Am I eating to little?? (Need real advice please)

I've realized I'm eating less than I should everyday almost...usually 250-500 calories less. Is that okay or should I be eating more? I'm always very full and feel I do not need more food. I even got a notification on here I was eating too little and it wasn't going to post my dairy a few days ago...I don't understand? It would feel as if I'm forcing myself to eat more when IM NOT hungry.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    You don't say how much you are eating or give any details so it would be hard to say. But if you are getting the warning then yes, you're eating too little if your logging is accurate. Many people who are stuffed full on very few calories also have logging issues. If your logging is 100% accurate then eat more calorie dense foods. More calories with less volume.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    How are you measuring intake? Weighing food? Packages? Measuring cups?
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Yes, that is going to be too little for most adults, unless you are exceptionally small or inactive.
    If your logging is accurate, then start adding some more calorie dense foods to get more nutrition and energy.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    You should mention if you have had an eating disorder in the past or are currently underweight. Any medications you may be taking. How long have you had this problem. Just today?
    A doctor can rule out health conditions such as hypothyroidism, iron deficiency, or kidney damage. Illicit drugs can also cause loss of appetite so can antibiotics.
    Consider taking a daily women's multivitamin if you are under 1,200 calories a day.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Since you're using measuring cups you're likely eating a lot more than you think. You can either work on accuracy or just keep eating how you are. I wouldn't worry too much about upping calories unless you decide to log accurately and are still eating too little.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Are you losing weight on target? Are you losing more or less?

Chances are pretty good that you're eating more than you think if you are using measuring cups and not a food scale.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Let me 3rd the suggestion that you are actual eating more than you think of you are using measuring cups for solids.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Doctor visit recommended with 3-4 lbs week weight loss. Be fully honest with him/her.
  • Christine_72
    Doctor visit recommended with 3-4 lbs week weight loss.

Your doctor is dead WRONG! I'm 148lbs and only have a couple more to go till i hit goal weight, I'm losing something like 0.2lbs a week, if i'm lucky....

What's your goal weight?
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    edited June 2017
    Doctor visit recommended with 3-4 lbs week weight loss. Be fully honest with him/her.
    edit

Deleted my comment.

I misread this statement. Apologies.

@kimny72 - thank you for correcting our error.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Oh no! 3-4 lbs a week - eat more. You're probably eating more than you think but it still isn't enough. Up those calories until you get to a healthy half pound a week loss. Which means the calorie goal you're aiming for is too low also.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    edited June 2017
    I am losing roughly 3-4 pounds a week.
    And okay! So food scales huh? I'm going to have to get one! Thank you all!
    Your doctor is dead WRONG

That's not the OP. I think they were recommending she go to the doctor since she is losing that much weight.

OP, can you really physically not eat more? Or is this a mindset issue? 3-4 lbs per week is way too fast. Yes you need to eat more and if you can't you should see a doctor. Losing weight that fast at your size means serious muscle loss and possible malnutrition. Please take care of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • Christine_72
    kimny72 wrote: »

Bloody hell! Maybe you're not eating more than you think.. With so little to lose you should be aiming for 0.5lbs a week. 3-4lbs a week is what super obese people aim for.

That's not the OP. I think they were recommending she go to the doctor since she is losing that much weight.

Oh crap, duh! I've drunk way too much coffee this morning, I'm getting my posts all muddled up!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

Bloody hell! Maybe you're not eating more than you think.. With so little to lose you should be aiming for 0.5lbs a week. 3-4lbs a week is what super obese people aim for.

Oh crap, duh! I've drunk way too much coffee this morning, I'm getting my posts all muddled up!

LOL! The thread took a sudden turn, so along with the caffeine, I think it's understandable
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    How long have you been losing weight?