Stuck since Christmas.

2»

Replies

• Alexa11411
    Alexa11411 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you for such encouragement and for advising me to keep focused on the bigger picture.

I have found and downloaded Happy Scale to help me to that. Thank you again for all these responses. I feel so much better with such encouragement, good will and wishes, and positivity around me. x
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Just wanted to chime in that I know how you feel. I previously lost 30lbs and gained it all back. I've been aware of the fact that I need to lose weight for 2 years now. It's been so much tougher to stick with anything this time around, but consistency is key. I'm glad you're downloading happy scale. I love it! It really helps put daily weight fluctuations into perspective.
  • Alexa11411
    I have had a proper look at Happy Scale today and it looks great for keeping small changes in perspective. I'm a bit hyper-sensitive about those!

Losing 30lbs is amazing you must have been very motivated - but I understand how hard it is to get back into the way of consistently keeping at it every day. That is what I am struggling with at the moment.

I've only done IF once (last night) from around 6pm until just before 10am this morning and I found that having that purpose to work towards motivated me, and I think it is something I could stick with.

Dinner times are my bad time. I can be good all day and then just lose my head in the evening.

Thank you so much for all the help. Its keeping me grounded, positive and I hope on track.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    sosteach wrote: »
    Eat less fewer calories

Fixed.

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Alexa11411 wrote: »
    Gosh I've just looked at it and it's awful - embarrassing and incomplete. But it's open.

If that's the case, I would bet that you are not really eating what you planned to, as far as your calorie budget. It always comes down to, if you are not losing, you are not in a deficit. Get back to logging, consistently and accurately.
  • Stucktastic
    Stucktastic Posts: 23 Member
    @Alexa11411 How are you doing today? Rooting for you!
  • Alexa11411
    Hello thanks for your message I'm really glad you asked - thanks!

am doing ok I think. I did the IF yesterday and the night before from 6pm unt 10am but I haven't quite managed it so well tonight, I think because I was a bit under prepared.

Tomorrow will be the ultimate test for me though. Usually I get swept along on a wave of desperation or enthusiasm for two or three days of sensible eating and then I stupidly sabotage my progress.

This is the pattern that has kept me in my lose 2lbs/gain 2lbs repetitive nightmare since Christmas!

If I can get through tomorrow ok I will have made new progress and broken the pattern. It's the new progress I really want!

I have been thinking hard about why I spoil my progress so I can avoid doing that this time and I think it's because I'm so pleased with myself that I get a bit too relaxed.

How are you doing today?
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Once you start accurately logging for about a month, go back and manually configure your TDEE based on your real life data. You may get to eat even more than you think and still maintain your desired weight loss :D.

You're off to an awesome start and have a wonderful attitude! Don't forget that when you do get to your goal weight that it's a range, not a number. So, you may still see that two pound swing in either direction.
    Alexa11411 wrote: »
    Tomorrow will be the ultimate test for me though. Usually I get swept along on a wave of desperation or enthusiasm for two or three days of sensible eating and then I stupidly sabotage my progress.

If you struggle with keeping consistent from day to day, perhaps you should look at your kcals on a weekly basis, not a daily one. If you under eat by a few on one day, then over eat by a few on a different day, your weekly deficit stays that same. This approach has done wonders for me by putting higher calorie days in perspective. Even if I go way over, I can cut 50-100 kcals for the rest of the week if I need to and I don't have to feel guilty or like I sabotaged anything.

Best of luck!
  • Stucktastic
    Stucktastic Posts: 23 Member
    You can do this, @Alexa11411 ! @DamieBird 's advice sounds good. I'm rooting for you.
  • Alexa11411
    Hello again - thank you @Daimebird and @Stucktastic (I hope I'm tagging correctly!) that is such positive and helpful advice.

Yesterday wasn't one of my best days I must admit, but my weight didn't rocket as I didn't lose all control. So I feel as if I did fall on the third day as usual, but I did manage not to throw caution entirely to the wind so I'm hoping that's progress.

I never, ever thought of my goal weight as a range. That has really calmed down the way I view tiny changes and fluctuations, and I think it is these that often trigger my self-sabotage. Thank you - that's so helpful.

And having such support - I really am hoping with the good will and support I have been given in my first post will make July the month I'm not stuck anymore. x
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    It's all a series of small steps to get to your final goal, and just realizing that having a bad day doesn't ruin all of your efforts is great progress!