Is it cheating to weigh yourself naked?

Replies

• DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    That's how I weigh myself every morning before I eat.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Agree w/ naked, after using the bathroom, before eating.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    I'd argue that weighing with clothes on is inaccurate. I'm not my clothing, my clothing doesn't affect my health, my BMI or my body composition. I never get weighed at the doctor (I actually find that kind of odd, but maybe that's a nationality thing) but when I used to go to WW and had to weigh in, I'd wear as light a clothing as possible and still track my weight at home, in the nude, first thing in the AM.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Only if someone else is weighing naked at the same time and ...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    No, in fact, I recommend it. You want to know the weight of your body, not your clothes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I weigh in the mornings with my pj pants and tank top on. I did go through the hassle of getting undressed and weighing naked once, but it made no difference in the weight reading. I do take my dressing gown off though, that weighs 2.1lbs.

If I'm going to the doctor and know they're going to weigh me, i just tell them that mornings weight on my home scale, and they record that and skip weighing on their scale.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It's not cheating at all, but you're not allowed to ask why you weigh more at the doctor's office than at home, lol!
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Also, unless you have an early morning appointment with the Dr, there are other problems with the weight measured there. Additional food in the stomach and as you sleep you lose a lot of weight just by breathing with no fluid intake. After being up and moving and drinking and eating, you will probably weigh a few lbs more at the Dr. So by the original post, perhaps one is actually cheating by weighing first thing in the morning?
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Heck I thought that was the only way to weigh yourself
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    At the doctor's, within a few pounds is probably just fine for most people. Clothing isn't going to make a slightly overweight person suddenly obese. At home, I don't weigh my clothes. I'm not looking to compare my weight with the year before.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    I weigh out of the home. Once a week at the chemists and whenever i have a hospital appointment

I wear my lightest underwear and dress and you bet ya i remove shoes, cardigan, my thick woolly tights

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I can't be bothered, personally, but no it's not cheating. You are weighing yourself to see how your weight behaves, being naked shows you this trend, so why would it be cheating?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    I'd argue that weighing with clothes on is inaccurate. I'm not my clothing, my clothing doesn't affect my health, my BMI or my body composition. I never get weighed at the doctor (I actually find that kind of odd, but maybe that's a nationality thing) but when I used to go to WW and had to weigh in, I'd wear as light a clothing as possible and still track my weight at home, in the nude, first thing in the AM.

You are in Australia, aren't you? - forgive me if I am getting you mixed up with someone else.

I am in Australia and I work in a medical centre - every doctors room has a set of scales and we often weigh patients.

Not all the time of course - if I come in with a suspected broken arm, my weight is not relevant.

But it is relevant in pre employment medicals, management of chronic disease -eg diabetes, cardiac conditions etc, sometimes for medication dosages, in pregnancy monitoring etc etc.

The patient does take their shoes off and any heavy outer clothing - like coats.

and of course the measurement is assuming patient is wearing some clothing, nobody has ever been weighed naked (except babies) in our clinic.
    But lightweight clothing doesnt weigh much - nobody is suddenly going to jump into Obese BMI range or get wrong medication dosage because of trackpants and a tshirt.

At home I weigh myself weekly wearing a lightweight nightie - every Sun evening before bed.

That is the most convenient time and attire for me - as long as my routine is consistent it doesnt really matter nor it is cheating.

Unless, as someone said, you do something really silly like weigh one week in jeans, jumper, coat, knee high boots and next week naked - and then claim you have lost 5 pounds :o

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Nope, that's how I normally do it. First thing in the morning...

Sometimes I'll leave my shorts and tshirt on... depending on where I am in my morning routine when I go past the scale.