite part! I hear ya I would be gaining weight if I were not on the program.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Has to be feasible (just about any diet is) but also sustainable (getting full is key for me for long-term sustainability)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Has to be feasible (just about any diet is) but also sustainable (getting full is key for me for long-term sustainability)

Exactly!
  • OmadRyback
    Hey guys just wanna give yall a real quick update on my progress thus far. Just have two more days to go until I reach the one month mark on OMAD! Doing great and have not cheated yet. Have my temptations gotten stronger as the days progressed of coarse they have as I knew they would, however, I've been weathering the storm and waiting for my meal time to eat my meal. Right now in my life I don't really have much going for me besides OMAD. I honestly feel like a prison inmate with my body fat being a max security prison and OMAD the key to the exit gates. I am sure i'm not the only person who have felt as if they are a prisoner inside their own body. I'm sure many of you can relate. While I am wrapping this up I just wanted to share with yall part of the answer to my why question for being on the program. I have the mentality of what do I have to loose. I am 33 and I let my obesity keep me from being able to work a job. Despite my condition, circumstances, and my set backs I am still pushing forward with OMAD. Giving up and quitting is not an option. All of our stories can have an happy ending. We don't have to yo yo anymore. We can do this! Together!
  • OmadRyback
    Saturday was my hardest day yet. I went to the food bank that morning. Every two weeks this church down in Texas runs a food bank and boy do they have good food. Healthy food and yet some unhealthy food. They run this food bank to help out needy families who have trouble keeping food on the table due to fincial situations. Getting 5 to 7 cups of veggies a day is expensive and going here allows me the priviallage to do just that. Saturday they gave every car there a bag full of chocolates and at least three cakes. Instead of getting into the chocolates like I have done before OMAD I went straight to my mom with them and ended up giving them to a cousin with little ones. By my eating time I was starving, however, after my first few bites that went away and I was filling satisfied and full. Since OMAD my stomach satisfaction signals have gone way up. Have yall noticed that? I eat my meal and then I don't want anything else. I'm fully satisfied for hours. Even now I've not eating in 23 and a half hours and my energy levels are through the roof. My mind is focused as if I gave it a drug prescribed by a doctor to focus me.
  • OmadRyback
    My ADHD is certianly nutritionally linked.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    You're doing fantastic! And yes, get he same signals here. I have no problem waiting until my meal time. Well, except yesterday, I wanted breakfast at breakfast time so that's what I did. Then, I ate my meal today 27 hours after that so back to regular time. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited June 2017
    I struggle at times and it can be difficult. Key I think is just keep trying even if we have a bad day. Just keep at it. I really think we can't fail as long as we keep trying.

I think that we have all experienced a lot of good by doing this fasting. I know I have. My wife was telling my kids this weekend that I have changed a lot and now I get up early and am raring to go and do exercise and a lot of other things and before it was years of me not being able to get up and get going and feeling really bad. I have changed immensely and you will too!
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    you are an inspiration and I don't say those words often, keep pushing, no retreat, no surrender
  • OmadRyback
    Intermittent fasting certainly changes us. The energy charge is totally amazing. For me that is a trade off worth having. Thanks for the comments guys they really help and I love reading them. Thank you for the time and energy spent commenting.

Will post a picture soon of one of my meals. I took one already on my mom's cell phone and now I just need to remember how to post it.

• OmadRyback
    edited June 2017
    8e943zh3jhf9.png
    jk6uws4n1qog.jpg
  • OmadRyback
    This is one chicken breast bonless, brockly, celery, one alvocodo, 3 or 4 eggs and picante sauce that has no sugar listed in the ingredients. This is my typical go to OMAD meal. The only varience is sometimes I add hamburger meat instead of chicken. Plus at times I add in cauliflower and a bag of mixed salad all ready to eat. This is what I call nutritional ketosis. What do you all think?
  • OmadRyback
    edited June 2017
    e28ho3syu2me.jpg
  • OmadRyback
    *Nervously looking on with shaking fingers while quickly searching for the delete button*
  • OmadRyback
    kidding on that last pic... I was bored :P I'm pretty sure I would be defeating the purpose of OMAD if that was real.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    lol You can have a meal like that for your daily meal, but I certainly don't advise it. Thing is, it will blast a person past a plateau, but that day will be MISERABLE beyond words for you! It's best not to do it.
  • OmadRyback
    I hear ya man! haha That day would be a killer indeed.
  • OmadRyback
    that pic was downloaded from the internet :) The ones above it are the real omad meals :)
  • OmadRyback
    Yes the reeses stuffed cookies are my favorite on that plate xD
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Your real OMAD meal looks fantastic! The one downloaded from internet... I love everything on that plate, but at the same time, seeing all those on one plate made me feel queasy. lol