Stuck at the same weight for 2 months

Options
I am looking for advice & personal experiences please...

By the end of last year I had successfully lost 4st, then after a 2 week all inclusive holiday plus Christmas I ended up putting 1st back on. I have recently got back into it all and lost half a stone, but now the rest doesn't seem to want to budge. My weight has stayed the same for the last 2 months.
I am doing all the same things I did before- eating pretty much the same foods / portions, I eat between 1200-1350 calories per day, I cook everything myself from scratch, weigh everything with a scale and log everything. I have 1 day per week where I eat at maintenance (like I did before).
The only thing that has changed is my age- I am now 27, and I have started jogging/ running 2-3 times per week (I don't eat back my exercise calories).
I am 5ft 4" and my current weight is 11st,

Can anyone give me any pointers or new ideas to try, ideally my goal weight is 10st.

Thanks!

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Most likely you are moving less. You need to burn more calories then you eat to lose weight. Either eat less or move more
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Have you taken photos to compare? The scale only shows one measure of change but doesn't always reflect what your body is doing.
  • xjessicaxrx
    xjessicaxrx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Most likely you are moving less. You need to burn more calories then you eat to lose weight. Either eat less or move more

Thanks for your reply but I have stated that I am doing both. I didn't do any exercise when I first lost weight, now I have started running.
  • xjessicaxrx
    Options
    Have you taken photos to compare? The scale only shows one measure of change but doesn't always reflect what your body is doing.

No I haven't but thats a good idea, thank you :smile:
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Well if your weight is staying the same for 2 months you are at maintenance and to lose weight need to either eat less or move more.
    Also running is great but if lifestyle is overall more sedentary then a run is less then a lifestyle change and many people stop being as daily active as they age in particular in your 20s
  • xjessicaxrx
    Options
    Well if your weight is staying the same for 2 months you are at maintenance and to lose weight need to either eat less or move more.
    Also running is great but if lifestyle is overall more sedentary then a run is less then a lifestyle change and many people stop being as daily active as they age in particular in your 20s

I do work in an office at a desk but I wear an apple watch to try and keep myself aware of being active, I go for a walk a few times a day. On my running days I go as soon as I get home from work, my usual route is 2.4 miles and takes me around 30 mins if I run non-stop.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply but I have stated that I am doing both. I didn't do any exercise when I first lost weight, now I have started running.

How long ago did you start the running? You may be retaining some water from that.

You only have 14 pounds to lose? That will be really slow. Some women in that range just lose once per month, after their periods.
  • xjessicaxrx
    edited June 2017
    Options

No I haven't but thats a good idea, thank you :smile:

I was stuck at the same weight forever, in both of these pics I weighed the same but there is clearly a difference in my size.
    k7c4ngd07tes.jpg

I now weigh 3 lbs less than both of those pics

That is crazy I can clearly see a difference, well done! What have you been doing?
    kshama2001 wrote: »

How long ago did you start the running? You may be retaining some water from that.

You only have 14 pounds to lose? That will be really slow. Some women in that range just lose once per month, after their periods.

I have just checked my Nike running app I started running at the beginning of May, I was under the impression that water retention was only a short term thing? My BMI is currently 26. something so technically I should be aiming to lose more than 14lb but ill re-evaluate that once I get to goal :smile:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @xjessicaxrx those were diet and some light cardio, in the first pic I had already lost 30 lbs with diet only and the after was some running and yoga added in.

I edited the post with my current pic which is now after lifting and trx. Without these pictures I would've given up because the scale wasn't moving so why bother.
  • xjessicaxrx
    Options
    @xjessicaxrx those were diet and some light cardio, in the first pic I had already lost 30 lbs with diet only and the after was some running and yoga added in.

I edited the post with my current pic which is now after lifting and trx. Without these pictures I would've given up because the scale wasn't moving so why bother.

Omg the difference is amazing u look so toned, Just what I am aiming for! Thank you I am defo going to start taking pics :smile: Do u mind if i ask how tall you are?
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    It's possible you're still losing weight but maybe it's just slowed. Try using a trending app and see what it tells you. I felt the same way a couple of months ago, but the trend showed that I was still losing but because it slowed down it felt like I wasn't making progress. It can be a little frustrating.

I finally figured out that I had slacked off on tracking my calories even though I swore I was doing everything the same. The fact is that after a while it gets a little tedious to track so strictly. In my case, I decided to accept the slower rate of loss because I just didn't want to work that hard on it. I'm losing 3-4 pounds per month and I'm ok with that.

You could also increase your exercise to give you a bigger deficit. All the best!
  • auntstephie321
    Options

Omg the difference is amazing u look so toned, Just what I am aiming for! Thank you I am defo going to start taking pics :smile: Do u mind if i ask how tall you are?

I'm 5'6". Thank you. I just did the most recent pic a week ago and was amazed, I'm slightly obsessed with it lol. I can't tell you how disappointed I was with that first pic, I had already lost so much weight and my body still didn't look how I wanted. That's when I started to realize the number on the scale didn't show the whole picture.
  • xjessicaxrx
    Options
    It's possible you're still losing weight but maybe it's just slowed. Try using a trending app and see what it tells you. I felt the same way a couple of months ago, but the trend showed that I was still losing but because it slowed down it felt like I wasn't making progress. It can be a little frustrating.

I finally figured out that I had slacked off on tracking my calories even though I swore I was doing everything the same. The fact is that after a while it gets a little tedious to track so strictly. In my case, I decided to accept the slower rate of loss because I just didn't want to work that hard on it. I'm losing 3-4 pounds per month and I'm ok with that.

You could also increase your exercise to give you a bigger deficit. All the best!

I know what you mean about it getting tedious & frustrating :neutral: i defo didn't find it this hard work the first time round!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    With those figures of 1200-1350 a day you should be losing if you're logging accurately and consistently, can you open your diary so we can see if there's anything that jumps out? I'm 5'5", 34years old have a desk job and have PCOS and lose eating back my exercise cals so your age shouldn't make too much of an impact although you may have seen a slow down of your metabolism from your early twenties 1350 seems way to low for maintenance for a 27 year old.

I do suspect there may be a problem with your logging so we should eliminate that as a problem first. x