9 pound weight gain in 3 days!!!!!!!!

n_green_l
n_green_l Posts: 74 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I admit it. I ate loads this weekend. Friday to Sunday I ate lots. I also drank a lot of alcohol. I had a lot on so I was eating out all weekend, BBQ Sunday and then out in the evening drinking and eating.

But I'm absolutely horrified to see I'm 9 lbs heavier today. I didn't even put this amount on when I went to America for a week. I'm so mortified I've worked hard to get to that weight. One binge weekend and I'm 9lb up.

Is this even possible?? I don't even wanna eat dinner this evening now. Im a huge fat pig. I'm back to square one now :( I wasn't even this weight after Christmas!!!

Replies

• n_green_l
    And I've weighed myself on the same scales and everything. I weigh every day
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    It's okay - there's no way you ate 9 x 3500 calories this weekend. It's probably water retention from salty food. Just get back to your routine, weigh and track everything. Check your weight again in a few days and it should be back down. Maybe not to where is was, but it won't be 9 pounds up.
  • n_green_l
    I've never seen weight gain like this in one day. My scales aren't broken either.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yep, it's probably mostly water weight. Normal. It's possible you gained a bit of fat, but certainly not 9 pounds.

It's also possible there are other variables that changed between your weigh-ins. Different times of day, different clothes, wet hair, did go to the bathroom before one weigh-in, didn't before the other, tons of things can cause differences in weight.

Don't worry about it, keep making good choices, you'll prob see the vast majority of these 9 pounds come off within a few days.

ETA: I see you weigh daily. This is good! I bet you've seen plenty of days that were a few pounds higher than the previous day. You just happened to have three in a row. No big deal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Relax. A lot of that is just water weight. Take a step back from the ledge and have an extra glass of water or two today. You'll be fine.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Everyone is giving you good advice. This weight gain is caused by water retention and possibly by a larger amount of food moving through your digestive tract. With a few days of eating in moderation and hydrating well, it should come off.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Don't let it beat you down. Its mostly water weight and it can happen. Just keep moving forward and be consistent.
    I have put it this way to one of my great friends. You want to fuel up your car with the best gas andtake good care of it. Our bodies we need to fuel it up with healthy foods that give us energy. If we fuel it with crap our bodies will be sluggish and no energy to move.
    Hey its a new day , new start!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,582 Member
    I've never seen weight gain like this in one day. My scales aren't broken either.

It's still water weight....

this is exactly what it is.

• ishredder
    ishredder Posts: 6 Member
    Happens to me all the time. Water is heavy. Check your sodium intake over those days. Its probably 2X or 3X your normal intake. Ironically for me... drinking more water helps get rid of that water weight. I think it helps dilute the sodium down to normal levels. If you get back to normal you will probably loose 6 of those lbs in the next 4 days or so. That is my experience.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Water weight and still some of the extra food mass in your body. Within 24-48 hours at least 1/2 of that will be gone.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I was on vacation last weekend and spent 3 days down at the coast eating out. I gained 6 pounds but guess what? It all went away after a few days because weight and fat are not the same thing. Yes, you gained 9 pounds of weight temporarily but as others have pointed out, you didn't gain pounds of fat. Just relax, get back to normal, and watch most of that go away in the next few days.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    It typically takes me about 3 days of eating right and drinking my water to get the water weight back off. No worries.