Getting Started with Keto

Options
Hello! I am new to the app and am starting Keto tomorrow. Any advice/motivational words would be appreciated! I'm a bit intimidated, but I know this is something I need.

Replies

• canadiangirl0731
    canadiangirl0731 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just jump right in!! It is helpful to find a partner or at least friends on MFP to view their diaries and get food ideas. Keep it simple!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    is there any particular reason you're jumping head first into keto instead of just a modest deficit?
  • gullorybee
    gullorybee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you get overwhelmed at any point on Keto, at least stick to NO SUGAR, NO FLOUR , NO PROCESSED foods of any kind and you will be equally as successful. I have done keto and the above. I don't worry so much about being in ketosis. I have lost 30 pounds and lots of inches of fat following the no sugar/flour/processed food. I also workout with weights 2x per week and walk 2 miles per day 5 days a week. I'm 15 pounds away from my goal weight. This app is perfect for setting your goals and recording what you eat. I record religiously! My calories are set at 1200. I'm 63. Good luck to you! You can do it!!! You will feel a thousand times better getting off of sugar, etc.
    Don't forget to drink water:)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I strongly suggest you check out the following low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group