Size 20 to Size 12 in 130 Days with PICS

HGarcia1527
HGarcia1527 Posts: 69 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
On 1/9/17 I stepped on the scale for the first time in about a year. I was shocked, devastated, angry, ashamed, sad and about every other emotion you can think of. My anger really set it and I was so mad at myself. How did I allow this to happen? What was I waiting for?

The scale said 235!!!!! That is he heaviest weight I have ever been and it was unacceptable. I could come up with every excuse in the book and some are valid but I knew I needed to figure it out. So I did that same day. I ate well the rest of the day and went home and looked up a good cardio workout online and did it. I may have used all of the modified moves and taken a few too many water breaks but I did it. And I have continued to do it everyday for the last 167 days. Thank goodness it is a lot easier and much more enjoyable now.

I haven't given up anything but I do make better choices. Typically following the 80/20 rule with my eating habits. I never indulge but about 20 percent of the time I give in and have a little of what I want in moderation. It's realistic to achieve my goals. When you give everything up it is so unrealistic and leads to failure all too often. I found what works for me and my new lifestyle. I found a new love for fitness and workout 5-7 days a week.

Currently down 52 pounds and four pant sizes in just over five months. (Currently 183 pounds!!!) Still have 30-40 pounds I would like to lose.

fv0t72gkcysk.jpg
k3px21szinbf.jpg
mt7r915l9zph.jpg
w1aexnaa4r53.jpg
ilpy0eei6c06.jpg

Replies

• jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Super cool. I had the same beginning of your story at the beginning of this month, my body just felt like it was mad at me... I had gained so much weight in such a short amount of time. Slowly working on finding a healthy happy routine. I love how simple your story is, keep up the great work!
  • HGarcia1527
    jbirdy76 wrote: »
    Super cool. I had the same beginning of your story at the beginning of this month, my body just felt like it was mad at me... I had gained so much weight in such a short amount of time. Slowly working on finding a healthy happy routine. I love how simple your story is, keep up the great work!

Thanks! It really was that simple and it angers me even more that I waited so long. So happy you started your journey. It's worth it and you are worth it!!!!! MFP has been a huge tool in helping hold me accountable and progressing properly.

• HGarcia1527
    Thanks
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Awesome work
  • ShyFromCanada
    ShyFromCanada Posts: 152 Member
    Awesome job!
  • HGarcia1527
    Thank you
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Congratulations you've done amazing well done :)
  • shorshabae
    shorshabae Posts: 32 Member
    Absolutely amazing! You look brilliant!
  • 2ndTimeAround2017
    2ndTimeAround2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats! You are doing well. I have just started my journey to a better me!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Fabulous work- glad you hear you channeled your emotions in a good way to work FOR you. WTG!!!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    You did an amazing job! So happy for you!
  • NewMe139
    NewMe139 Posts: 6 Member
    I have 100 lbs to lose and am really overwhelmed. Can you tell me what you eat in the typical day? I'd appreciate it.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Amazing! It is very difficult to do what you have done but not impossible. Let the fire in your belly keep you strong and good will continue. =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    NewMe139 wrote: »
    I have 100 lbs to lose and am really overwhelmed. Can you tell me what you eat in the typical day? I'd appreciate it.

Day 1 - hard. Day 2 - a small amount easier, so small you might miss it....find it and hang on. Day 3 through however many it takes....this is where building your new lifestyle starts with the foundation of strength from the pit of your belly. Find it and hang on.
  • HGarcia1527
    NewMe139 wrote: »

Don't be overwhelmed. That is how I started to so you really need to push past that. A 100 pounds is more obtainable that I would have ever imagined!!! You can totally do this! Please feel free to friend me and also send me a message and I would be happy to chat and help if I can.

• HGarcia1527
    Thank you all so much! Wishing each and every one of you the best on your journey!!!!!
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Amazing
  • HGarcia1527
    edited June 2017
    Thanks all
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Proud of you Heather! Keep up the awesome work, the best is yet to come!!! Love you girl! You have my full support. :blush::blush:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!