I eat the same food every week! (and like it)

Replies

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Yay! I am not weird or alone! Thanks everyone!

I feel secure and happy eating the same things and it eliminates logging stress.

My plan is to change a few things and tweek my weekly plan (want to add more veggies) but it will only happen very slowly over time.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    I'm glad you found what works for you. :)

With that said, if I had to eat the same thing every week I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself to put myself out of my misery.

I do meal plan on Sundays though and I stick to my meal plans. If I've planned to have x for breakfast then I'm going to have x for breakfast.

On the weekends I tend to eat whatever because I sleep in so at most I eat twice, sometimes only one real meal on weekends, and I've been being very active lately on weekends too so it's rare I even get close to going over on the weekend so I'm not as militant or worried about it.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    When I lived with my parents several months ago, every day/week it was the same *kitten* thing. It's helped keep their own weight and health in check, and while a part of me wishes I were the same, if you try to make me eat another freakin' ground turkey patty, I will throw it back in your face.

OP it at least looks like you mix it up each day, and everything sounds delicious! I am more on the side of "variety is the spice of life"! Keep doing you.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I usually use the weekends to try new recipes or have things I don't normally have during the work week. I'm not coming home to home make a pizza on a day I commuted an hour and have to train in 2 but Saturdays and Sundays are my creativity days... the rest are predictable (protein/veg/carb x cals) and fast through the week.
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Ive had the exact same meal since January. At night I add chicken. In the morning I add some cheese.
    But its 14 oz of boiled potatoes (nothing added) every single meal. Done in the waffle iron, they taste better than french frys. Some ketchup and hot sauce Im good to go.

120 pounds lost since January.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Ive had the exact same meal since January. At night I add chicken. In the morning I add some cheese.
    But its 14 oz of boiled potatoes (nothing added) every single meal. Done in the waffle iron, they taste better than french frys. Some ketchup and hot sauce Im good to go.

120 pounds lost since January.

Wait, since January you haven't had anything but potatoes, chicken, cheese, ketchup, and hot sauce?
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    I "batch cook" a recipe with 4 (will double)-6 servings. And I grocery shop either once a week or once every two weeks if I'm feeling particularly organized/eating stuff that can be frozen and reheated for week 2. So I eat the same thing, for each meal, for a week at a time. Done it my entire life.

It comes in handy these days as once I have a menu entered that meets my needs, I don't have to worry for the rest of the week what I am eating and/or figuring out recipe macros. As long as I stick to the menu, I know I'm good.
  • SeikoMonster

Wait, since January you haven't had anything but potatoes, chicken, cheese, ketchup, and hot sauce?

Essentially yes. I also have some bran flakes, dry, as a daily snack. Once in a while I will have salsa instead of ketchup. Rarely Ill toss some minced garlic into the potatoes.

Once a month I allow a "cheat meal" of a chick fil a sandwich but only adds in 100 calories above my 1400 daily goal. One day this year I had 2 chicken tacos instead of the chick fil a.

Im full every day and look forward to every meal. I get not everyone could do it, but it is working for me. I get into trouble with having too many options.

• Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    What in the world is a hot dog salad?? :)
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I have eaten a hot dog salad almost every night for like 4 weeks straight. If it works it works.

I tried this the other night and I thought of you. That ish was good af.

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I so wish I could do this. My husband does this for breakfast and lunch and I envy how easy it is for him. The longest I can go is about a week with the same thing over and over before I am going nuts. I hope one day I can get there. :)

I guess I just need a lot of variety, but I hate it. I would love to keep it simple.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    What in the world is a hot dog salad?? :)
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I have eaten a hot dog salad almost every night for like 4 weeks straight. If it works it works.

I tried this the other night and I thought of you. That ish was good af.

It's explained up thread.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member

Essentially yes. I also have some bran flakes, dry, as a daily snack. Once in a while I will have salsa instead of ketchup. Rarely Ill toss some minced garlic into the potatoes.

Once a month I allow a "cheat meal" of a chick fil a sandwich but only adds in 100 calories above my 1400 daily goal. One day this year I had 2 chicken tacos instead of the chick fil a.

Im full every day and look forward to every meal. I get not everyone could do it, but it is working for me. I get into trouble with having too many options.

No judgement from me - I understand this approach. Potatoes are also pretty awesome nutritionally so you could have chosen a much worse basic staple.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Soopatt wrote: »

No judgement from me - I understand this approach. Potatoes are also pretty awesome nutritionally so you could have chosen a much worse basic staple.

It wasn't judgment, I was just curious. @SeikoMonster I hope my comment didn't come across as judgmental, if it did then I apologize.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited June 2017
    Just for ease of logging I prefer to choose from a small variety of ingredients for each meal.

Last night the family wanted tacos, so instead of using the recipe tool to achieve gram precision I just logged them as Taco Bell tacos. Good enough.

I've tried twice to say more, but both times I just went on and on with TMI.

Basically, I make changes to the variety of vegetables I use as the vegetables I already have get used up. There.
  • BullishBull
    BullishBull Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2017
    I've eaten the same dinner for over 18 months now lol. People always ask me how I don't get bored of food. I respond with because food doesn't give me pleasure nor does it make my days any better. I just see it as something you have to eat and think of it as fuel for my body and workouts and thus leading me to healthier choices.
  • SeikoMonster
    I've eaten the same dinner for over 18 months now lol.

Agree, its helped change my mindset as well. Knowing exactly what I am going to eat doesn't lead to the trap of "oh guess Ill get a pizza"

Soopatt wrote: »

My doctor gave me a few weird looks and sent me to a nutritionist. Hard to argue with results and my blood work is fine 6 months in (massive drop in blood pressure and cholesterol) . The actual AH HA! moment was when I read about the guy who lost 110 pounds eating nothing but potatoes for an entire year. I did some research and consultation with the nutritionist before proceeding. I had/have a massive amount of weight to loose. Not the typical 30-50 pounds. Im absolutely not saying that anyone should try what I am doing. They need to make their own informed opinion.

But yes potatoes are great!

It wasn't judgment, I was just curious. @SeikoMonster I hope my comment didn't come across as judgmental, if it did then I apologize.

Not at all! I'm used to the "Wait what? Potatoes???" It will change eventually into a much more balanced diet, but my goal is to hit 30 BMI before I start worrying about the "lifestyle change" to keep it off type of eating.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I have eaten pretty much the same breakfast/lunch (it's the same meal for me since I IF) for the past 3 years. Cottage cheese and vegetables. The current iteration is with quinoa on salad greens. In the winter, I do it with warm veg, like butternut squash or spaghetti squash.
  • clark614
    clark614 Posts: 92 Member
    Can someone tell me what hot dog salad is?
  • new_arc87
    new_arc87 Posts: 38 Member
    I pretty much live off three dishes, but I've always been a man of habit.

For instance, at work, the chefs would start making my breakfast/lunch as soon as they saw me walk in the cafeteria.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    clark614 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what hot dog salad is?
    May I ask what hot dog salad is? I am not familiar with that...

For mine, I put cut up hotdogs, mustard, ketchup and caramelized onions over a huge bed of spinach and mixed greens. The volume is filling af and low calories... yummy macros.