Starting Ketogenic Diet

cjtl27
cjtl27 Posts: 7 Member
Looking for people who are doing the Ketogenice Diet. Im just starting out and it is my first time to do this diet.

Replies

• cjtl27
    Wow great job getting to ketosis state. What's your daily meal plan? I dont want to over do my protein intake.
  • Yulilev
    Yulilev Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hello, I am started ketogenic diet also, I am bodybuilding bikini competitor, because of this it is important to me low fat %. Also I am a student of clinic nutrition, I will be nutritionist.
    You can add me to friend and see my menu
    1400 kal for beginning:
    Fat: 90g - 55%
    Protein 150g - 40%
    Carbs >25g - 5%
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Just started the keto diet too. Lost about 6-7 pounds since. Was afraid that it could be water loss or like muscle loss which is worst. But I got a fat scale at home and it properly shows that it's the fat loss part. Worth a try!

those scales are inaccurate the losses are going to be water at first because you are depleting glycogen and water stores. so yes at first its water. as for muscle you lose some when eating in a deficit which is why its suggested to get enough protein and lift weights/resistance training.
  • celysangelie
    celysangelie Posts: 3 Member
    Hey! I don't know much about Ketogenic dieting but I do need to loose about 10 pounds short term (1 mo). If anyone has had luck with this diet and care to share some pointers I'd appreciate it. Also, feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated and share our journeys.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    lots and lots of knowledgeable, helpful people over at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Hey! I don't know much about Ketogenic dieting but I do need to loose about 10 pounds short term (1 mo). If anyone has had luck with this diet and care to share some pointers I'd appreciate it. Also, feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated and share our journeys.

if you only have 10 lbs to lose you arent going to lose it in a month safely. you need to set your mfp to lose .5(1/2) a lb a week. 10lbs in a month with so little to lose is too aggressive and not safe as you dont have the weight and fat you did before to support large losses. keto is not a magical way to lose weight,its just a way of eating that can keep people on track,or help those with PCOS,inuslin resistance,type 2 diabetes and some types of seizure disorders.
  • greenthumb12345
    greenthumb12345 Posts: 6 Member
    I want to start doing this. I have been crappy at logging but I am going to do well from now on because I'm tired of being fat. Is there foods that you can't eat at all? Can you still have a weekly cheat meal? Am going to try to keep my macros in the percentage posted in this thread and see if I start being more energetic and lose weight
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    I want to start doing this. I have been crappy at logging but I am going to do well from now on because I'm tired of being fat. Is there foods that you can't eat at all? Can you still have a weekly cheat meal? Am going to try to keep my macros in the percentage posted in this thread and see if I start being more energetic and lose weight

to lose you have to be in a deficit no matter if you follow keto or not.as for foods to avoid it would be those high in carbs(breads,pasta,high carb fruits) you only avoid them because they may make you go over carbs(and you may not enter ketosis). most people eat meats,cheese,oils,healthy fats,leafy greens and berries. nut and seeds. you can have a cheat meal but if its too high in carbs it may knock you out of ketosis. also when doing keto you need to up your sodium,potassium and magnesium as well. broths can help with that or adding salt to your food this can help to prevent the "keto" flu(feels like you have the flu but its not the flu).
  • lillymb06
    lillymb06 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I've been wanting to jump on the KETO train as well but have had a hard time starting. Pintrests have a lot of great Keto recepies and i really really want to try that Bullet proof coffee fo sho! Lol anywho im here to help and share anything i learn we can help each other and motivate each other. There's great people here and we're all here for the same reasons
  • Yulilev
    Yulilev Posts: 2 Member
    Yulilev wrote: »
    Hello, I am started ketogenic diet also, I am bodybuilding bikini competitor, because of this it is important to me low fat %. Also I am a student of clinic nutrition, I will be nutritionist.
    You can add me to friend and see my menu
    1400 kal for beginning:
    Fat: 90g - 55%
    Protein 150g - 40%
    Carbs >25g - 5%

fat doesnt make you fat and fat should be higher if doing keto. fats should be higher than anything else it should be 60-75% fat,15-30% protein and 5-10 of carbs

You right but it is only begining of diet, every week I will increase my dietary fat :)
  • cjtl27
    Please add me as friend. Im on day 6 of this diet. I may have gone overboard with my carbs today. 40g of carbs will thAt take me out of ketosis state? I've been diligent with my food diary.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm 37 lbs down while doing keto.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member

Second this ^^^^!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited June 2017
    cjtl27 wrote: »
    Please add me as friend. Im on day 6 of this diet. I may have gone overboard with my carbs today. 40g of carbs will thAt take me out of ketosis state? I've been diligent with my food diary.

possibly not. some can eat as much as 50 net grams and stay in ketosis,some people more if they are say athletes or do long workouts.is that 40g net of carbs or 40g gross(not subtracting fiber)?
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    ^^ all this! ^^ Some tolerate a good amount of carbs, myself, anything over 30 net isn't nice to me
  • amtbhatnagar
    amtbhatnagar Posts: 94 Member
    I am also following it try to keep my carb as lesss as possible it is really helping in going in right direction , added u :-)
  • Mandi_Klumpp
    Mandi_Klumpp Posts: 8 Member
    I just started keto on Monday. Definitely feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!