The Starbucks holy grail?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Venti iced coffee with an extra shot. 3 pumps sugar free vanilla syrup and almond milk.

yesss!! This is what I drink all the time. Low carb, delicious. The one by me used to have sugar free caramel syrup but it's gone now. Their sugar free vanilla is good, so is the mocha if you like chocolate. And almond milk is good too-low calorie and some extra protein.

Almond milk is not a bad choice if you like it -- it's basically flavored water, so very low cal, low carb so long as you don't get the sugar added kind, but it's really not any kind of protein source.

Unless it's the almond milk with protein added, but I'm pretty sure Starbucks uses one that is sweetened same with their coconut milk.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Something I learned when I was low carb is that heavy cream in coffee is amazing, Starbucks has it and will give you some in a cup on the side so you can control how much goes in, 1 tablespoon is 50 calories so you don't want them free pouring that. And 1 tablespoon is really about all you need to make it creamy, not like almond milk where you need like a gallon and it still isn't creamy, just watery. That with a couple pumps of their sugar free vanilla or sugar free cinnamon dolce is delicious.
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Tall nonfat mocha with half the chocolate and no whip. -around 130 calories (I'd have to check) and tastes great to me.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    i usually get the sugarfree iced tea lemonade and add sweet n low.

if i need to get coffee coffee then i usually just get a tall soy latte with sugar free vanilla and add sweet n low.
  • m1ss_danni
    m1ss_danni Posts: 13 Member
    Skinny latte girl here also but have it over ice
  • SapioEnigmate
    SapioEnigmate Posts: 15 Member
    I really like cold brew plain.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited June 2017
    I go through phases with liking coffee and then not liking it. Right now I'm not liking it, but even when I do, I don't like Starbucks.

I agree with the poster upthread who said that Starbucks over roasts their coffee. It's horribly burnt tasting to me.

When I do drink coffee, I just like it plain with a splash of skim milk and splenda. I've never been one for those fancy coffee drinks. Now, I don't mind a latte with the milk frothed now and then, but I do that at home where I can control the calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    We have a starbucks downstairs, it recently opened.

In Melbourne, Australia - the coffee capital of the world. I don't see it ending well...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

In Melbourne, Australia - the coffee capital of the world. I don't see it ending well...

Citation please. :laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member

Citation please. :laugh:

LOL, partly tongue in cheek, but it does get consistently voted best coffee in the world by random travel surveys ;)
  • ElizabethBorden
    ElizabethBorden Posts: 15 Member
    I love my caffe misto, I get a pump of sugar free mocha and sugar free cinnamon dolce.
    If you ask for the non-fat milk it will be way under 100 calories.
  • Nichole_AZ
    Nichole_AZ Posts: 717 Member
    cold brew coffee with only one pump of white chocolate
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Coffee frap light if you want blended. Grande is 100 or 110 cals

Iced coffee or hot coffee and just add your own cream. I've been measuring my cream long enough at home that I can easily eyeball how much I use.

Tall latte if you want creamy and hot. Skim or coconut milk to reduce calories further, but both change the flavor pretty drastically. I'm a big fan of ordering a short size and going with regular milk.

I'm not a fan of sugar free syrup, so if I want a "coffee treat" I get a hot latte and add 1 pump of white mocha (which I think is 60 calories). I allow more than 100 calories, though, since it's only an occasional thing and I'll specifically fit it in. Iced Venti or hot grande with some extra espresso and the little bit of white mocha totally worth the 200-300 or so calories plus the $5
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    I say no to drugs and I say no to spending $800 a year on coffee I can make at home for free.
    I usually have to buy my coffee at the grocery store. How do you get yours for free?
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2017
    I get free gift cards every few weeks seems like a shame not to use them
  • mybigfat
    Ok when i go ill try the reg iced coffee with the sugar free mocha :)
  • sarahshinks2233
    sarahshinks2233 Posts: 55 Member
    https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Healthiest-Iced-Starbucks-Drinks-22994412 This article shows what you can order for less calories, game changers
  • mybigfat
    cool ty
  • mybigfat
    That article is really neat