Less snaking ideas

Does anybody have ideas about avoiding snaking and staying healthy???

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    I pre-plan all my meals. I eat 5 times a day because I don't like going forever between my meals.

Do you like to snack? If so plan for it. Make it fit your calories. Add in some healthier options and some things you enjoy.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2017
    I ran over a snake when bike riding once... I would recommend avoiding that! It got pretty angry and tried to bite me!

I just don't plan snacks. Snacking makes me hungry - bigger meals satisfy me more!
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    lots of water. i snack when i'm bored or thirsty
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    To avoid snacks - just don't snack. Snacks aren't living things, so they can't jump into your mouth, unless you really mean snakes, but if that is the case, you have a problem that nobody here can help you with.
    To stay healthy - eat healthily and stay active. Don't smoke, limit alcohol. Reduce stress, get enough sleep. Build meaningful relationships and have fulfilling work or hobbies. Get regular checkups with health care provider.
    You may need to educuate yourself on nutrition, learn to cook, and plan your meals and schedule exercise.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Stay out of the bushes!

ETA: I don't snack but eat two or three big meals and don't have the need to snack.

lolololol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2017
    It took me about 15 minutes to figure out what snaking was until I read the responses. I just had to click to see. I thought it was some code word for something dirty or something the kids were saying nowadays.

I never snack because I prefer to be extra hungry for meals, it makes them more satisfying. Chew gum, drink sugar free drinks or coffee between meals. But if you prefer snacking and you can stay under your calorie goal, no need to stop! Many healthy people like to snack all day, it just depends on your preference.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member

I personally don't try to avoid snacking - In fact I nearly always have a snack around 11ish - ie between breakfast and lunch - and a snack after tea.

But my snacks fit within my calorie allowance so this works for me.

If you like bigger meals and cant fit in snacks as well or you have troubling controlling snacking - then that is a problem.

But snacking in itself is not bad.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Stomp your feet when you walk through the bush. Or go to New Zealand, I'm pretty sure they don't have snakes there.

For snacking - if you want to stop (not that there's any very good reason to) - play around with your main meals and see what keeps you full. I find if I have a big breakfast I'm much less likely to snack during the day. You might be different though, so see what makes you feel good.
    Or, if you're eating when you are bored, look at your day and add in some different activities to keep you busy so you don't have time to snack.
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Exercise ... it increases your daily calorie limit and gives you more energy to run from those pesky snakes.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    sawyeram wrote: »
    Exercise ... it increases your daily calorie limit and gives you more energy to run from those pesky snakes.

Or find some snakes to run from as exercise?
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    At work I want to snack more so most days I push my breakfast until 930 or 10 and then some days I bring "snacks" for lunch. A yogurt, a string cheese, half a grapefruit, etc. Today I have all of those things, plus a sandwich for lunch, so I could have three snacks, plus my sandwich and I still have over 700 calories for dinner and that's before exercise! If you want snacks throughout the day, don't avoid them, find a way to make them fit in your goals for the day. Yesterday I had a candy bar for my snack, it fit in my goals for the day, and I really enjoyed it. Snacking isnt unhealthy, and to lose weight all you need to do is meet your calorie goal set by MFP
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    This thread made me laugh so hard! OP,good snacking ideas for me at least have been,jerky,counted out nuts,a string cheese,protein stuff,if I snack on cards it makes me hungrier
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    seltzer water works for me
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    *carbs I meant
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    It took me about 15 minutes to figure out what snaking was until I read the responses. I just had to click to see. I thought it was some code word for something dirty or something the kids were saying nowadays.

I never snack because I prefer to be extra hungry for meals, it makes them more satisfying. Chew gum, drink sugar free drinks or coffee between meals. But if you prefer snacking and you can stay under your calorie goal, no need to stop! Many healthy people like to snack all day, it just depends on your preference.

I thought that it was an US term for something we don't use in UK. :)

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    tumblr_n9sy4iuYUX1rkr5qdo1_500.gif

How to make a snake made: Stick a tiny hat on its head.