From 175 lbs to 175 lbs...

djeffreys10
djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
Or, "Why the scale doesn't matter" lol

On the left, September of 2012. When I was 175 lbs, fat, and started lifting because I was sick of what I saw in the mirror.
On the right, June of 2017. Once again at 175 lbs.

I am 5'8" tall. Been as low as 152 and as high as 192. Not yo-yo dieting, just using bulk/cut phases to add muscle and then lean back out for summer. Just a little reminder that if you are obsessed with the scale, you really need to shift your paradigm. My goal was always and still is to get bigger with more muscle. Trust me, I look way better now than I did any time I weighed less than this.

jcufbf22o1ds.jpg

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Awesome. Great job!
  • alexilass
    alexilass Posts: 4 Member
    That's incredible. You look AMAZING. I'm trying to focus better on my strength goals and nutrition goals rather than weight so thanks for the inspiration.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    That is just fabulous- and I too am a scale nut- trying to break the habit of letting the numbers get me up or down-
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Exactly what my partner is working on currently- well done!
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Daaaaaammnn! Great job!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    This is an amazing before and after - good job!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited June 2017
    Fantastic job! Congratulations and thanks for sharing- it is good to have a reminder that the scale is not the only measure of progress.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    you look amazing congrats
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Do you use a program for cutting/massing? I purchased RP template a while back and haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. Your post is definitely pushing me in that direction, you look fantastic!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I love this thread. Nice work.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    <3 Preaching to the choir here, but good work!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Bueno...
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Calibrate wrote: »
    Do you use a program for cutting/massing? I purchased RP template a while back and haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. Your post is definitely pushing me in that direction, you look fantastic!

No, I just adjust my calories to be in a deficit for cutting and a surplus for bulking. My workouts are mostly the same, I just make sure I hit everything at least once a week. How I split is determined by how many times I can get to the gym that week. And when I'm bulking I use progressive overload. Can't really make increases like that when cutting.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Your body looks just beautiful, and I love the extra confidence you project in the after picture. Thanks for an important lesson!
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Calibrate wrote: »

No, I just adjust my calories to be in a deficit for cutting and a surplus for bulking. My workouts are mostly the same, I just make sure I hit everything at least once a week. How I split is determined by how many times I can get to the gym that week. And when I'm bulking I use progressive overload. Can't really make increases like that when cutting.

Thanks for the info. Whatever you are doing, it sure is working! I'm CrossFit 3x per week plus 1 strickly lifting class per week. Pretty much maintaining my weight right now but will try a cut in the fall to lose some % in body fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!