New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    So I'm glad I didn't spend money on those Enlightened protein marshmallow treats that just came out... I just won a sampler pack of all 4 flavors on Facebook XD I leave for vacation in Florida in a little under two weeks, here's to hoping they ship them before then so it's not sitting in the summer heat too long! By the way, Edible Arrangements sells smoothies at some locations apparently now and today they're 99cents!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    So I'm glad I didn't spend money on those Enlightened protein marshmallow treats that just came out... I just won a sampler pack of all 4 flavors on Facebook XD I leave for vacation in Florida in a little under two weeks, here's to hoping they ship them before then so it's not sitting in the summer heat too long! By the way, Edible Arrangements sells smoothies at some locations apparently now and today they're 99cents!

LOL how do you always win the food contests? I always enter too but never win!
  • hgycta

Honestly I have no clue, I probably just enter way too many of them XD every day it feels like I'm entering anywhere between 2-7 of them on Facebook, they just pop up in my news feed and are so quick to enter!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Honestly I have no clue, I probably just enter way too many of them XD every day it feels like I'm entering anywhere between 2-7 of them on Facebook, they just pop up in my news feed and are so quick to enter!

In my marketing class, we talked about FB contests. The thought process is to let the people with the biggest friends lists win, so more people would see your product. Most contests are not random winners. Do you have a lot of FB friends, @hgycta?
  • hgycta

In my marketing class, we talked about FB contests. The thought process is to let the people with the biggest friends lists win, so more people would see your product. Most contests are not random winners. Do you have a lot of FB friends, @hgycta?

Huh... that's interesting! I have 542 so I mean, I definitely know people who have a lot more than that, do you consider that still a lot?
  • Noreenmarie1234

Wow I believe it I only have like 100 friends and my page is private and so is all of my shares pictures posts and info. I enter like 5-7 a day too lol and have never won
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Huh... that's interesting! I have 542 so I mean, I definitely know people who have a lot more than that, do you consider that still a lot?

It's a lot to me! But I suppose it depends on who enters the contests and which entrants have the biggest FL.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Tried this and it is very very good. You have to pull it yourself after heating and pull out a few small pieces of fat. I didn't even need to add any sort of sauce. The only thing that bothers me is the calorie count, it just seems awfully low for this type of thing. Maybe I am just paranoid. Calorie count is 3 ounces for 90 calories.

shjvgg37k8t2.png

I'd be paranoid too. Costco sells a Very Similar Product. They had samples of it and it was delicious. I almost bought some but was stopped dead in my tracks when I flipped over the box and saw north of 200 cals for 3 measly ounces. Um no. Definitely would have for a holiday like Fourth of July or Labor Day (and I will probably just do that for the Fourth!), but certainly not on the everyday menu.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member

I'm not sure I agree with that. I have less than 100 friends on my list, yet have won 3-4 different FB contests. Interesting thought though.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    So the coworker went to Trader Joe's and came back with the brownie crisp coffee ice cream sandwich. It *is* small but there's a good amount of ice cream in it and the chocolate chunks in the brownie crisp part are an added bonus. I thoroughly enjoyed the 1 1/3 sandwiches I had. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2017
    ly40qhq0d9vo.jpg
    Tried luna chocolate chip cookie. I do think it is new but they have chocolate chip protein bar. Was good, but tasted more like oatmeal cookie. Really had that chocolate chip OATMEAL cookie taste and I enjoyed. Wouldn't buy again though.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2017
    7n4qvoby4zd4.jpg
    clif zbar chocolate peanut butter filled was REALLY GOOD!!! I loved. It was more peanut buttery than chocolatey but had a wonderful middle layer of peanut butter. I would buy again and want to try the apple almond butter ones.
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    So the coworker went to Trader Joe's and came back with the brownie crisp coffee ice cream sandwich. It *is* small but there's a good amount of ice cream in it and the chocolate chunks in the brownie crisp part are an added bonus. I thoroughly enjoyed the 1 1/3 sandwiches I had. :)

I'm a black coffee guy so I don't care for most coffee flavored treats, but I'm a big fan of these. I think they are the perfect size for the calories. Although if I have twice the calories to spend on a dessert, I'll go for an Its-It instead.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

I'm a black coffee guy so I don't care for most coffee flavored treats, but I'm a big fan of these. I think they are the perfect size for the calories. Although if I have twice the calories to spend on a dessert, I'll go for an Its-It instead.

Oh, see, I don't like coffee at all unless it's in hard candy or ice cream form. Ralphs/Kroger used to sell this awesome kona coffee ice cream.... :)
  • Noreenmarie1234

OH DEAR LORD
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member

RIP to my willpower :s
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lol I saw the Boston cream pie toaster streudels and slowly walked away from that freezer. I know how that would end up...

Omg, lol...I literally just busted my significant other buying Toaster Strudels when my 13 year old son came home from camp today (he's a counselor in training) and got out TWO toaster strudels to refuel his body after 8 hours in the hot sun, swimming, etc. I was like "what are those doing here!?"

I don't mind so much that HE had them, it's that I knew my significant other wanted them for himself when he's supposed to be eating healthier/buying healthy foods, even if he's not interested in losing weight. He's been sneaking ice cream and donut trips in when he and my son run errands. It's like having 2 kids instead of one.

*My kid is really thin and doesn't eat much, so things like Toaster Strudels in the house mean one of his "meals" will be less nutritious than eating a bag of donuts.*

No surprise he wasn't able to finish his dinner tonight. I don't even know how he ate TWO. With icing on both! They're probably made of crack.
  • trinateegardens
    trinateegardens Posts: 15 Member
    Im interested in that treadmill Jillian is endorsing. I guess her knees are feeling it like mine.