The Official Millennial (Generation Y) Thread

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Well I have 2 bachelors, my parents and I took out loans to pay for them, and now I can't get into grad school (which is what's going to enable me to use my degrees to make money) because of insane competition, so I guess I'm dumb and made bad decisions trying to better myself at all and have ambitions instead of deciding based on job markets and money.

I admire you for following your heart rather than the $$$

That's what I did, too, and I don't regret it for one second.

Thank you :) I'm ending up regretting it a lot though haha

It will get better!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I loved Nickelodeon GAS
    Oh my goodness, me too!! I heard a rumor that TeenNick shows those shows in the daytime but I've yet to see them.
  • zcb94
    edited June 2017
    Also these...and Lisa Frank everything!

dn2ne3i8lt4k.jpg
    Are those slap/snap bracelets? Oh my gosh, they were cute.
    Edited for punctuation problems
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    zcb94 wrote: »
    I loved Nickelodeon GAS
    Oh my goodness, me too!! I heard a rumor that TeenNick shows those shows in the daytime but I've yet to see them.

Ugh that would be so great, except not because I don't have cable. I used to watch those shows for hourssssssssss
  • zcb94
    I loved Nickelodeon GAS

Ugh that would be so great, except not because I don't have cable. I used to watch those shows for hourssssssssss
    I have satellite and still can't find them, so don't feel bad.
  • Mkereluik
    Mkereluik Posts: 6 Member
    I loved nearly all this! A few girly things to add. Sailor Moon, Care Bears, Trolls, Skip its.

Also Are you Afraid of the Dark definitely needs to be on here!

Omg Skip It's! I wonder how well I would do at it now? It would be a great calorie burn as long as I didn't trip all over myself.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited June 2017
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Anyone remember this

bondi-blue-imac_0.jpeg?itok=uczgONul

I used to use these alot when I was in elementary school.

Wow. That was my late high school and early college computer. When emails and chat rooms were cool. I had a Nokia 5190 cell phone and played Mortal Kombat and Tekken on a Playstation.

Earlier in my life I remember when Bevis and Butthead were cool (before they were pulled from MTV). I would also watch music videos, My So-Called Life, The Real World, and other shows on my box tv. Fun times.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    pdbvdbga2sm2.jpg
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I wanted to be on this show so bad when I was a kid.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    g6whvqhge1pa.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    g6whvqhge1pa.jpg

Small Wonder! I used to watch that!

Wrong letter generation...

Don't forget to get your free pizza hut pan pizza with your book it stickers.
  • zcb94
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I loved that show, except for the meanie temple guards! Rumor has it that there is a movie with a similar theme but, again, I can't find it.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I loved that show, except for the meanie temple guards! Rumor has it that there is a movie with a similar theme but, again, I can't find it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_the_Hidden_Temple_(film)

they actually made a movie of it last year.

LOL. The plot line sounds like a dream most of us had after watching that show.

You go to a Mayan/Incan/(whatever) themed amusement park, you fall through a trap door and into the Hidden Temple, where you have 3 minutes to find the "half-pendants of life" or you'll be trapped in the temple forever.

Yep, that's the whole plot.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I still watch this on the reg. They play the old school Nick shows all the time actually. i would have given ANYTHING to be on this show when i was younger!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Peppermint P and bro circa 1989

(forced to attend a wedding)

zosat4dc92mt.jpg

Did you get your hair gel from Ben Stiller?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I still watch this on the reg. They play the old school Nick shows all the time actually. i would have given ANYTHING to be on this show when i was younger!

I had a dream not too long ago that I got the chance to be on it and I even as a grown man I still acted as stoked as I would've been when I was a kid.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    irdkce60dr60.jpg

I had a dream not too long ago that I got the chance to be on it and I even as a grown man I still acted as stoked as I would've been when I was a kid.

i'd probably have even more fun now that i'm older