Is it cheating to weigh yourself naked?

I'm not being perverted just being serious and honest. At the doctors the weigh you with shoes and the works on so are you cheating yourselfs by weighing yourself at home naked as opposed to with clothes on at the doctors?

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    whineryjnw wrote: »
    I'm not being perverted just being serious and honest. At the doctors the weigh you with shoes and the works on so are you cheating yourselfs by weighing yourself at home naked as opposed to with clothes on at the doctors?

Since I only go to the doctor's about every two years for my physical no, it's not cheating. It's what I really weigh. :)
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    I always weigh nude, 1st thing Friday morning after going pee. Think it's a more accurate number for me as far as a consistent number, and to monitor the trend. I never worry about what the doctor scales show. It might be more accurate than myou scale at home, but my home scale shows my trend. Plus, must people weigh more later in the day due to water retention, etc. I can weight 2 pounds more before bed than I did in the morning. That's my water.
  • trobius
    trobius Posts: 6 Member
    I looked up the weight of clothing awhile back. Shoes average about 2 and half lbs and everything else combined usually doesn't even make it to 2lbs.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    It's the most accurate measurement.

If you are wearing any clothing, you're measuring that too and, as far as I know, no one who is trying to lose or maintain weight, wants to see a weight on the scale that is heavier than they actually are.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I only ever weigh myself naked. It removes any variation from clothing.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Naked only. If the technician doesn't like it, then s/he can leave the room and I will weigh myself and give them the results / leave the weights in place on the tension arm.