OMAD KETO Warrior - Daily Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited June 2017
    You lost that water weight gain fast, just like many of us told you. That's how it works. Isn't it awesome?!

The Friday before last I had a great weigh-in, then I enjoyed margaritas and lined the glass with margarita salt goodness, had some salted "hint of lime" tortilla chips, and my weigh in the next day was up nearly four pounds. The water weight clung to me like a child with separation anxiety issues until Tuesday. By Wednesday, all if it was gone, by Friday I was down 3.8 pounds--for a total of over 7 pounds in less than 3 or 4 days, lol. :-D
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Amazing how fast the body reacts...You'll be back to your pre-vacation weight in no time
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Amazing how fast the body reacts...You'll be back to your pre-vacation weight in no time

Yes, our bodies do act amazingly fast! We should pat it sometimes and tell it how awesome it is.

Yep, he'll be back down in no time :-)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    The water weight clung to me like a child with separation anxiety issues until Tuesday.

Bwahahahaha!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited June 2017
    My worse temporary weight gain was when I went hunting for a couple of days and ate a lot each day of salty food. Between not going to the bathroom much, water gained from the salt, the extra food in me, and the extra water retained due to swelling from walking many miles, I gained something like 10-lbs in 3-days. I think I lost it all in the next 3-4 days.
  • hjstewart40
    hjstewart40 Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2017
    (OMAD Day 004) *201.20* [-43.80 lbs] *1,608 CALS* 44g Carbs 24 HOUR FAST
    A little overnight loss and still moving back down closer to my pre-vacation weight. I will stick to the 24 hour OMAD plan today again until I completely stall out. I am still losing even though higher calorie intake but I don't expect that to continue. Not pictured in the photo are the (2) Oatmega bars I had as part of the meal as well.

I am going to make my way to the gym today just to start getting acclimated. I will focus only on weight exercises and steer clear of the treadmill and other cardio machines. I want to focus on increasing my overall body strength while still losing the stored body fat.

I feel really good with a lot of energy reserves in the tank so an extended fast would not be a problem at all at this time. I feel one coming on very soon and I am actually look forward to it.
    hhuwyarwfazy.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    You are doing great. Loving your comeback story so far.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Great going! Good decision about the gym..
  • hjstewart40
    (OMAD Day 005) *200.40* [-44.60 lbs] 44g Carbs 24 HOUR FAST *1,687 CALS*
    A nice continued loss and back down to pre-vacation weight. I am having breakfast today as my meal and then will be back to 1:00PM as my norm tomorrow and then after that. What is not pictured in the meal are the (2) Oatmega bars I had. Clearly knocking those down to (2) bars can see me in the yellow of the keto meter but I have not been able to get back down to red again. Amazing that I was red for nearly 75 days in a row but now to get back in I still have some work to do. I know one good zero carb day or an extended fast to do the trick and then should stay in the red so long as I stay under or at 50 grams of carbs. I'm not too concerned with that as I am still moving back down.
    zfevw7247sa6.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    How are the Oatmega bars?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Great job getting back down :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Great progress...Onederland here you come!
  • tlblanksfit
    Missed you today...Hope all is well
  • tlblanksfit
    It's been a while. I hope everything is OK --looking forward to your return
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Hope all is well!
  • hjstewart40
    I’m going to use this forum I started to re-focus my efforts in 2018. I managed to stay around my low plus 10 lbs so it has not been all doom and gloom since I stopped posting. I just feel I’m now ready to continue on my journey to reach the next leg down towards my goal weight of 175.00. I’m ready now to recommit to a more focused Intermittent fasting cycle and log my progress here. See ya tomorrow!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    Welcome back, here's to a new start :)
  • tlblanksfit
    I am so glad you are back! :D Looking forward to your progress reports
  • hjstewart40
    edited January 2018
    ROUND #001 (2017 EOY Re-set/Re-sync)
    ✅ 12/29 9:00P > 12:00A (03 HRS)
    ✅ 12/30 12:00A > 12:00A (24 HRS)
    ✅ 12/31 12:00A > 1:00P (13 HRS)
    RESULT: 40 HOURS 210.60

I started my refocus on the last few days of 2017 in order to get a head start leading into the new year. I have modified my original OMAD plan to include a more extended Intermittent fast that goes from 23 hours of a typical OMAD plan to a full 38 Hours IF followed by one or MAYBE two meals consisting of a more KETO mix of foods with a greater focus on protein intake and near elimination of carbs.

• hjstewart40
    ROUND #002 (New Year/Rose Bowl)
    ✅ 12/31 5:00P > 12:00A (07 HRS)
    ✅ 01/01 12:00A > 12:00A (24 HRS)
    ✅ 01/02 12:00A > 1:00P (13 HRS)
    TOTAL: 44 HOURS* 207.00

This round was a little more difficult to maneuver as I was dealing with New Years Eve plus a trip to the Rose Bowl. In the end I prevailed and due to red eye flights I had to extend my fast to a full 44 Hours which is longer than I wanted. I ended the fast by refueling with a nice 12 Oz Sirloin followed by 2 6 Oz burgers with cheese later in the day.