Bad days

Feel like giving up. Couldn't do my workout plan so ended up giving up and walking home. I'm so frustrated with myself. I feel I'm getting nowhere. I've got like another 20lbs to go and I just feel like I'm never going to get the result I want. Just want to cry and eat chocolate :(

Replies

• Laurnelaine
    Laurnelaine Posts: 11 Member
    Don't give up! Remember why you started this journey and what motivation you had at the start. Don't let one set back put you off. Chin up, you can do this!
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Cry, eat a small piece of chocolate that fits in your calories for the day, record your walk and then stick with it until you get there!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    I've definitely had days like this. Just take a deep breath and try and relax. Do something you enjoy and celebrate the fact you got a walk in.

Not every day will be perfect or even ideal. We just have to roll with the punches and thankfully we don't have to exercise to lose weight.
  • meg_mindbody
    meg_mindbody Posts: 23 Member
    As long as you track your calories exercise is just a bonus, don't be discouraged! :)
  • Stucktastic
    Stucktastic Posts: 23 Member
    I like /agree with all of the previous comments
    Hang in there. You are worth being healthy! No, I don't know you, but we are ALL worth it. Hugs and smiles.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Aww thank you guys! I did have a little cry, got myself up, made my dinners for tomorrow and thought to myself at least I tried. Could of thought Na won't bother today. I suppose everyone knows what it feels like to be frustrated with yourself when you can't do what you wanted. Tomorrow's a new day!! Hope everyone smashes thier goals for tomorow. Thanks for the support :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Sorry to hear about your bad day, but you seem to have gotten past it and found a way to overcome it. One of the greatest comments that someone shared with me was that you would have days when no matter how excited you were and how ready you might be it just won't work out. This is was reference to running but applies to many other areas of life.

It's okay, I wish I could say it won't happen again but maybe next time you won't be so hard on yourself (you might still cry - we all cry :) ) and you can redirect that energy to something else.

Best wishes!
  • boomer2386
    boomer2386 Posts: 3 Member
    You guys made me tear up a little. It's so great to see other women working together to build one another up. All of your comments were kick a#$ and to tell you the truth I had a hand full of Swedish fish today
  • mikerandolph86
    mikerandolph86 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    We've all had our ups and downs. This is my 4th time starting over due to injuries/lazyness. It's ok to have a down day or 2 here and there.

Just like others have said the worst thinh you can possibly do is give up. Remember why you started. You said you had 20 lbs left to go. So you have lost weight and you have been successful so keep at it.

It's also not just about the workouts. I take a day or 2 off from working out every week so my body can rest. Just keep the calorie intake low and relax. Give you body a break, rest and get after it tomorrow.

We're all pulling for you!
  • vi2nie
    vi2nie Posts: 28 Member
    Don't give up I know it's hard I have those days too. But you gotta remember why you started. You said you walked home well you got your cardio in... Good thought good results
  • Stucktastic
    @ Jayj180094 Checking in. Better today?
  • Stucktastic
    @ Jayj180094 Checking in. Better today?

Oops. Typed it incorrectly.. @Jayj180894 How are you? Rooting for you!
  • findingmi
    findingmi Posts: 31 Member
    Hang in there. Everyone has experienced a bad day or a setback for one reason or another. We just have to keep imagining a healthier version of ourselves and never give up. You got this! You are doing awesome!
  • lk031
    lk031 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm having your exact same day (couldn't do my plan since the gym was having an unscheduled class in the area where I always work out) so I spent 45 min walking the treadmill feeling hopeless and thinking about giving up. It's encouraging to see all the nice comments. You're definitely not alone (but that means neither am I) and I'm just going to try to stop being so damn hard on myself - even if nothing else goes right today, it is just one day. Hang in there.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    lk031 wrote: »
    I'm having your exact same day (couldn't do my plan since the gym was having an unscheduled class in the area where I always work out) so I spent 45 min walking the treadmill feeling hopeless and thinking about giving up. It's encouraging to see all the nice comments. You're definitely not alone (but that means neither am I) and I'm just going to try to stop being so damn hard on myself - even if nothing else goes right today, it is just one day. Hang in there.

hey you still walked. That's certainly better than just packing up and going to the donut shop so I'd say you won the day! Not every day goes as planned but it's what we make of the hand we're dealt that makes the difference and you won! :)